Dating Shows with BM/WW IR

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by kenny_g, Aug 8, 2006.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wow really fair fam

2. The Dark King

I agree. Unless you have success with women its hard to find confidence. I see it with men a lot and the sad thing is women are generally really shitty about it.
    I have noticed there are some women who are courteous enough to say no thank you or polite enough to have a decent four sentence conversation. Recently I've been going to clubs and bars again and I see more women being less shitty than when I use to frequent them heavy. No all and out disses like laughing or just plain ignoring someone who is talking to you. That shit happens enough it can't help but kill confidence.

3. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Well stated points Tam.

This is not to say every white woman is dying to be with a black man, of course not. That would be foolhardy to assert by a longshot.

What is poignant is if that woman does have that inclination she may be more self aware of family, friends and her social circle and how they may react. Its a reality of human beings and society. Skin color is another dimension of the social influences that may affect our interaction with others.

As someone said this cuts across cultures globally, but the black/white dynamic is more apropos for the sake of American society.

Imagine being a Muslim woman attracted to a Christian man
    Imagine being an Israeli attracted to a Palestinian

While American society has transformed greatly in the race arena, there is still that pang for some with a white woman involved with a black man.

4. The Dark King

Exactly. You can't tell who you'll have a connection with sometimes. And if you are looking for something real that's all that matters

5. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0l0pClT5vE

I think this show has some potential, especially if more couples begin to catch feelings of their own accord prior to the "truth booth" like Shanley and Chris T apparently did in episode 1.

It airs late night (11:00 p.m. eastern) too so hopefully this was purposeful scheduling and there will be some serious hook-ups happening. for the post-college audience.

6. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

It's an entertaining show. It does seem like we may get some diverse matches here and there, but it's all just for sensationalism and ratings anyway.

I'll keep a watch for it myself.

7. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

I stumbled upon the show on its premiere and it is really an interesting spin on dating/reality tv shows. It is already set to record on my dvr.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Fox had a similar dating show called The Love Cruise. It was simply a cruise with eligible single men and women on a Carribean WindJammer sailing yacht. There were games, a half million dollar prize and other dramas(especially a married couple who were on board. A big no-no). It was what it was. There was a potential for an IR match up but none came about. Well, this show just might get it right, for once.

9. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Ehhhhhhh

I'm starting to see a familiar pattern...

Not surprised.

10. Young Herschel

A brotha got picked by a white girl in this 2nd episode

Joey from Atlanta,GA got drafted by one of the baddest babes on the show and he put his thang down when asked about the white chick with the WCFC who drafted him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTdkcg5Slc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyZWG8Sj0vU

EDIT: Episode 2 hasn't been uploaded yet to youtube but you get to see the new IR power couple (Brittany and Joey) on these clips before she finally chose to be paired with him as they share the initial group date with other people.

EDIT 2: Here is Episode 2. http://www.mtv.com/shows/are_you_the_one/are-you-the-one-ep-2/1721341/playlist/

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  11. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

I saw the first half hour last night and had to step away so I wasn't sure what you were talking about. Watching the last half hour now and can see clearly what you mean.

12. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

^ I saw it. I don't get it.

13. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

They're clearly not into each other

14. Young Herschel

Love is a challenge; if it were easy these kids wouldn't have been sent to this show

Joey seems confident and determined to win Brittany over and earn her affections in the draft this week. From the clips of future episodes, it is visually clear that he succeeds in earning victory dates with her and that she is rather receptive to the romantic requests he makes; check for these clips in the opening sequence of the show when the title is being introduced.

There are three black males and three black females so if there is one IR couple then mathematically there must be another. I believe that Simone and John Jacobs are a "perfect match" and that opens up an IR pairing for someone else.

15. Young Herschel

New episode airs on MTV late nite tommorrow!!

Things are going to really begin to fall into focus after this third episode Tuesday nite. I hope that everyone has the dicispline to withhold making the most logical choices as to who their pre-selected "perfect match" most likely is according to the MTV relationship computer.

Joey should pick any of the black females (Ashleigh, Coleysia or Simone)

Dre should draft either Coleysia or Simone

Wes should draft either Ashleigh or Simone

The non-blacks should just continue to pick new partners among themselves

This will force the new "perfect matches" to somewhat reveal themselves at the end of the episode.

Then for the following episode they ladies could just select who they geniunely feel a natural mental connection with amongst the gentlemen based on the educated probablities from the previous episodes.

One interracial "perfect match" couple will mandate that there must be a second from among the group.

16. Young Herschel

This show has really taken off!!

Tune in Tuesday MTV late nite (11:00 pm eastern) for this new multi-racial reality dating show. Episode four promises to be explosive as the "Musical Chairs" of vanilla and IR couplings continues to progress via cycling thru new match-ups.

I have confirmed that there will be two interracial couple "Perfect Matches" on this show eventually but they first have to find each other . . . some say there are four IR couples but that remains to be seen from my viewpoint since the guy they alleged (Adam) doesn't seem interested in any IR at all.

Ashleigh (cute black female from Akron, OH) does have the 1# pick overall in tomorrow's draft though so maybe she will set it off by choosing Adam? That would force another IR couple to be selected by one of the non-black females who picks after her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b458WmXiH1w

http://www.mtv.com/shows/are_you_the_one/

17. Young Herschel

The first Interracial couple is coming!!!!

^^^Bump. This is the hottest new dating show on television today. Tune in Tuesday night at 11:00 eastern or catch up on the previous 4 episodes with Verizon On Demand and see what all the buzz online is about!!!

It has been alleged that there are as many as four (4) interracial couples pre-selected by the MTV computer from among the 20 contestants; I know for a fact that there are two and have reason to believe there could be four because if there are three IR couples then there must be four. The third IR couple (Chris S & Ashleigh) has been leaked on mtv.com via freeze frame but they could just be a red herring to throw people off . . . they can be seen snuggling together overnight on the pilot episode though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0l0pClT5vE

18. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Question: Would the computer be able to select a homosexual couple?

19. Young Herschel

Oh helll no!!

I thought about that too Milk & Coffee, but that is a prospect for an entirely different season; these kids are having a hard enough time finding their "perfect match" as is without the dynamic of bi-sexuality being added to the equation.

They had a hard enough time finding contestants who would take on all comers regardless of racial or regional differences within the heterosexual class. Some of these white girls act cold as ice when drafted by a black man and having to share a chair with him at episodes end. However, I think that cold façade is going to melt as the musical chairs of this mating show continues to progress; the first of several IR couples will finally be confirmed this week via the MTV relationship computer.

20. Young Herschel