NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Haha.smartass Beasty.
    You are the only one who has made me laugh in this thread! :p

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

This forum has black men of all types here. From poor to upper middle class and maybe even rich. Christians and Atheists. Some with degrees and some without. Civilians and soldiers, too. The bkack male presence on this sight runs the socio and economic gamut. And, we're all saying the same thing; we support what CK did because we recognize there is a problem that isn't being corrected through normal channels.

Now, Bliss, with that kind of consensus, why can't you, at the very least, entertain the idea that our collective experience is valid and we have a legitimate demand that things change by almost any means necessary? Most of us were born here with roots that date back since the slave trade. What gives you, a white, female foreigner, the authority to negate our agency in this matter and insist that we don't know what we're talking about?

Either you're trolling us or you don't value our intelect, experience or judgment. Which is it? Because, I really don't see how a woman who claims to like black men can be so dismissive of our thoughts and overall cultural agency. Or, does your attraction to black men end at the physical? In other words, you like how we look, but not how we think? If that's the case, then be honest with yourself and everyone here. That way, we all know what we're dealing with, can agree to disagree and move on.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well l believe your problem lies in the fact that you think I'm negating your opinion when I'm absolutely not. If you bothered to read, I completely understand and support where Colin is coming from and his right to protest injustices, I just don't like the method he used - disrespecting the flag. It's got nothing to do with keeping him quiet, it's the fact that l and many others wonder how do you protest the flag that allows you to protest? That's my point and that's always been my point.
    And l'm entitled to it.
    So do you not see that it is in fact you attempting to negate my opinion?

As a foreigner, It is my very position as one that afforded me the privelidge to appreciate this country's Constitution. I came here somewhat green, but lived a grinding life enough to know and see how this country plays out. So attempting to dismiss me as some "uninformed foreigner" is patronizing to say the least. I feel that anyone who disagrees with you guys in here over the flag and CK's handling of it, is deemed a racist. Why? For respecting the flag? Oh well. You don't have to and l want to. So stalemate it is.

Can you please knock it off with the "sexual/physical" inference. When I see you defer to that easy line of thinking, then I know that you're not intellectualizing my presence here at all. I live in the News section, I correspond and interact with some really Incredible minds and I am constantly telling them that. I'm not in the men's locker I mean the women's locker room constantly posting naked pics of black men's dicks and assholes. I'm not doing that, so really and I mean this in a nice way and I'm very calm about it, miss me with that.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I'm on the same page as you when it comes to that. Not just about race issues, but controversial topics in general.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I think the immigration issue is an interesting one. I have read a few articles on being white and migrating to a country that privileges white people (many do), and all of the opportunities available for them vs. being a person of color and migrating to a country that privileges white people and the lack of opportunities available. Interesting stuff.

How is the new unit, btw?

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well if you are a person of color migrating to Australia and many like it, my God the privileges are ri-dick-u-lous! Ask a Black man..he'll tell you. :cool:

7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

The US favors people from foreign countries regardless of skin color.

Immigrants are much more likely to get small business loans, etc than American citizens.

8. meowkittenmeow

That's generally how white supremacy works, Samson. The goal is to ignore the opinions of those suffering their whole lives. That is normally when white people tell a story about how easy things are if they work hard while simultaneously ignoring the institutionalized privilege they wield. I think the biggest lie that white supremacy ever told, was that white supremacists all have southern accents and wear sheets or are all skinheads.

The reality is that they are those who constantly tone-police black people when we protest, constantly derail our issues, constantly disapprove while never experiencing life as a black person in America. It amazes me how many white supremacists critique the method of protest that black people use. It's always been this way, and that is the reality. They were against MLK, against Ali, against Jackie and everyone else.

White supremacy isn't just burning crosses and blowing up churches. White supremacy is trying to silence black people by disagreeing with their method to equality, while ignoring the fact that what black people face is something you know you will never have to face. This is why we get upset with Fox News, and people of that sort. The reality is, it isn't a white person's place to tell black people what they can and cannot do to protest and gain equality. Doing so is the most common form of white supremacy. One that has always existed and never seems to go away.

