Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You know..you're meaner than me

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Still a better alternative than Trump. That's the most important facter, here.

Question; do you go to forums that are predominantly con-servative and post topics against Trump or, in any way, try to get the Trump voters there to reconsider voting for him? Do you expend as much effort trying to get Trump supporters to realize the "truth" about him, Mrs Independent?

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's Ms Independent to you.

Nope. Because pro-Trump forums likely have Demoncrats there. It's called balance
    It's called being told the truth of both sides...

Like..pay-to-play for the State Department..

See the emails? A preveliged dad's previlege son had a record and wanted a job.
    Hellary - for a fee...had it all taken care of.

Or..ARMS DEALS..

In all, governments and corporations involved in the arms deals approved by Clinton’s State Department have delivered between $54 million and $141 million to the Clinton Foundation as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars in payments to the Clinton family, according to foundation and State Department records.

Under federal law, foreign governments seeking State Department clearance to buy American-made arms are barred from making campaign contributions -- a prohibition aimed at preventing foreign interests from using cash to influence national security policy. But nothing prevents them from contributing to a philanthropic foundation controlled by policymakers.

http://www.ibtimes.com/clinton-foun...als-hillary-clintons-state-department-1934187

These are enourmous numbers...read the article. No way IN HELL can this prostitute candidate run our country. She's a disgrace for a dollar.

There are talks now that neither Hellary or Trumpf will get the delegate votes and it will go to Congress and then to States to choose from the next top 3. Let us pray.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  6. samson1701

Lets just say, for the sake of argument, everything you post about her is true. She's still a better choice than Trump. ...lol

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

She's no better than Trump and she has 30 years on him. So actually, she's worse....lol

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Even paniro doesn't agree with this.
    Also, it is the opposite. If you start from 1973 when the Justice department sued him for discriminating against black people. It is 43 years against her say 30. He is worse. He has been racist at least since 1973.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Paniro is his own person.

In the 70's discrimination was rampant and disgraceful and it still is. Trump "claims" it was welfare recipients they didn't want, black or white, and were referred to alternate apartments. They did settle with the Govt to include everyone after a 2 year long case. I assume he's kept to the decree.

Hillary is not a racial angel. What about her love for Senator Byrd?
    “Senator Byrd was a man of surpassing eloquence and nobility.” ..“It is almost impossible to imagine the United States Senate without Robert Byrd. He was not only its longest serving member. He was its heart, its soul, and it’s historian.”

Or getting a rapist of a 13yr-old-girl pretty much off?

You want to talk housing and Blacks?
    How many did the Clintons house..in jail?

More on why Hillary doesn't give two fucks about BP except their vote..

Excerpts:
    "A true paradox lies at the heart of the Clinton legacy. Both Hillary and Bill continue to enjoy enormous popularity among African Americans despite the devastating legacy of a presidency that resulted in the impoverishment and incarceration of hundreds of thousands of poor and working-class black people.

Most shockingly, the total numbers of state and federal inmates grew more rapidly under Bill Clinton than under any other president, including the notorious Republican drug warriors Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush.

This fact alone should at least make one pause before granting unquestioning fealty to Hillary, but of course there are many others, including her entry into electoral politics through the 1964 Goldwater campaign, resolute support for the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, race-baiting tactics in the 2008 election, and close ties to lobbyists for the private prison industry....
    ....few (have) publicly called out the Clintons’ shared culpability for our contemporary prison nation that subjects a third of African American men to a form of correctional control in their lifetime.

The United States’s historically unprecedented carceral edifice of policing and prisons has been long in the making.

However, in the 1990s the Clintons and their allies, as the quintessential “New Democrats,” played a crucial role in its expansion. Like their Republican predecessors, punishing America’s most vulnerable populations became an important means to repudiate the democratic upheaval of the postwar years that toppled statutory Jim Crow laws and challenged some of the most enduring social inequities of the U.S.

Although they are rarely mentioned in the same breath, the escalation of America’s drug war in the 1990s and the rise of the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) and its benighted son Bill Clinton are all intimately linked...

By 1982 the DNC recognized seven different intraparty caucuses modeled on specific demographics, including “women, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, gays, liberals and business/professionals.” The DLC founders wanted to abandon this pluralistic party base, elevate the power of national elected officials, and pursue stronger ties with wealthy corporate donors.
    :smt063 (Clintons core beliefs)

...In the three decades that followed the passage of the Voting Rights Act, the drug war and its companion legislation of welfare reform criminalized poor and working-class populations of color in huge numbers, subjecting many not only to the “carceral consequences” of voter disfranchisement but also to permanent exclusion from the legal economy.

..The rush to incarcerate was fueled by much less generous motives than the ones Clinton presents. With the Clintons at the helm of the “New Democrats,” their strident anti-crime policies, like their assault on welfare, reflected a cynical attempt to win back centrist white voters, especially those from Dixie and the South Central United States.

