The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

?@DCComics
    Christopher Priest takes on Deathstroke for #DCRebirth starting 8/10! :!: Bring it!

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Batman v Superman' Makes $170 Million Domestic Box Office

[​IMG]

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice made superhero-like noise at the box office in its opening weekend, taking a record-breaking $170.1 million.

Audiences flocked to see the battle between Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) in the DC Comics film, which also introduced Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot).

It's the biggest March opening weekend ever (beating 2012's The Hunger Games at $152.5 million), the largest Easter opening (beating 2015's Furious 7, $147.2 million) and the largest Warner Bros. domestic release ever (beating 2011's final Harry Potter film, $169.2 million).

The huge debut runs counter to terrible reviews for the Zack Snyder-directed film, branded with a weak 29% positive critical score on RottenTomatoes.com. Audiences gave it a B grade on CinemaScore.

No one cared about the reviews — they didn't matter," says Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst for the tracking service comScore. "People just wanted to see this movie and this classic matchup between two titans of the superhero universe."

The release comes with tremendous pressure, as Batman v Superman is the launch pad for Warner Bros.' DC Comics universe, which will see the unveiling of 10 interlocking films by 2020. The movie was a costly production, shot with a reported $250 million budget and $150 million in global marketing costs.

But Jeff Bock, box office analyst for Exhibitor Relations, anticipates that the movie's $424 million global haul for the weekend will be enough to allow DC Comics to successfully take on rival Marvel Comics onscreen.

"As long as Batman v Superman makes $750 million worldwide, that will be enough to launch this universe successfully," says Bock. "In the end, it was the fans that spoke the loudest. They are the ones paying to see the movie."

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The movie was going to have a good first weekend no matter what. In my opinion the 2nd weekend is the real test.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Suicide Squad will be the real test for the DCCU. If David Ayers keeps the same gloomy tone for Suicide Squad that David Goyer and Zack Snyder established in Man of Steel & Batman v Superman, then we will know that Warner Brothers has put out a mandate for a darker cinematic universe.

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

All Sucide Squad has to do is be a good movie and it will do nicely. It can't get the same kinds of reviews as B v. S and do well. No one cares enough about the Sucide Squad for bad reviews to be a non factor. And, Will Smith isn't a big enouh draw anymore to get people to come see it just because he's there.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agreed
    I will say this I thought the first half of B v S sucked but it more than made up for it in the last 45 minutes. When Wonder Woman finally got into the action it was epic. Can't wait for her solo movie.

7. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I'm diggin WW myself! (Wonder women/white women). Lol. On the real, I can't wait for her movie! I thought she would be a little too thin at first but she played the part perfect! iMO

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The Wonder Woman film is in production now and will be set in World War 1. I believe that the plot will center around Diana's relationship with the Trevor family through the years.

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

10. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Probably holding back a dual release for Wii U & NX

11. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Justice league vs Teen titans gets a meh from me. It wasn't as good of a fight as young justice vs Justice League

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I just came out of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. My verdict; good movie. Not epic but a good movie that delivers the goods. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor was amazing. Gal Gadot looked really sexy as Wonder Woman. Ben Affleck was scary as Batman and he kicked ass, too.

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'll pass on Lex Luther. Too over the top and goofy. Although, there were times he was actually menacing.

I totally agree with you about Batman; at times, genuinely scary. You could really understand why criminals would fear him. Afflek is the closest to the comic book, BTAS we've gotten.

Gal Gadot killed it. But, I knew she would.

Without spoilling the scene, did you catch that the photographer at the beginning with Lois Lane was Jimmy Olsen?

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I thought it was Jimmy Olsen... at first. There was another detail that wasn't explained. Doomsday's appearance seemed a bit off, but just a bit because Doomsday's origin was on Krypton. Bruce Wayne's bad dream about Superman was also a bit off.

The film was following the comic book script as well as throwing the political and philosophical up in the air. Like the African woman said of Superman, " He answers to no one. Not even God."

Jeremy Irons was more cantankerous as Alfred than Michael Caine. But at least he has a more active role.

Anatoly Knyazev, known as the KGBeast, had faced Batman twice in the comics.

The scene when Batman pays Luthor a visit was interesting. It looked like Batman was going to make Luthor his bitch. LOL

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Obviously there were some key scenes cut from the theatrical release of Batman v Superman. Good bet that they all show up on the Director's Cut/"R-Rated" DVD/Blu-Ray release that was being hyped before the movie was released.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

No doubt about that. Even back when I used to view VHS tapes, I always tried to purchase the Director's Cut.

17. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Wonder Woman: Earth One

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonder Woman & Steve Trevor

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Wait, Does she have her hand on his junk? lol

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Is he Jamie Foxx?? Lol