This is assuming that said protest doesn't involve people killing someone.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I doubt this. There is a reason why black men are not flocking there by the bus load. Having a favorable advantage in the dating pool is a sorry reason to relocate. The jealousy of the other people there men and women alike will bite you in the ass, that I can almost promise by simply understanding human nature and supply/demand dynamics. I dare someone here to move there with that grass is greener mentality.

10. meowkittenmeow

Are you implying that immigrants who are white don't have the additional luxury of institutionalized white privilege?

11. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

This is especially true in Asia, where whiteness is damn near worshiped. I imagine the privilege is to varying degrees like it will be a little less "rewarding" in Latin America even though whiteness is held of high value out there as well.

I'm still trying to get in contact with my sponsor. This new Army Career Tracker shit you have to go through is retarded. I don't have a CAC reader so I have to go to the Air Force Base almost an hour away just so I can send up a trouble ticket on the site to have the unfuck whatever is going on. I have no idea who my sponsor is, how to get in contact with my unit via phone or email and don't know what our drill schedule is. But you know.....classic army bullshit. I can't access my ako email either because of credential issues and other shit. :smt071 I'm about to call my MSG from my previous unit to see if he can help me out.

12. meowkittenmeow

That actually reminds me of the Lena Dunham thread.

13. meowkittenmeow

Having spent over 4 years in Asian countries, I know that to be very true.

I think calling your CSM from your previous unit is your best bet. At the very least he/she can get you a phone number to call. It's getting very close to the end of the business day (at least on the east coast), so final formation is either done or on its way. You probably have 40 minutes to make the call if you want to do it today.

14. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lot of people who were stationed in Korea have told me being white out there is golden. Of course, I heard there are the "urban" attracted girls who frequent the urban bars who are into black dudes, but that just a niche and not a reflection of the country in general. When I was is Thailand, I didn't see one dark face on any kind of advertisement.

Our CSM just left a month ago so our MSG is our acting CSM. Plus, he's been kind of a mentor to me and checks on me every once in a while.

15. meowkittenmeow

Yeah, it's like that throughout.

I am happy that your MSG proved to be a great mentor. It's always nice to find a good NCO.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well Australia is called The Lucky Country. Plus Americans are extremely popular. An American would be very welcomed into the workforce. If you did not have a job there you pretty much could find a woman who would take care of you, as long as you didn't fuck around on her.
    But human nature as it is, you'd screw it up and she'd catch you in bed with her friend.
    And l'm not really joking.

The reason men are not flocking there (but many want to.. I remember there was on average five AWOL's a mnth) is because it's very far away and they have extremely strict immigration laws.

Aussie men are generally not posessive or jealous. They are not like American men who want you to be their girl...Aussie men rather enjoy the pub with their mates. So they'd barely notice or care if you were wifing up Aussie women. They'd probably try to steal you to come join the boys at the pub.
    Naturally exceptions exist.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yep. That's why you see so many different nationalities running businesses in this country. Granted some of them are funded by their Countrymen business cohorts...however, there's also this...

18. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I had to write that post quickly because I didn't have much free time at work.

I was talking to a mother of one of my girl scouts a couple of years ago and they're from India and she was explaining to me that many get their loans from other Indians. They act as each others' banks.

Most small businesses around me are owned by them.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Same here. I lived in a mostly black neighborhood until a few months ago and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone but an immigrant running them.
    I think America started noticing the disparity when their local 7-Elevens and Dunkin Donuts changed ownership very swiftly. Even local motels are very popular. They look out for each other and know the programs designed to help them. Can't fault them. They work hard. I'll admit l'm at the point of surprise if an American accent takes my DD coffee order, lol.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Watching ABC News and they're running a story right now on Vets committing suicide. Twenty a day. Horrible.