Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. chamber

chamber Active Member

New Jude Law movie Dom Hemingway
    [YOUTUBE]vHOWTGto4AM[/YOUTUBE]
    Jude Law's daughter in the film is Emilia Clarke (Game Of Thrones) who has a son with Nathan Stewart-Jarrett (Misfits).

2. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Just watched it this past weekend.

She is a hottie. They had a scene together with them getting hot and bothered, it ended to quick.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Such IR between BM/WW don't belong in horror flicks.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There was a horror film in 2001 called Do You Wanna Know A Secret? It was produced by legendary B-movie producer/director Del Tenney(1930-2013). It featured a sort of interracial pairing with a young black man and a young Latina. Around the end of the film, the black man and a white woman survived a night of terror. Del Tenney was known for films like The Horror Of Party Beach and The Curse Of The Livivng Corpse(it was actor Roy Scheider's first major film).Tenney and his wife were also featured in the film. In the remake of The House On Haunted Hill, Taye Diggs and Ali Larter(I think) survived and became rich. I think it can work out if the writer has the courage to write it in.

5. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Margot Kidder and a Brother in "Sisters"

Margot Kidder (Canadien) was in a movie called Sisters. a Horror Film.
    She has a sex scene with a Black Man before she kills him.

6. Soulthinker

That is rare G. Not too many IR couple survive in those flicks.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Then there is the case of the film Scream, Blacula, Scream where Barbara Rhodes and the black actor playing her significant other both die and become the undead. Barbara was such a screamer in that movie.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw a film called Pumpkinhead 2: Blood Wings. There is an interracial teen couple kissing. It was pretty hot for about a minute. Part two of the Pumpkinhead series. Check it out.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw that film and thought it was quite scary and thought-provoking. I had mentioned in a post that Margot Kidder was in the comedy-drama Some Kind Of Hero, with Richard Pryor. She has a sex scene with him.

10. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Margot Kidder and Richard Pryor were a couple in real life.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall that both Pryor and Kidder were in Superman III. But not together.

12. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Can anyone make a list of BM/WW movies were race is not the main point of the movie?

Thanks.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Jump Tomorrow. Although this romantic comedy was culturally diverse, race was not played out as a handicap or a crutch. It was celebrated. The thing about it was that it was about a group of people dealing with fear, love, and life.

14. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

Rachel Getting Married and Pieces of April comes to mind

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I loved Rachel Getting Married. The wedding scene was beautiful. Actor Tunde Adebimpe was also in Jump Tomorrow. I'll have to check out Pieces Of April. I also recommend the film 'Round Midnight. There weren't a lot of IR romantic scenes(a black jazz musician married to a French woman), but it was mostly about a legendary jazz musician(played by Dexter Gordon)encouraged to make a comeback and the Parisian French's love affair with American jazz. Martin Scorsese makes an appearance in the film.

I also recommend a cool film starring Paul Newman and Sidney Poitier called Paris Blues. Joanne Woodward and Dianne Carroll were in it. And a special appearance by Louis B. Armstrong. No IR, but a common goal among Newman and Poitier as American Jazz musicians in Paris trying to make it. It even has a score by Duke Ellington.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  16. Soulthinker

I learn something every day. I didn't know Round Midnight had a IR romantic scene. I like the movies of Mario Van Peebles since he had done a lot of IR scenes in some of his flicks.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

'Round Midnight did not have a IR romantic scene. It had an interracial couple in one scene at an apartment party. Not much, but the setting was in Paris in the late 1960's. If you like the old school bebop jazz, this film is worth a look.

18. Soulthinker

Thanks G,I will not see it. I like full affection between BM/WW in movies.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Movies with IR couples (BM & WW) were race wasn't the theme.

Pieces of April 2003
    Katie Holmes and Derek Luke

Rachel Getting Married 2008
    Tunde Adebimpe and Rosemarie DeWitt

There's Something About Mary 1998
    Keith David and Markie Post

Walking Tall 2004
    The Rocks movie parents

Mother and Child 2009
    Samuel L. Jackson and Naomi Watts

G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra 2009
    Marlon Wayans and Rachel Nichols

The Bone Collector 1999
    Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie (Kinda)

Pulp Fiction 1994
    Uma Thurman and Ving Rhames (technically)

The Royal Tenenbaums 2001
    Danny Glover and Anjelica Huston

The Cookout 2004
    Danny Glover and Farrah Fawcett

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The Great White Hope- James Earl Jones and Jane Alexander.
    Feast Of Love-Morgan Freeman and Jane Alexander.
    Bird- Forest Whitaker and Diane Venora.
    White Knights-Gregory Hines and Isabella Rosellini.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014