The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

They should be.
    The Ancient One is one of the few prominent Asian characters in the Marvel universe and easily could have been cast with an Asian actor.

It almost seems like the producers and director went out of their way NOT to cast an Asian in that role.

Tilda Swinton is a powerful actor though.
    She adds some heft to the Dr. Strange narrative with all the voice over work she appears to do in the film.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[youtube]/ysRIwlEBjuw[/youtube]

Godzilla Resurgence Japanese Trailer: The King Of The Monsters reclaims his crown.

This is the first trailer for Toho’s reboot of the Godzilla franchise.
    Check it.

3. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I can dig it

4. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Looks better than the American Version :p

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting for the film to come over here. I guess the honchos at Toho had a change of heart after the WB film.

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Do you guys like the Japanese guy in a rubber suit films or the CGI US releases better?

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL. I don't know how anyone prefers the Japanese Godzilla monster.

That looks like a high end, low budget flick.

I'd prefer to see the Japanese cast and setting combined with the Hollywood CGI Godzilla.

8. orejon4

I like them for nostalgia's sake, but once you see the CGI done well, it's hard to go back to the rubber suit.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

As a lifelong Godzilla/Gojira fan, I like both as long as it doesn't diminish the importance of Godzilla's purpose in the world because he is one of a kind. There's something about the man in the rubber suit that one can feel a connection with. That connection that makes you wish someone else wore the suit to stomp on toy tanks, boats, automobiles, trains and planes. And destroying a model city would be a lot of fun, too. The actor who played Godzilla/Gojira was Haruo Nakajima , a stunt man who was also a practitioner in judo and jiu Mitsubishi. Nakajima played Godzilla from 1954 to 1972.

When Godzilla returned in 1985, it was a 20 foot tall robot and a man in a suit.

When the 1998 Godzilla came out, it too, had a man in a suit. But it lacked That sense of purpose. It was an oversized Iguana that reproduces asexually.

The Gareth Edwards film was the best CGI ever filmed for a monster movie. Better than the monsters in SyFy channel movies.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Scarlett Johansson is in the live action adaptation of Ghost In The Shell. She'll be playing Major Matoko Kusanagi. I know. Another whitewash. This time, I have to agree. Actress Ming Na Wen sent a shout out about it. The movie is due out this year.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm usually all for live action adaptations of animated works or comics. But This movie really doesn't need to get made in my opinion.

The whitewashing aside, Americanized versions of anime stories almost always suck.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There was once an attempt to make an adaptation of Star Blazers. Disney was going to buy the rights to make it, but the deal fell through. Space Battlecruiser Yamato was made a few years ago and it had an all Japanese cast. Steven Tyler sang a song for the film called Love Lives.

Daredevil and Electra had many homages to Ninja Scroll.

Hugh Jackman's look for Van Helsing was inspired by Vampire Hunter D.

Director Wolfgang Petersen is working on a live action adaptation of Ponyo.

Speed Racer was better as a cartoon(although John Goodman was good as Pops Racer and Susan Sarandon was fine as Speed's mother). I wondered what would happen if Quentin Tarantino directed it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Jungle book was dope so worth watching guys

14. orejon4

Really? I saw some really good reviews about it yesterday. I'll check it out. Maybe I can get my son to go.

Also, I thought you guys could use this:

[​IMG]

This is the basis of my opposition.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I've made plans to see it on Monday. The last trailer is breathtaking, an astoundingly well-realized CGI world (with a young actor) on the screen.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Everything was beautiful and we'll done

18. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Lmfao

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]gyWEtvGCykQ[/YOUTUBE]

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Pretty cool