...At the core of this anger about the shift in the Democratic Party was not just “race” as an abstraction, which too often functioned as a polite euphemism, but rather black people themselves. Another DNC commissioned study by Stanley Greenberg, who subsequently became a pollster for Clinton in 1992, cited data from Macomb County, a suburb of Detroit, to make this point even more explicitly. “These white Democratic defectors express a profound distaste for blacks, a sentiment that pervades almost everything they think about government and politics,” explained Greenberg. “Blacks constitute the explanation for their [white defectors] vulnerability and or almost everything that has gone wrong in their lives, not being black is what constitutes being middle class, not being black is what makes a neighborhood a decent place to live.”

...Bolstered with polling data and the crisis of the Reagan landslide, the New Democrats searched for ways to aggressively distance themselves from “blacks” and to entice resentful white swing voters back into the fold.

To do this, the New Democrats appropriated hot button issues from the Republican Party, later deemed “dog whistle politics,” that invoked the specter of blackness without directly naming it. While the turn from welfare to work and personal responsibility is often discussed in this respect, equally important is the extensive role played by Bill Clinton and his allies in vastly expanding carceral policies, including the War on Drugs, the federal death penalty, and national funding for policing and prisons in the years after the Reagan and Bush presidencies...

LINK

10. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Please stop including me in posts to someone else.

I'll only say this lets say that the 1973 issue was racism. What would it take for you to believe he has changed his ways. I mean Robert Byrd had kkk ties the democrat party and its followers forgave him. So does trump need to be come a democrat to kick the "racist"

Robert Byrd was freely forgiven so surely trump should be.

[​IMG]

Robert Byrd planted his racist lips on her and now she has the racist cootie as well.

Can you imagine if this was a republican. Holy shit the firestorm. Hell if this was even a republicans cousins wife's uncles baby sibling twice removed it would be plastered all over far and wide

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  11. archangel

Just wanted to point out who has been at it longer.
    Never said Clintons were clean just pointed out that they have been doing it for a shorter time.
    so if you are grading on who is better to pick by who has been f ing people over the longest, Clinton would be the better pick.

12. archangel

Just telling the truth as it is.

I haven't even gotten over George Washington with slavery. You think Byrd is getting a fly by?

You have come to the wrong man if you are expecting forgiveness for racism.
    let me know when they fixed all the people they screwed over then get back to me.

Ironically, Trump was a democrat at one point and yet I still feel the same as I do about him as I do with Byrd and David duke who is running this year.

Doesn't help that he had the Mexican comment and that was 2016.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

She's been at the game of politics and fkng people over since the late 60's.

14. archangel

I'd like some evidence. of the 1960's fking over.

Yea, she was volunteering her time in politics in her 20's .... so was I :)
    If you care about the country, you kind of do that.:p

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Ah politics.... one side yelling 2 + 2 = 5 and the other side yelling 2 + 2 = 3, and very few caring about the real answers, just catering to their bases and whatever they feel will get them re-elected. Anything to keep the masses distracted, meanwhile the Fed is dragging their feet on another rate hike.

16. samson1701

What do you the Fed will do? Or maybe won't do. ...lol

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Last December Janet Yellen went on record saying she would like to raise rates(the central bank rate is currently at <.50%) another .25 to .5% in 2016. So far there have been no increases in 2016. That should concern EVERYONE as before last December we were at <.25% for about 8 YEARS and that was a HISTORIC low, meant to stimulate spending. We got a .25 bump in December based largely on the improvement of the unemployment rate, and low consumer prices.

The problem with keeping rates as low as they are now for so long is the risk of inflation, or even worse stagflation. If you have a spare 30 mins watch the video below, the best, most concise, easy to understand, and insightful presentation of what the economy really is and how to use the knowledge to your benefit that I have come across.

The main reason we have have not had a bump in the OFFR (overnight federal funds rate, otherwise known as the central banking rate) is because inflation is not rising, which means that people in general are not trusting the economy and holding on to their cash, when people do that, the economy cant grow, companies will eventually lay people off, and sooner or later another recession or worse will hit us hard in the face, and it will be 2007-2008, or god forbid 1929 all over again.

Bottom line, the higher the central banking rates, the better off the economy, ours are still WAY TOO LOW.

[YOUTUBE]PHe0bXAIuk0[/YOUTUBE]

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL.

You know you're basically criticizing the Clintons for acting like conservatives.:smt022

19. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I keep hearing about a "December surprise" for releasing more dirt on Hillary - like enough dirt they will be forced to indict her. Of course a December surprise only works if she wins.

But, what happens in that scenario? Her VP isn't a VP yet, so he couldn't take over - which means Obama would get longer in office until a replacement is elected or something?

Strange things are afoot in this election, for sure.

20. archangel

Dare I dream for a third obama term...... It is illegal though.:smt011

I will make a prediction that none of that will happen. Either Trump or Clinton will be president.

Honestly imagination.