Interracial couple attacked

Discussion in 'In the News' started by malikom, Mar 7, 2008.

1. malikom

malikom Banned

http://www.reflector.com/local/content/news/stories/2008/02/16/0216WalMart.html

Just out of curiosity,do you think situations like this could possibly happen more often in the near future as interracial relationships get more frequent?I know your average white male who "dosent believe" in interracial relationships will only give a stare of discontent,but this guy happened to be part of a hate group.

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

This will happen more in the future as more people sink into poverty.

The middle-class is being removed..and as history shows,race-crimes increase as times get harder..

Notice that they only arrested ONE guy in the shooters car..

If they were Black EVERYBODY IN THE CAR WOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED..

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

sad, but probably true..

"don't ride in a car with stupid people doing stupid things"
    -loosely quoting a military recruitment tip for people interested in joining

if anything, the passengers would have been questioned..

i mean afterall..they were in a car, riding with someone trying to kill somebody, which was racially motivated

just goes to show you that there are still some dangers, with going with white women..

i'm surprised malikom didn't tell us what the white girl looked like, which caused that white guy to go off

:p

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I live in North Carolina and when I visit my relatives in Greenville,I go to that Wal-Mart. It seems regardless that this town has ECU there are still racists over there.

5. malikom

malikom Banned

Yup they would have been arrested if they were black

6. malikom

malikom Banned

There isnt a picture of her lol

7. jxsilicon9

jxsilicon9 Active Member

They found the gun shoved in his butt. He was probably jealous of the girl.

8. mike38

mike38 New Member

Yes, I heard about Greenville being pretty bad. It is in eastern NC, the rural part of the state, and definitely things are bad out there. I'm from eastern NC and have been to that city, but not for the past 10 years. I haven't thought about the poverty issue, but I can see that as part of the reason why the couple got attacked. And that idiot who did the attacking, deserved being locked up. Even with the dire financial situations in that area, there is still no place and time for that to happen.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

unfortunately

educational wealth, in the form of a college, does not make racism and violence go away

some people just won't get over a brotha wit a white girl..

ESPECIALLY if the white girl is pretty and/or intelligent to boot...

I know those guys who proposed to popular, college educated white girls on national tv, are going to be taking flak for years to come

they're stealing "the man's" natural resources

as for the gun jammed into his ass..

that's comedy...

almost as funny as the scene from "Training Day," where the judge says that a perp jammed peanut butter into his ass crack, and started licking it off his hands, to make it look like he was insane for eating his own fecal matter..

lol

10. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

Well it is North Carolina so why y'all acting all shocked and shit?

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i'm trying not to judge the entire south you know..

some folk from here are from georgia, texas, whatever

:)

12. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

People always dog the south but you can get your head cracked by racists in Boston faster than if you was in the south and yes folks the midwest is just as bad. I have heard that from black and white people.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i heard about boston..

but even philly has areas, where a brotha doesn't walk around past midnight, unless he's rollin' squad deep with some boys..

racist mofos who'll beat you for being black are everywhere..you just need to stay out of their hoods..

14. malikom

malikom Banned

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i told a coworker of mine that I was going to shoot up to boston, via amtrak..for a quick stay..

just for tourism, you know..

he (also black) was like "are you sure you wanna go up there?"

:)

I usually roll through places like a commando, alone with no help..

so..if I ever went ANYWHERE, I would try to stay in areas that are known to be popular amongst tourist and have people of all backgrounds going there

I wouldn't venture out into strange, small neighborhoods..at least not after dark

16. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

makes u wonder what's up with the Irish up there?!

I've noticed that Irish either really like blacks...or really despise...with little middle ground. But I guess going to Boston is like a BM going to East L.A.

Of course... Paddy Milligan and Pedro Moreno wouldn't be caught dead in Compton so...it works both ways.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

yes it does..

i wanted to head up there for a quick stint..

stay in a hotel around a place of visitor attraction, then come back down to philly..

he made me think twice tho...

and I remember a line from "The Departed," where leonardo dicaprio is talking to a black police cadet..

something about it being hard for a black man, living in boston

...as for the irish, I REALLy do not know what the problem is with them and blacks..

in bost anyway

18. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

If you really want to know about the Irish, i suggest y'all read the book, "How The Irish Became White" by Noel Ignatiev. It would shed light on your questions.