Zombie Fans : Walking Dead Season 2 Starts Tonight.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Oct 16, 2011.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Strand is a great character. Equal parts brilliance and menace.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I think Strand is about to be killed off by the survivors to take over his boat.

These dumbasses want to save everyone they see out on the water like they're on a cruise ship.

Brotha is getting NO respect.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's those dummies haven't quite caught on it ain't that type of world anymore.
    Only thing I don't agree with is that the virus effects everyone. Not a single human has an immunity? Slowing moving viruses like that usually give hosts times to build immunities kind of like bubonic plague in Europe. Only took out a quarter of the population hell there's even a small percent of the population who can't get HIV

4. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

It's almost like its something imbedded in all humans but not animals. You die, you turn. That's weird if you think reality.

5. The Dark King

Right? We are so diverse genetically there should be at least a few million out of a 7 billion who are resistant to the virus.
    Now that would be interesting to see how they react if there's a possible cure.

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

They will probably run into a person are two in the future who catch get it.

7. The Dark King

So odd it hasn't happen yet. They've been dealing with this shit for years and no rumors or legends about people who've been bitten and are ok?
    Guess you can't drag it out if there's a possible cure.

8. FreeThinker96

FreeThinker96 Member

Yeah I agree. At first I was mad at Strand for cutting that girl lose, but then again I understand where he's coming from. That boat isn't going to grow. Every place they stop at, are they just going to get all the survivors they see? That's more mouths to feed and more people to watch. If anything, humans are more dangerous than the infected, because they're unpredictable. On land, that could have been a different story, but a boat? sorry not sorry. I have a feeling we'll be seeing that girl again, she knows where they're headed.

How do we know it's a virus? remember we don't know what caused the outbreak, I read somewhere that the origins would never be explained in TWD or FTWD. I was quite confused in episode 2 when that little girl took those pills and turned, am I missing something there? I thought the pills would just poison/kill her. I think not knowing what it is, how to cure it, or how it started keeps things intense and realistic even. The best kind of fear is the fear of the unknown. It's no longer scary when you know everything. We'd have to understand what the infection does and how it came into existence to even talk about the possibility of immunity... but that will never happen. However, personally I am interested in the whole military involvement that was present in the first season. I hope we get some more of that this season, them trying to find answers whenever they get off the water. It's an inside job for sure, this whole outbreak, it has to be.

9. The Dark King

Could be an inside job

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It's a plague virus.

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OF THE ORIGINAL WALKING DEAD SERIES.

Season 1 Finale of The Walking Dead when they get to the CDC they find out that much. The surviving scientist also said that if there is a possible cure that it would be in France, since French scientists were the last active group known to be trying to develop a cure before everything went to shit.

Season 2 of The Walking Dead is when they establish/discover that anyone who dies, no matter what the cause, comes back as a zombie. They also learn that everyone who has managed to survive the initial plague outbreak is basically immune to the virus itself killing them, but not from reanimating their corpse if/when they die. That's why the little girl came back after she poisoned herself with the pills.

And "NO" they will probably never reveal the cause of the zombie plague or if there is in fact a cure since the show is essentially about surviving and rebuilding some sort of civilization in a zombie apocalypse.

11. FreeThinker96

FreeThinker96 Member

I totally forgot that part. I didn't do a recap of the details from the first season, bad habit. Usually I remember, not this time though. Mm mm mmmh smh. That's something else there. While I'm thinking about it, I feel like Ophelia will die soon, her and Nick seem to be getting close. She's the only one wounded, and they focus on her wound a lot. I just feel it, if she was going to be fine, I'd think they wouldn't keep making it seem like she's not okay. Yeah she was shot, but I don't know. I could be wrong though. If not her, Chris --- thinking he's the terminator, I'm surprised him wandering off didn't get himself infected. I know what he was doing when called himself trying to go for a swim last time. I worry about that kid.

12. The Dark King

The one part of this is we are supposed to suspend disbelief is thatno one has seen a damn zombie movie before?
    All this wreckless shit makes no damn sense to me. Sure unforseen shit happens but actively going off by yourself or messing with strangers is some basic 101 shit

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Remember, in TWD universe, there is no such thing as zombie movies. No George Romero flicks, none of that. None of this ever existed until the dead started to rise and eat the living.

It makes sense. That's the only way it could work, frankly.

14. The Dark King

So weird but when I think a out it you're right

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

But people do dumb reckless shit ALL the time in the real world. And that's a big part of why this show has such wide appeal. Everybody sitting at home getting mad talking about how dumb they are for doing this rather than that knowing all the while if we were in the exact same position, we'd probably do some of the same dumb shit or even dumber shit all the while believing we're making genius and well planned out moves.

And as far as zombie movies go, in the actual zombie movies, especially the early ones that set the standard for all others, everything plays out like there are no such things as zombie movies in their little realities as well.

16. The Dark King

yes and no
    Like Carl messing with the zombie that killed Dale in season 2 I totally get typical dumb shit.
    Going off by yourself without telling anyone when you know there are wild predators literally everywhere trying to eat you is epic dumb shit

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You still talking about Carl with this one? Simple. He's a kid. How many dumb things did he do before he actually started to act more responsible & mature? Even with that, I'm sure he'll have his occasional lapses in judgement. Just like the adults. That's being human. If they were consistently doing everything with no slip ups or consequences, then everyone would soon start calling bullshit on it and saying it was unrealistic.

18. The Dark King

Talking about Chris, it's those kids refuse to see the world is different. All that let's help people shit when you don't even know where your next meal is coming from or a true safe place to stay is weird.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Remember you have to roll back when viewing Fear The Walking Dead. A lot of people are watching that show through the lens of six seasons of Walking Dead expecting the Fear characters to be on the same level of knowledge/experience as the original series characters.

Keep in mind the events in Fear The Walking Dead are basically taking place during the whole time period that Rick is in a coma in Atlanta. They are still "civilized" and don't know yet the full extent of how fucked up things are.

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Right, they're still of the mindset that this is temporary and eventually things will get better. They just have to ride it out. They really have no idea nothing will ever be the same again.

How long do you guys think it will be before Strand is killed off? You know black men don't fare well in TWD universe.