Australian women & black men

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by brethard, Jun 10, 2015.

1. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Hahah that made me laugh. I have never heard it referred to as a bilabong. Only in the old school show blinky bill about a platypus. I basically can only go anywhere in Queensland in Winter lol. But nah i think the equivalent is a dam or creek but you can't see 'what lies beneath' there's eels and cat fish and all sorts that can bite. Plus the water stinks. I prefer my bath tub. I'm safe there.

2. beccaomecca

Lol.

Yeah I'm hearing that! Those things sting! Oh damn murky beaches. That's no good. I will have to post some pics of the beaches around here they're pretty nice from the shore. There a beach that has crystal clear water I've swam in that but again (wow my predictive text just typed vaginal when i went to type but again lol da fk) i found myself rescuing my son because a large stingray unburried itself from the sand under the water right underneath us.

Too unpredictable for my liking.

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

LOL er: vaginal:).

Was your son also alarmed, or just you being a cautious Mom? The worse I've come upon was once went I visited Barbados... I was fooling around in shallow water, reached down into the sand and picked up a buried starfish. Scared the crap out of me:).

4. brethard

brethard Active Member

A bouquet of roses can heal most wounds.

And Iggy Azalea looked understandably touched as she accepted a vase of white roses at her door on Monday.

The 25-year-old singer wore just a bathrobe bearing the words, The New Classic, as she chatted on her phone while accepting the fragrant delivery.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...aled-romance-Nick-Young-on.html#ixzz470uDUHeT

5. beccaomecca

Cute!! He's making it up to her. With a tiny bunch of flowers lol. Holy shit though she needs to lay off the botox!

6. beccaomecca

Lol yeah weird right!?

I think he's used to having a crazy mum. I never give him warning lol my motherly instincts kick in and i do the first thing that comes to mind i dragged him to shore lol. Oh wow you've been to Barbados!!!! Hahaha that's kinda cool catching a star fish!!! My cousin put his hand out the window and caught a bird once lol random as fuck it just landed in his hand.

7. DudeNY12

LOL! He probably was thinking.... There goes my protective Mom again:). I remember a time as a youngster when my Mom was about to fight a man because he had gotten in my face agressively:).

Yes, I visited Barbados back in my early 20s. At the time my g/f's Dad and stepmom lived there. It was cool after I had adjusted. One interesting thing was driving on the left side of the road, and shifting gears with my left hand. Funny thing about that it that I'm ambidextrous, but left-dominant. That starfish suprised the heck out of me. I've been to a few of the islands, but Puerto Rico remains my favorite. I know it's because I can get the island experience, and still have the conveniences of being in the USA.

8. swirlingnurse

swirlingnurse Member

I would like to visit Australia one day. I have never been.

9. beccaomecca

Do it!!! We can party together!

10. beccaomecca

Haha! I'm sure he's keen to move out and gain some normality in his life lol. Aww your Mom (feels so weird spelling it that way) was super protective of you! I'd have no chance fighting a man at 5'4 lol but I'd try if i had to.

Come on now we've touched on the subject of your age.....

[​IMG]

Hahahaaha! Welcome to my world honey! Left hand on the stick right hand on the steering wheel. And always on the left hand side of the road lol. I felt so weird and thought i was gonna die on a bus over there turning a corner just didn't feel right lol.

You should have kept the star fish lol. Given it to your ex when you broke up lol kidding.

Sounds like a beautiful spot for sure!! I'll add it to my wanderlust list!!

11. DudeNY12

My Mom is about your height. I think it was just that protective Mama bear instinct. It actually was embarrassing to me. I think I was about 13/14 y/o. A few of us were playing basketball when I get into a little scrapping with this one dude. Nothing serious, but after a bit of shoving the guy left and got his dad. The dad came and was yelling and cursing at me. Then he actually tried to slap me, but I quickly got out of his reach. At this point I was shaken and knew there was nothing I could do against this man. In my mind... I needed my dad. Cutting to the chase... My dad and I came back a few min later... the other guy was out there, but his dad was no where to be found:). Later that day when my mom learned of what happened... She confronted the guy, and he was at least smart enough to quickly walk away:),

There you go again with that age thing:). I guess I'll just have to show you my driver's license one day:).

