Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Romantic spy thrillers. I haven't seen any of those since the days when every miniseries was based on a novel by Sydney Sheldon and others. An interracial romantic spy thriller would work if it is played straight.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just got done watching "Ride Along 2". Yeah this was pretty accurate. Just awkward AF.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That review of Ride Along 2 was pretty much dead on. And I have not seen any of those films. But I agree that Kevin Hart is the weakest link in just about every film he has been in. Soul Plane had every one in the cast, even the extras, were funnier than Hart.

The last film like that I had seen was Bad Boys. I remember feeling more for Martin Lawrence's character than Will Smith's character. I cared about Lawrence's character was a family man and a stand-up cop. I honestly didn't care for Lawrence's comedy because it seemed to run in one speed. A Thin Line Between Love And Hate was a commentary on the film Fatal Attraction.

Black films can be and do better.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

A little coming of age IR romance.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=C8HY-6F4Y_I[/YOUTUBE]

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

loved it that kid is a star in the making. Too bad those comments are so disrespectful. A movie with a black male lead about hip hop that is not cliché, brilliant. Craig Robinson seems awesome in this.

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope to see that flick soon.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

What is this supposed to be? For some reason the video won't work for me.

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

:smt115
    Here's the trailer for "Morris from America" from the official YouTube channel of the studio:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Passing Strange:The Movie. Craig Robinson is at his usual loveable best. I 'd like to see this film.

11. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Looks good, wanna see it for sure.

12. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Kate Hudson with the cast and director of the Richard Pryor biopic; shooting is expected to resume soon I imagine. Kate's first interracial movie setting. Probably expect a raunchy kiss? OK, just my hope.

Here's a recent picture of her booty :D

13. darkcurry

lol, who is she playing in the movie?

Jennifer Lee Pryor
    or
    Shelley Pryor

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Jennifer Lee was married to Richard Pryor twice and she was a brunette
    So, Kate will more than likely play Shelly.

15. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

So Kate will play Jennifer. I remember seeing the biopic Richard Pryor: Omit The Logic. Jennifer and another white woman who was his girlfriend were interviewed. Jennifer told of the trip to Africa and the death of his mother. Perhaps the film will focus on only Richard and Jennifer's marriage since they were married twice.

17. darkcurry

Maybe right, since we don't hear any other names being attached to this. But I hope they focus on all the wives, for the fact being I would like to see a full Biopic Movie. Most biopics be focused on one aspect of a person's life. You don't have to go through EVERY story, but the important ones throughout the person's life. I'm sure if they write these 2 hr plus super hero and period piece movies, they can do the same with biopics.

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

So they are not going to focus on Rain Pryor's mom.

19. darkcurry

Part of my reason why I think at least for Richard Pryor it should be a FULL Biopic movie. He had kids before meeting Jennifer Lee Pryor. Whether it be in flashbacks, short scenes, ect. I would hope they are doing a full biopic.

20. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Is actress Margot Kidder being added to the Richard Pryor film?