NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I'm still in the military.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh l know you are. Recently promoted too.

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Poor Gfunk. Have you forgotten the rules?

You know good and got damn well that "we" never, ever know as much as "they" do. "Their" understanding and ways of seeing any situation is always vastly superior to ours.

Never forget your place and always be thankful for "their" mal .. I mean benevolence.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's pretty simple, they have an unbiased fondness for Trump mainly because they believe he is #AllLivesMatter and #BlueLivesMatter, they see Kaep is #BlackLivesMatter and against police brutality so that automatically dismiss anything he says or is for.

It's like when Jerry Rice came out and said All Lives Matter last night
    [​IMG]

People got on him for that, but he also had people defending him mainly because he said "All lives matter". Neither side saw that he also said:

"I respect your stance"

We all know Colin's stance. The same stance that these people are against and dumped on Colin for(Other than the protest of the flag.). They missed that because they're eyes lit up over seeing all lives matter, but wait if Jerry Rice comes out and speaks out against police brutality against people of color... their mood will change.

It's partiality, bias.

6. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with Colin speaking out...he should!
    But don't cut your nose to spite your face.

How much more United and powerful if he said "See this flag? It defends my exceptional Right to say what l'm about to say to you all...Can we have a conversation..?"

Instead he says he has no pride in it, won't stand again until all are equal and pointed fingers at everyone else.
    Nice job there.

There is a widening schism that is cracking too far. Why add to it so antagonisticly.
    Trust me, there is no greater racial unity and brotherly love than at sports events in the U.S.(barring the unity the military creates) and it's probably the last bastion left. People would have been way more open to his message if he found another way to express it.

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I'm going to remind people again about Gabby Douglas. She basically had nothing to say bad about the USA. She just either forgot or w/e to place her hand over her heart.

Critiques up the wazoo on that. People are trying to say if you had said it this way or stood without the hand. Gabby did that by accident and people showed hate towards her.

She worked her butt off to get there and the USA showed how ugly it could be towards her for just forgetting. You think that same crowd is going to be nice to colin.....

If you have a crowd critiquing a 20 year old on how unpatriotic she is for not smiling enough. How the heck do you plan to sugar code what Colin is going to say?

He is going to get that hate. Don't worry though. He will fade to the background when the NFL season game starts. If they let Micheal Vick, they'll let anyone in.

On a side note, we have been having these conversations almost as long as the nation has existed. Nothing has been done. Time for action not words. We need legislation to put anyone cop or no cop in prison for at least 50 years for pulling a gun on someone. You shouldn't be moving things and have a person pull a gun on you.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  9. samson1701

Sooooo, basically it's up to the people being mistreated to be nicer to the people mistreating them?

Got it.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Where did l say even that? Smh. What a generic, bs comment.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That literally and uterally on people like yourself who choose to make a situation like this divisive.
    You scream respect but let's be real this more about wanting black people to know their place. When other Americans ie Ryan Loche embarrass the shit shut out of this country NO ONE questions his patriotism and tells him to leave. He doesn't stand for a racist ads pledge (listen to the whole thing please) and suddenly he's unAmerican.
    It's like being black comes with the disclaimer that if you dare show anything but reverence and worship you are some how ungrateful. Every damn thing we've gotten we've earned every damn thing. No one gives us shit so if that black man doesn't want to stand then it's his God damn right and not because of flag but because of the centuries of blood sweat and tears his ancestors put into this country to make it great to make it something worth defending.
    It's getting increasingly annoying having to constantly debate and justify our fucking humanity. The double standards are so blatant and clear. Why bother engaging.
    It's never to help it's to dictate. "Instead of worrying about police brutality worry about Chicago "
    Funny how every single "concerned" citizen who brings that up or all lives matter never do a damn thing to help people in Chicago or any lives for that matter.

12. The Dark King

Also remember the Olympic weight lifting team didn't put their hands in their hearts. Didn't hear a peep. I wonder why.

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"There I was, the black grandson of a slave, the son of a black sharecropper, part of a historic occasion, a symbolic hero to my people. The air was sparkling. The sunlight was warm. The band struck up the national anthem. The flag billowed in the wind. It should have been a glorious moment for me as the stirring words of the national anthem poured from the stands. Perhaps, it was, but then again, perhaps, the anthem could be called the theme song for a drama called The Noble Experiment. Today, as I look back on that opening game of my first world series, I must tell you that it was Mr. Rickey's drama and that I was only a principal actor. As I write this twenty years later, I cannot stand and sing the anthem. I cannot salute the flag; I know that I am a black man in a white world. In 1972, in 1947, at my birth in 1919, I know that I never had it made."

14. darkcurry

They don't see black americans problems as their problem and to me that is unpatriotic, we are their fellow americans. When police officers break the law and use deadly force in an unlawful way they shouldn't get a pass. It is sickening to hear people justify officers using deadly force saying "don't run, don't resist arrest, do as your told." It's all unpatriotic. Like Michael Jackson said "They don't really care about us".
    [YOUTUBE]QNJL6nfu__Q[/YOUTUBE]

15. samson1701

In other words ...
    [​IMG]

16. darkcurry

17. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I'm just going to go ahead and leave this here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. The Dark King

Bliss where you at boo?

19. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

If these are real, awesome.

20. The Dark King

Guarantee those who "support the troops" won't recognize them because they're black. They're letting us know what time it is stop acting surprised.