The driving was OK once I got used to staying on the correct side of the road:). I think the strangest part was going around what Brits call a roundabout. Aussies too? I made it without incident but what an adventure. I was just thankful that I knew how to drive a car with a manual transmission. It was a rental, and they charged more $$$ for rental cars with automatic transmissions. In Puerto Rico, I rented the slowest Toyota Corolla ever built. I was wishing this one had a manual transmission, because with air conditioning on... It struggled on long hills, and you definitely need on-demand speed when driving on some of those highways.

She probably would've thought the starfish was cool, while me (the city boy) was totally startled when I realized I had something alive in my hand:).

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall when my father took me and my older brother to the New Jersey State Police Training facility in Sea Gift, New Jersey for Trooper Youth Week, an event for young boys to explore the training of New Jersey State Troopers. It was like military boot camp. Because I was young, I hung around watching tv in the Non Commissioned Officer's barracks. My dad drove me to the Jerry on the shore. It was my first time seeing the Jersey shore, the waves and the smell of the sea. I wanted to get closer to touch the water. Dad told me go any further because the tide was high and rough. I stayed put as I heard the waves crash against the rocks.

When I was a freshman in high school, our family went to Daytona Beach. At that time, I was in the salty water. My dad wanted to take a picture of me in the water. I turned to face him. Dad told me to jump up and down. I jumped and a wave knocked me down. Dad laughed. I walked from the water and then stopped. I saw a all Shark skirt past my feet. Then I saw another. I was told that the Sharks was harmless because of their size, which was no larger than a pencil.

If I told my mother that a Shark was in the water, she'd have a seizure.

13. beccaomecca

I think i need a bigger phone with a bigger screen lol this shits becoming difficult! Lol. I think from now on you should just voice msg what you have to say. Lol

I bet your mom still has that protecive streak in her. I don't think it ever diminishes. Funny old mate ran away.

Lol it would be totally hard to get used to! Yeah we call em round abouts. Do you not have them?! You just have intersections? Lmao! Fuck that's funny! I have to turn my damn air con off to get up the hill near the uni so i feel your pain!

LoL the starfish part i was making an inappropriate joke...

i can't type anymore either this site is screwed ormy phoneis imtyping and its delayd as fark!

14. DudeNY12

LOL! Sorry. Just when we had gotten away from writing the long posts:). I'm usually using either my desktop computer or laptop for WWBM. It's rare that I'm on this site with my phone.

Yes, my mom still thinks we're "her children" at times. It's funny.

We do have roundabouts (we call them traffic circles), and I know the rules (like traffic that's entering must yield to traffic in the circle), but with right hand traffic we travel around the circle in a counter-clockwise direction. So it was really odd to suddenly be going around the roundabout in a clockwise direction. I guess I did well since I'm alive to tell about it.

I think it would drive me insane to be turning off A/C for every steep hill. Thankfully, my car has a bit of speed to it.

I can't believe I missed that starfish joke:)

You overworked your phone:).

15. brethard

brethard Active Member

Will try to catch Iggy if/when she goes on tour this year.
    Speaking of which, today's a bittersweet anniversary--it
    was five years ago today that Kylie Minogue had her
    first-ever concert in Boston--still kicking myself for missing
    the chance to go! :(

http://archive.boston.com/ae/music/blog/2011/04/minogue_proves.html

16. beccaomecca

Nice. I hope you do end up seeing her in concert. Lol. I am sorry to hear that! It's just one of those things hey. Live with no regrets. I told myself that fuck it if anyone decent comes here i I'm going to see them regardless of any external factors such as no money or interested friends lol. So so far this year I've seen Wu Tang (by myself) and hopefully more to come. Otherwise they may never come back!

17. beccaomecca

https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/q18v5ypdmlwr3poc

18. beccaomecca

https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/mmql06gefzd31m8f

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

20. beccaomecca

lol okkkk..