NFL 2015 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Mar 13, 2015.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

No worries, my bad. I understand

Yes, many of us are saying that it would be great for Peyton to get another ring. Cam is definitely and force, and I love the energy he plays with. I'm guessing the Panthers, but like many... I have a hard time take sides in this one since I like both QBs, and both teams.

2. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I actually like that the Panthers are favored to win...the Patriots were also favored to win on Sunday...so I hope the media runs with it...for the two weeks prior to the Patriots game every network jumped on the Tom Brady train talking about how the team was going to spank us on our own field...I am not surprised we are visiting the past SB meeting with the Seahawks...

Nothing against Newton...he is a amazing! Very happy for team Panthers!

why?

because it fuels the fire that ignites the Broncos!

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

As much as I'd love to see Peyton leave football with a second SuperBowl ring, there is no way the Broncos are winning it.

Why?

Because, the Panthers are playing like a team possessed. They are unstoppable. They remind me a lot of my beloved '85 Bears. They're in sync, they're relaxed, they're enjoying the games.

Look at what they did to the Cardinals on Sunday. The Cardinals are a great team, and the Panthers just ran all over them and made it look like the Cardinals were a HS team.

It will be extremely unlikely the Panthers will lose.

4. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to agree with you, as much as I hate to say it. I still have absolutely no fucking idea how they lost to the Falcons only a few days after shutting us out.

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

This is true. Nothing like everyone giving a team a snowball's chance in hell to seriously light a fire in that team.

6. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Cam Newton is suggesting that some of the criticism thrown his way, is because he is a Black QB.

I don't know how much water his explanation holds, when you consider how much respect the media has for Russel Wilson who is also a Black QB who played in the Super Bowl.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

About to sat the same exact thing.

And there was Doug Williams, and Steve McNair... Donovan McNabb...has this kid been under a rock?

(and Doug and Russell won. Slow down, Cam)

9. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I saw that press conference...very odd for him to say such a thing...he isn't the first and he won't be the last...a bit foolish of him...Russell is over there thinking that he must not be black enough for Cam:smt081

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Y'all know exactly what Cam means but pretending to be ignorant is a easier way of coping with what he said.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

people been whining about his td celebrations

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm not ignorant about what he is implying. I just don't agree with him. I think sometimes brothers like Cam play the race card as a way of deflecting legitimate criticism.

Look, I don't give a crap how much he celebrates. But when people say he is displaying poor sportsmanship, maybe they mean just what they say.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  13. 4north1side2

[YOUTUBE]e8c-7mkI368[/YOUTUBE]

What say you?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Even though we live in a society that has a lot of racial issues, it is still possible to legitimately criticize a black man without it necessarily being a racial thing.

I (A Black man) happen to think Cam might be misusing the race card, in this particular instance.

15. 4north1side2

I disagree and this is why.

Black quarterbacks are middleage white men worst nightmares in sports. Any other position in football can be black but the QB position, which is held as a intelligent leadership position. It's the position that gets the most credit and it kills them to see a confidence black man as the face of it. Cam inspires young black kids who thinks because they talks or act a certain way that they could never be a quarterback like his white counterparts, that you don't have to hide pieces of yourself to be successful as a quarterback, that you don't have to hang your head low and act humble.

Cam is playing at a level that no black QB has ever played at EVER which is why he gets so much hate. . I know black people know the code words of the past......."athletic players" when they talk black players mostly....."smart players" when they talk white players.

I love how Cam doesn't appease the good ole boy mindset and his refusal to hide that he is looked at differently based on his skin tone.. Gives me hope for black youth. He basically said white people stuck in their superiority complex can kiss his black ass in a nice way. I wish nothing for the best for this dude. Not a criminal, not doing stupid shit to get suspended but his "character" is bad because he celebrates. Yet JJ Watts, Gronk, and shit even Carson Palmer pelvic thrusting on the side lines you get shit like

They are just razzing.

Boys will be boys

He's a rebel

I forgot the team's name right now but theirs a college basketball team right now being applauded for their bench's funny antics; posing for cameras, having fun, etc. That shit is funny to white people. Ronda Rousey's arrogance is respected by white people. But a black person being cocky/funny or arrogant is automatically viewed negatively by whites.

[​IMG]

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ugh!
    Just watched 30 for 30 and had no idea that the Bills won four straight AFC's and lost four straight Superbowls. How did they ever recover from that heart-ache

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

So true could add on but no need to

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I saw all four....wow.

19. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

The Panthers were a nothing team to me until they got Cam. I like watching him and the team play. I have to be a Broncos fan for the Super Bowl (son's gf is a staunch fan) but I won't be disappointed if the Panthers win. :)

20. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

The 1990-1993 Buffalo Bills were a perfect example of "always a bridesmaid, never a bride." They had some good teams but the could never, ever get over the hump. At the same time though, that was when the NFC won like 14 or 15 straight Superbowls and was by far the dominant conference. Those blowouts made for some really boring games so you didn't miss much.

When I was in sixth grade, Thurman Thomas came to our school after they'd lost another Super Bowl. I asked him if he was mad at Scott Norwood lol. I forgot what his answer was but in the spirit of sportsmanship and teamwork he probably said that he wasn't.