Been in the Denver/Boulder/Fort Collins area. Something I noticed about dating here.

Discussion in 'How To Meet White Women and Black Men' started by blackbrah, Jan 3, 2014.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

:smt039 Definitely true out here!

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

where r u

3. blackbrah

blackbrah Well-Known Member

This. Very small town mentality.

The percentage of singles there is extremely low for a large city.

It has a large Hispanic population (60%+) who are strongly Catholic, very traditional, so what you end up with is people marrying early, having a lot of kids at a young age as well.

Everyone here marries early, or gets into a serious relationship here early it seems. For me, being 30 and single with no kids, I look out of place when there are people 24/25 with kids or married already.

Definitely a small town mentality. Also for anyone who shows me the population statistics of the city to try and prove a point that it is diverse or there are a lot of available singles here I just LOL. Compared to any other metropolitan city for a single person San Antonio is social suicide.

Yeah, Denver looks as though it has a similar cost of living to Austin. I kind of have an idea in my mind what sort of pay I would need to live there.

4. blackbrah

Also what I said about Austin is my observation, but I mentioned it to others (especially minorities) and they agree. Manufactured liberalism, much like Seattle, but as long as you 'fit' a certain type. Plus I feel like I would outgrow Austin within a few years.

I think I'd do better somewhere like SD or Colorado.

Also the reason I have disregarded DFW and Houston is because my industry is not strong in either metro area.

5. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

That was to refute her ridiculous statement that SA is a tiny little city. Now she has clarified that she meant something different. People need to be clear with their words. Bottom line is San Antonio is one of the US's largest cities with 4 military bases. If you can't find a relationship there don't blame it on the city. You can keep moving from town to town but the solution to your challenges will probably come from within. Again, I wish you good luck.

6. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

maybe for hit it and quit it dates but relationships?

7. blackbrah

Just to be clear, I was fine with Atlanta but I had to move.

I can get dates, have a relationship here, etc, but in terms of what I want it is rare to find here. I've had had women approach me and talk to me, been to the ENT clinic, the receptionist was hitting on me and gave me her #

I've been on several dates the past few months and none click.

I believe I explicitly stated my problems here anyways and it is more of desire of wanting something more of what I prefer. I'd rather be alone tbh than have to settle for less.

Also I don't know why people mention the military bases here also as though that helps the dating scene more or somehow makes the city more 'diverse' :confused: It's not like you interact with them on a daily basis honestly. I've dated one girl from Georgia that was stationed here over here.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

again....any city with a military base

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

In my opinion, it IS small. Gee.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

if u cant find a kickass ww or a woman thats cool in atlanta with ur looks and resume then u r fucked

11. blackbrah

Nah, it is my fault that I can't find what I want.

Or maybe I should be less selective and just take anything right? :?

I have before many times but I had to move haha. Even when I was broke son.

EDIT: new avi uploaded w00t.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

oh ok. i mean u aint ugly so pulling career women in atl isnt hard
    what exactly r u looking for. do it bulletpoints please.

13. RaiderLL

San Diego. Not sure if your theory holds true for all military cities, but there's no doubt SD is great for IR. You can't go anywhere or do anything without seeing beautiful couples/families :smt023

14. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

But it isn't, in fact it is quite large. It isn't a matter of opinion.

15. blackbrah

aite...I will admit I'm picky.

-age range, prob mid 20s - early 30s
    -educated, has drive in their life
    -keeps in shape, not talking you have to be hardcore about it, but please eat right and be conscious about your body. You can't change your face, that's genetics, but you can change how you treat your body
    -If you are an athlete though holy hell! yum
    -minimum/no tattoos
    -I do like a more simpler, more natural look on women. Even in style.

I'm probably describing a chick that looks like Jessica Biel celebrity wise haha now that I think of it but I like many different types...like I think Katy Perry, yum. Scarlett Jo has that 'classic beauty' look a lot. I've tended to date more taller women I've found. I love many body types, but I AM a self identified ass man haha

When I was in Denver it seemed that there were many women that were my 'type' there.

Here I find:
    -many obese women...don't call me vain please I tend to like thicker women anyways but I'm saying there's a difference between a woman who is thick and one who i overweight
    -drinks a lot
    -has kids very early
    -tons of tattoos. I know I'm bias about them, but shit I can't do the chest tattoos and stuff like that. So unfeminine to me. I've seen one chick that is that 'rocker type' though. She can pull it off!

Oh and I would agree I would have it on easy mode here if I was into Hispanic Mexican women, I'm just almost not. I will think of some more negatives I find here.

16. FG

FG Well-Known Member

That is your opinion!
    :p

17. RaiderLL

You really don't seem that picky IMO. You just want someone who's similar to you (age, educated, mindful of their health). Doesn't seem like too much to ask for, especially since you're bringing those same qualities to the table. It's unfortunate you're having such a tough time, your preferences seem pretty basic.

18. blackbrah

All my friends call me picky and so do my parents, so I'm used to it! I don't like compromising what I like or into.

Also my mother would love for me to be with a black woman, and I have dated some, but I'm strongly attracted to white women.

The women that have those qualities, that I've met thus far are in serious relationships...happens so much to me.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention...it is so sexy when I meet an intelligent woman that can hold a conversation with me. Of course that may translate to dirty talk lol.

But to Sir Nose's sentiment I will try and push my comfort zone a bit more this year. Sure I can complain, but I still have to make changes. With that said though my biggest change may be just to relocate honestly.

19. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

can someone please explain to me what a military base is going to do for blackbrah? there is a military base in colorado springs but i would never suggest he move there:confused:

20. RaiderLL

You're absolutely right not to compromise or settle. That'll get you nowhere fast. Like you said...step outside your comfort zone, branch out, meet new people...things will certainly fall into place for you. I don't want to say this too loudly because I'm sure TDK will come storming in to argue with me...but just do you and interact with women you find attractive. It's truly not that hard to find quality people in this world. I know it's easier for women, but if you continue to put yourself out there you're bound to have success at some point. If you think relocating is the answer then do it. You're young, single and you don't have kids...no time like the present to make that kind of change :)