The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

z nation 3

[​IMG]

zombie fest is back folks!!!:p

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Why do I love this shitty show so much lol

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I find this humorous.

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

My guilty pleasure. lol

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

In Just One Week From Friday.....

[YOUTUBE]UpYOBK_wem8[/YOUTUBE]

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]iONsYGTu_UA[/YOUTUBE]

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

What? I go away for a few days and come back to this?

Uhm ... okay, should be fun.

Whoa, Tony Stark
    why the mic drop?
    Did ya arc reactor blow
    and make your heart stop?

You build better toys?
    Well, yeah
    'cause you need 'em.
    Cap kicked your ass.
    But, guess what?
    I beat him.

I knocked the wind out the Hulk.
    No armor needed.
    But,
    you and your Hulk Buster tech
    Hulk busted and defeated.

Your judgement
    suspect
    your team don't respect you
    you caused Civil War
    and oh yeah,
    Pepper left you.

Take away my tech
    and I'm still bout that mission
    My training's the weapon
    I'm the ammunition
    Straight ninja master
    and master tactician.

So listen

We know you can't see me.
    Just take the "L"
    and go sip your whisky.

Critically I'm thinking
    we gon' have to call it
    Iron Man without his armor?
    A recovering alcoholic.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Wait you beat the greatest soldier on earth? Greater than any Navy Seal? You also beat the Hulk???? Wait.....

[​IMG]

Ok so now you want to rumble with the greatest tech genius and weapon designer that ever graced the universe????? Now I'm amused, this calls for a drank. Rachel you wanna dance? lol. I'm bout to dust this scrub. Brace yourself Batguy.

[​IMG]

11. samson1701

Look it up, bruh.

[​IMG]

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Seriously? That is some horrible writing with the Hulk vs Batman fight. Just in case anyone did not read that episode. Batman ignites a smoke Bomb and Hulk just stands there and hold his breath. :smt095 Thats right. The hulk can easily hop over mountains, but he just stands there until Batman kicks him in the stomach thus making him breathe the smoke. WTF. And why did Batman not pass out from breathing the smoke? He didn't have a mask for that gas, he just held a rag over his mouth. LOL.

I love the whole superhero thing but I have not read the comic books since I was a kid. Just been sticking to the movies and cartoons. Talking with you guys has sparked some interest in the books again, but I hope the writing isn't typically that poor.

13. samson1701

To be fair, that whole sequence happened in seconds (supposedly...) and wasn't as slow as it came across in the comics. But, yeah, it wasn't great writing. Just a cash grab. I remember reading it as a kid when it came out thinking how cool it was. But I think that was the 70's and Marvel and DC would do one off books like that. I remember when Ali fought Superman. ...lol Dumbest shit ever. But, as kids, we ate it up. Mohammed Ali going toe to toe with Superman? Mayne, ... take my allowance, please. ...lol

But, comics have come a long, long way since then. The mythology of these characters is deep and varied. None of the movies really do them justice. They water down the heroes quite a bit. In the comics Batman designs and builds all of his own gear. But, they don't show that in the films. Marvel has done the best so far with their heroes. I have to give them that. But in the actual comics, the writing is serious, epic, fantasy story telling.

I've heard some great things about the latest run of Black Panther, so I'll be picking that up. And, of course, I'm looking forward to getting myself reacquainted with some of the Batman monthly books. If you can find the first Milstone comics, pick them up. Especially Icon, Static, Hardware (kind of a black Iron Man) and Blood Syndicate. They're all out of print, but they hold up to this day story telling wise. Plus, you can get them relatively cheap.

But, yeah, don't just go by the movies. You're missing a lot. The characters are much more rich and interesting in the books.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This. A lot of old comic stories don't hold up. You either got a decent story with shitty art or a shit story with great art more times than not. The X-Men comics blew up primarily because they had the combo of both great writing and great art during the Chris Claremont/ John Byrne run on the book from the late 70's thru early 80's.

15. archangel

[​IMG]

red dwarf is also back but if you haven't seen it from season 1 then you may not like it.

16. archangel

I tried giving agents of shield a shot this season just for ghostrider but was a little bit disappointed. I'll keep watching but really hope they turn up the heat.

17. samson1701

That Iron Man Demon In The Bottle story arc was nice, too. Miller's Daredevil run was the shit. Lots of great cooks came out in the 80's and esrly 90's.

I think that was the ers when comics truly grew up.

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This was really cool. Thanks for the share.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yep. A lot of good stuff came out during that era for both Marvel and DC. You had Byrne leaving the X-Men and putting the Fantastic Four back as a top seller for a good stint before going to DC and totally rebooting Superman. Walt Simonson did that killer run on Thor. I never did like Thor outside of the Avengers until he came on.

Then of course Miller left Marvel and did The Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One. Wolfman & Perez did the New Teen Titans series, where we first got introduced to Deathstroke the Terminator, Terra, Dick Grayson becoming Nightwing and of course Cyborg. Perez would leave the Titans series to go on and reboot Wonder Woman giving us the Amazon Warrior version we currently have compared to what came before.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I just finished peeping that omg :smt043:smt043:smt043:smt043:smt043