The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

RZA and Common Collaborate on TV series Black Samurai

Common is set to star in the forthcoming Black Samurai television series executive produced by RZA.

The show is currently being shopped to networks but its sure to find a home with the Oscar-winning rapper and Wu-Tang Clan legend on board.

The project is based on Marc Olden's book series which was later adapted into a 1977 blaxploitation film, featuring the adventures of Robert Sand, who was rescued and trained by a Japanese samurai master.

"There is a long tradition and storied relationship between hip-hop and martial arts. Having RZA and the WuTang brand on board to executive produce will validate the series even more and mobilize the fans," said producer Andre Gaines.

http://tinyurl.com/z2tdn59

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw that movie. I bought the DVD at a dollar store for a dollar and some change. But it was titled The Black Terminator. But in the film he is called Black Samurai by his enemies. Jim Kelly had an Asian female love interest in the film. The funny thing was that the film used Bruce Lee's battle cries as Robert Sand fought his enemies. It was directed by Al Adamson, a filmmaker who was pretty popular with his films like Dracula Versus Frankenstein. His wife was in the Black Samurai as a dancer. Al Adamson was murdered by a man who was living in his home. The murderer buried Adamson's body under a slab of concrete in his home.

I hope that it isn't a cartoon action film because it's time things like this be more serious.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

CW and they can't get Tom Welling for Superman? Epic damn fail smh

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Two different universes

5. SilverSmith

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Orange is the new black now with extra racism:)

[​IMG]

It has been so long since I saw season 3 that I have forgotten about some of the plots.

Plenty of naked women in it though.

No worry about trying to do crazy this Halloween season because plenty of women now

7. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

New Animated Series Transformers: Combiner Wars
    24 June 2016
    Link

Hasbro and Machinima have announced the premiere date for their joint animated series Transformers: Combiner Wars, which will debut on August 2 on Facebook, Youtube, and new social entertainment platform go90.

The studio also premiered images at the Cannes Lion Festival.

Additionally, a four episode Prelude to the Combiner Wars prequel will also premiere on the same platforms.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  8. Westie

Westie Member

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

10. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

probably cgi with a guy wearing a motion suit

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Technology is in film is one thing, but this is Darth Vader. Technology would ruin him as a character.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

David Prowse isn't dead, he's just too old. And finding a man to fit the suit shouldn't be an issue. They can literally find any man over 6'4"

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had heard years ago, Dave Prowse was diagnosed with cancer. I didn't see him anymore after Episodes Iv, V, VI. I remember seeing him in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy where he played a nicely dressed bouncer in the Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe.

Which is why I think Ian White would fit the bill. He played the Predator in Predator Versus Alien and Predator Versus Alien: Requiem. He would make a very imposing Darth Vader.

14. SilverSmith

[youtube]/3MBXBMkcUNo[/youtube]

Paramount Pictures has dropped the third trailer for Star Trek Beyond, this time featuring Rihanna and her tune “Sledgehammer” which will appear on the film’s soundtrack.

15. SilverSmith

[youtube]/rqmHSR0bFU8[/youtube]

Kate Mara stars in a new trailer for the sci-fi thriller Morgan .

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I need a new graphics card. My 560 can't handle batman arkham knight.

It will be a while before I can play that game.

I also played minecraft story mode. worst telltale game that I have played yet.
    Steam sale is on and I am enjoying it. I am thinking of getting elder scrolls online...

Anyone have it and enjoy it?

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

If you like MMO games and you liked Skyrim it's pretty good. I however, no longer have the attention span to play MMOs.

18. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

The game is terrible on the PC. No matter how powerful or well-optimized your PC is, you're better off getting the console version of Arkham Knight.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]FT6yhhfiUh8[/YOUTUBE]

20. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Running Batman Arkham Knight on my R9 390x smooth as butter. :D