Ratings, Reputation, and Jail

Discussion in 'General Site Information - Guidelines' started by webmaster, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

I read that already. Okay... I'll take that, I suppose.

2. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

Every year of membership adds 1 point of Rep Power. That's the only setting I'll make public with regards to figuring reputation power. This is to prevent members from intentionally (or subconsciously) gaming the system.

For example, seeing a lot of one or two word posts from someone who is nearing the threshold on post count.

3. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

Okay, that's cool, I'm sorry, I didn't even think about someone being able to game the system. Do what you must! :smt023

That would be annoying. Even though I do it sometimes :oops: But it's just because those two words, and that smiley face are just crying out to me, begging and pleading, to post them or I will suffer the stifling of self-expression. :smt105 :smt087

4. BlackMasterJay

BlackMasterJay Well-Known Member

wow, I seem to be making friends in here...haha

This is my rep so far.

POST...............................................Comment

[​IMG]N/A 12-06-2008.......................05:46 PMStupid post, stupid poster.

[​IMG]"White women prefer the... ..............12-05-2008 07:30 PMstop harassing the women

[​IMG]N/A 12-05-2008 ......................06:53 PM.

[​IMG]N/A 12-05-2008 ..................02:51 PM hate this motherfucker

[​IMG]N/A 12-05-2008 ..................:02:28 PM I hope he rots in hell

[​IMG]N/A 12-05-2008....................01:34PM I hate him

people take shit way too seriously it seems....and thats funny to me still..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  5. Ronja

Ronja New Member

How do you see the rep?

I don't always agree with you, but I'm sorry you're getting hate messages...:smt056

6. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

Click USER CP at the top of the screen, it tells you who's left you things.

7. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Go into your user CP at your top left and if you have any it will be under the bit that says subscribed threads, but when there is none it just blank and does not say zero, it only calculates when u have points :D

8. BlackMasterJay

BlackMasterJay Well-Known Member

come on,,,

And dont worry too much about the hate msg's. Its rather silly to me really......people seem to hate me for keeping it real like i give a fuck about what they think. If you wanna hate on a brother, then fucking hate and see if i give two pieces of hot ass...haha

anyways....later

9. Ronja

Ronja New Member

TY

I don't see it though. Under subscribed threads it just says: list subscriptions and edit folders. Nothing about rep.

Oh well. No biggie...
    :)

10. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

You can sometimes be funny, sure you upset people but how boring would it be if we held hands and got along all the time ? im not sure this points thing is a good idea!
    People posting i hate you and rott in hell is not helping, theres other people im less keen on than BMJ but i dont tap there rep power wit stuff like that :smt017

11. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Well that was the same the other day for me ( i thought i was so unpopular lol) then i looked yesterday and i had 3 lines of rep, no lie it was like Christmas lol :D
    Ps havent seen you about as much as you were b4 ?
    Busy with your boy i suppose

12. Ronja

Ronja New Member

:smt045

I fully agree.

And if one choose to give negative point, at least have the curtisy to give constructive critisism.

I'm a moderator on another forum (totally unrelated topic) and we gave up having points, as it ended up being used for childish quarrels and downright bullying of some members. (That being said: I'm technologically challenged. I only make sure people are nice to eachother, that's why I can't immideatly find my rep. in my CP here :mrgreen:)

13. Ronja

Ronja New Member

I had a 5 days vacation in the mountains skiing. :D
    No internet there.

Didn't come back untill wednesday.

Also, I think there has been a lot of uninteresting threads here lately. I don't respond to those. LOL

14. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

I think I gave you one :smt111.
    Whoops, it's meant to be annonymous.
    :rolleyes:

15. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I think i gave you one aswell, Merry Christmas ho ho ho !:smt114

16. Moskvichka

Moskvichka New Member

Not true BMJ, somebody left you good rep too!

17. Persephone

Persephone New Member

I'm really getting annoyed at the reputation thing. All too often I'm seeing mine drop for stupid shit. I thought it was supposed to be used to help weed out the trouble makers, not just because you don't like someone?

http://whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165270&postcount=628

I see nothing wrong with this post whatsoever. But apparently it offended someone.

18. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

That will happen, but a member can only tag you again after they've given reputation to 21 other members. Limited to giving 3 reps per day it would take them a week before they could do that again.

I occasionally audit the reputation log and if someone is using it as a weapons system then I'd typically dock them the same neg rep they gave out, and add it back to the member they attacked. Trends do show up.

19. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

Thank you, that sounds very fair.

20. Persephone

Persephone New Member

ahaha, way to stick it to em!

I didn't know if you had anyway of tracking that kind of stuff. I'm sure you definitely see some patterns in there.