Donde estan las hispanoparlantes?

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by orejon4, Mar 23, 2011.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Donde estan las hispanoparlantes? Where are the Spanish-speaking ladies out there?

Me interesa mucho tener una conversacion sobre las diferencias entre las perspectivas hacia relaciones interraciales entre la gente que habla espanol y los que hablan ingles.

Paella? EuropeanWhiteGirl? Hello?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Not sure if I got you right as my Spanish is basically non existent but..

I'm in Australia not Europe but here I think those who speak Spanish or have any other type of background than 'Anglo Saxon' definitely have a greater openness towards interracial relationships.

I'm not sure about the US.

3. orejon4

I think you're right in general. Lot of different theories as to why, but that has definitely been my experience as well.

4. Leksola

Leksola New Member

I think it's that sometimes people who have had more experience of being 'the other' for want of a better expression are more able to open up to various types of people. It depends what they choose to take from that experience, though.

It's also about culture, experience of different people etc.

5. orejon4

You're on to something here...

In my ex-wife's case, it was largely about her past experiences and political consciousness. She would always castigate prejudiced Latinos who bragged about their 'Castilian grandparents' about how the Spaniards aren't "pure whites", anyway, and about the Arab, Berber and Moorish origins of much of the Spanish language, culture and diverse phenotypes, from dark skin and curly hair to redheads.

6. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Can you speak any Ladino?

I only understand some Spanish. I want to learn to speak it fluently....

7. orejon4

English, Spanish and Russian. I can understand a bit of Portuguese and Gallego, but just enough to not get lost going to the store - lol.

8. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

I hear you...lol

9. orejon4

I just found some Ladino online written with Latin script. It was really easy to understand! Thanks for bringing that up. Now if it was written using Hebrew letters...:rolleyes:

10. orejon4

Sigo tratando de reavivir este 'thread' con el proposito de promulgar la conversacion en castellano sobre las relaciones interraciales, sus promotores, fieles seguidores y cualquier otra cosa que se nos pasa por la mente.

11. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Soy de Alemania pero hablo Espanol un poquito :p School Spanish and out of practise for the most part

12. orejon4

Bueno, me parece que aun lo recuerdas...;)

13. empyrium

empyrium New Member

Español es muy fácil, casi el mismo idioma ha ha ha lo hablo sin nunca haber estudiado.

Español = dialecto de Portugués.

14. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

Yo leo y escribo espanol mas. Tambien entiendo los personas de Argentina ma o menos. Pero los personas de Puerto Rico estan my difacil a entender.

15. orejon4

Eu tampoco falo em portugues pero es muito facil. Hahaha..

16. orejon4

Todos hablan algunas variaciones del castellano antiguo. Los argentinos hablan una mezcla de castellano con ciertas influencias del italiano y portugues.

17. EuropeanWhiteGirl

EuropeanWhiteGirl New Member

Hola, orejon

Hacia tiempo que no entraba al foro y he visto el hilo que has creado. Estaré encantada de hablar contigo si aun sigues por aquí...

18. orejon4

Hola Europeanwhitegirl! Gracias por agregarme a tu grupo de 'friends'. Eres espanola, verdad? De que parte de la peninsula?

19. EuropeanWhiteGirl

EuropeanWhiteGirl New Member

Hola

Soy de Madrid. ¿Tu eres de Florida?

20. orejon4

Soy oriundo de Missouri, pero vivo en Florida. De que parte de Madrid?