North Korea may just actually be about to start World War III!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NCBradin, Nov 27, 2010.

1. NCBradin

NCBradin New Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11818005

I know it's a late news, but I fear the worst...North Korea's threatening to World Peace right now. I don't want another world war, but North Korea is asking for it, damn it!

North Korea will never be democracy country, not far from it. As long as that idiot ruler still in the charge of running that country, transferring to power to his 26-years old son. Trying so hard to remain alive in the power.

Right now, the best chance to stop it from going further, is to getting North Korea's only ally, China, to telling them to knock it off. They're both communist countries, after all.

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

world war 3?

You can't start world war 3 with out germany starting it. They are always the opposing side. This is more like the Korean war 2.

3. z

z Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]uEl2mC6DcOU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Fuck Pyongyang and her 27 yo fat hier.

4. satyr

satyr New Member

China and the west, the U.S. in particular, are too economically bound to each other to enter warfare. China taking up militarily for North Korea nets them a huge loss should the level of hostility increase between the U.S. and NK.

5. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

The world is overdue for a "good war". Have to be clinical like the computer (a creation of the second world war), a good war will change the world social order (made the U.S. a world power, maybe someone else will rise to the occasion), it will bring about new technologies (maybe a new superweapon), it will rid the world of excess humans (need to kill off the unfit for the sake of the enviornment), it will bring about advances in medicine (perhap cures for AIDS, Cancer will be realized), etc..... The world is due for a "good war". Oh hell, I might have to fight in it.

6. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Satyr, you are right on the mark. Also China cannot afford a huge influx of refugees from North Korea into their country if the shit hits the fan (forgive my ghettoness). China does have a lot to lose if the actions of North Korea leads to Japan becoming more militarily aggressive if a conflict breaks out. The thing about wars is that they can be unpredictable in terms of it's direction and actions.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

time to enlist in the air force, or the coast guard
    (before you get drafted into the Army/Marines)

:p

this is interesting to watch tho. I can't remember the last time the North displayed such open aggression towards the South, within such a short period of time. Even more interesting, is that the South actually wanted the US to scale down their forces last year. Now that the big commie bear is waking, the South is happy to see a Carrier Battle Group in its waters.

:smt011

If we were spiteful, we could just leave and reassign troops elsewhere. Let the Koreans duke it out.

But like I said, this will be interesting. China's involvement in the first war made things more difficult than they needed to be, but if they're not around during the 2nd, might be a cakewalk. Especially since N.Korea doesnt have the technology and warfighting experience, that we have fresh out of Iraq/Afghanistan.

8. archangel

This is because they got a young gun coming into power in the north.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

it's one thing to fire across your border into a deserted area, but it's a whole other thing to sink a warship, kill civilians, fire on populated islands and so forth.

maybe this is there way of drawing some attention and gaining some political posture, but damn is it a dangerous way.

now you start to question the value of a Korean life. I know if an opposing country sank an Aegis destroyer and shelled Pearl Harbor all within the same year (plus ignored all diplomatic efforts), 82nd would have been dropping the next day.

10. archangel

If we were in the same position and we had the same history, we probably wouldn't go to war either. The Korean war wasn't too long ago and everyone remembers it. It was a game changing event. No longer does the united states' presidents go we won every war and we can win this one. They now go I don't want another Korean or nam event. The South Koreans especially don't want it to go down because they have built a flourishing economy and would have the most to lose. It all adds up to nothing to gain but dead bodies.:smt102

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

only reason Korea was a tie, was because the Chinese got involved. These guys sent in almost 5 times the number of troops N Korea had to fight with (pitiful). Vietnam was ugly because we didn't possess adequate sub-surface technology (or mass laser-guided munitions), that we employ in Afghanistan, to root out dug-in forces inside mountains and caves. Nam-era MK82s/mk20Ds weren't meant for blowing up suspected underground networks (they were effective at decimating top-side NVA formations tho), but a JDAM with a delayed-fuse warhead is (you know, those infamous bunker-busters that penetrate land-mass and detonate a certain amount of depth below).

Our tech has advanced in leaps and bounds, while these old enemies haven't. With that said, I'm pretty confident that we could win a conventional war with any of them....unless we have to worry about 'winning the hearts and minds' again.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I know it sounds bad, but I would love to be the one drawing up proposed battleplans for Korea. The strategy is intriguing and there is so much to work with, as long as nukes aren't involved.

Judge me if you want, but because someone isn't directly participating in a war, doesn't mean their hands are free from the bloodshed.

Anyone who accepts the benefits, in some way, shape, or form, from the deeds of a common soldier, is just as tainted.

:eek:

13. z

z Well-Known Member

Bring on that fat chow suey, I been hungry for blood, will gladly enlist.

14. satyr

satyr New Member

Nigger please.

Nigger please go drink a sugary protein shake then shut the fuck up.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:p

I heard they were still in need for troops in Iraq/Afghanistan

jk..seriously tho, if we started up battles against N Korea, it would be kinda 'just,' as it would be to stem their unprovoked attacks on there southern neighbor and our ally. An attack on one is an attack on all, sorta thing.

16. satyr

satyr New Member

We don't want war, but not just for the catastrophic loss of human life that is guaranteed in every large scale military conflagration.

No, we also don't want to go to war because we are fucking broke. America does not have a hidden cache of one trillion dollars to go piss away in the Korean peninsula.

Regardless of what some ass ignorant motherfucker who's seen more combat on his Blu-Ray player than in real life has to say, we should not go to war. We cannot afford it, financially or morally.

17. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

All i'll say is i'd like to see one communist regime that doesn't feel like the world is out to get them. True communism is a pure fantasy of course, never really existing as it was intended.

I just want to remind all that utter fear of communists is 50% of the cause of the cold war for 50 years and why we continue to fear nuclear fallout every day of our lives. It doesn't help to continue to drive hate towards communist nations. I'm not arguing that N. Korea is in any way a stable nation. It is a hotbed for worldwide concern and will be dealt with accordingly. I just want to remind all that the last thing we want to do is start another coldwar with N. Korea's allies. I don't need to go into how WWI started, do I?

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Bump.

"An attack on Guam is an attack on the United States."

And so it continues...

19. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

....and this is true!!!

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ding ding