The Non-Believer/Non-Theist Thread.

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by ThePrince, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Mittens?

Only if I was allowed to do the "your lack of faith is disturbing" scene from star wars.

Whose Kevin Rudd?

2. Stheno

Stheno New Member

I would like to meed a kardashian if i was god and take all her nice shoes :p

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Rudd is an Australian politician. He's no Tony Abbott, but he's basically the antithesis to liberal ideology. Abbott, on the other hand, is like an American TEA-bagger.

And sure, you can deliver that promise to Mitt. "Spare me your undergarments and I'll give you 72% tax decrease."

:p What's so good about her shoes?

4. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

She has them custom made from clubbed baby seals

5. Stheno

Stheno New Member

she have a good style all her shoes are great styles

6. Morning Star

So...can we make a god out of the shoes or Kardashian Shoe Wisdom?

7. Stheno

Stheno New Member

lol :D

8. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Sure

We will write a fictional book and create a god who is both loving and forgiving and wrathful and intolerant at the same time.

Whatever the hell that means.

And when PETA questions our actions we will simply say that murdering baby seals is divine justice for all those awful sins they commit.

9. Morning Star

In which we have to look at the word "sin". Why do people sensationalize their existences to where they would overinflate certain ideas pertaining to ethics? Creating a black and white thinly used line and not look at the greater picture?

10. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

If they did that the realness of their existence would be too much for them to comprehend therefore their brain would die.

I want to liiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeeee

Self preservation represent!

11. ThePrince

ThePrince Active Member

The title says it all. I love this! NDT is the fucking man!:

[youtube]a5dSyT50Cs8[/youtube]

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Couldn't one also make the argument that God ever expanding awareness?
    My only problem with the atheist thought process is not that they critique our current thoughts about God/creator but they make an argument that there is no God at all. It implies that they know all that is. The same arrogance they accuse "believers" they themselves have ten fold in a lot of cases.

13. Morning Star

God is your sugar pill.

That's the whole position of atheism...lacking the belief in a God or gods. Which also implies that we have a position to disprove the existence of such entities and quite frankly, while we're not winning the PR Wars, at least our understanding of things are based largely on evidence-based findings. History could show you that. The more we know about the universe, the less superstitious and mystical it is.

And actually, atheists have a strong case disproving the existence of a God on so many ways, especially putting the idea of a "perfect being" to the test.

Ignorance breeds superstition. The vast majority of the world adhere to some idea of NEEDING to feel something is higher than them, which only gives way to some level of weakness pending on their approach. A fear mechanism that could also be a strong motivator for positive change or negative change.

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

For such critical and rational thinkers explain to me why something you so firmly believe needs to be justified to others. Why must you disprove others for what you believe to be true? You don't need to convince me that I'm breathing oxygen and not sodium because whether I believe it or not it'll still be true. Higher truths don't require champions they simply are.
    And maybe the need to feel something greater than ourselves isn't a need but a recognition of what is. Your only dispute is the relationship we think we have to that greater thing.

15. Morning Star

If we just simply allow people to continue believing in things that are batshit, then our species would never evolve in thinking. Why do you think there are less people who believe in demonic possessions? Why do you think people often debunk myths? They do this to see if it's truly real or not, and thus far, superstition has lost a lot as people continue to evolve attitudes and science and technology continues to grow. In exchange of that, we have neuroscience, psychology, biology, neurology, virology, and other venues. And god is survived by apologists, wars, superstition, and all that jazz.

It's just the result of diminishing superstition. Now granted, the idea of God is the grand pubar of thought (human imagination) and have stood against the test of time because of humans continuous evolution of feeling the need to seek answers, and yet feel the need to have something greater than themselves. It's a continuous struggle people knowingly realize (unconsciously) that they can't reach.

16. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

The searching souls of pointy headed intellectuals need to understand just one thing..........people with-out Christ are helplessly, hopelessly,and hellishly lost........

17. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

hmmmm...i don't have christ in my life and have never thought of myself helplessly, hopelessly and hellishly lost. i have direction, love, thoughtfulness and kindness in my life.

18. Morning Star

Those individuals who often echo those words are really speaking about themselves. Humans will continue to strive for the common good, but sadly individuals like yourself often overlook how much we've evolved and it's thanks to the ideals of secular humanism.

Tell me, why cling to something out of helplessness, hopelessness, and fear? I wager you're the weak and lost one here, bub.

19. Morning Star

Precisely. Seems like they are only talking about themselves when they talk about people who are lost without religion or superstition.

20. Stheno

Stheno New Member

hmm talking about hell maybe we can talk how most of wars started because of religions or should we talk the rape of the little kids that priest have done ..

talking about hellishly lol