The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Most definitely. You all set for Game of Thrones tonight?

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Dude its a big event around these parts. Can't wait for big pitchers of beer and chicken served by our wenches lol

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, they have the entire run of Young Justice streaming on Netflix.

How cool would it be if Netflix brought it back?

4. The Dark King

Like they did Clone Wars, the new episodes are dope as hell btw, I really like Young Justice. Might watch it now, thanks.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The fanbase might have to start one of those petition drives to Netflix in order to get that to happen, otherwise I don't see Netflix acting on their own to make it happen.

And fresh on the release of Captain America : The Winter Soldier this weekend the first images of Captain America's next slated big screen appearance in Avengers : Age of Ultron. Looks like they are going with a tweaked & updated version of his WWII costume design.

[​IMG]

6. The Dark King

Is that what happened with Clone Wars?

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's what happened with Clone Wars or not, but it's happened with other shows. Firefly & Veronica Mars series are the two that I recall that happening with. The recent Veronica Mars movie was a result of fans constantly harping about wanting too see more of the characters from that series. Netflix, unlike normal TV networks maybe more open to fan demands when it comes to petitioning for certain series, especially if any continuations are made into a Netflix only series.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]0ENTyo37yCA[/YOUTUBE]

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Oops, my mistake. It doesn't Looks like they don't have season two of Young Justice yet. Just season 1 for now.

10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Caught it this afternoon during study break. FANTASTIC! And the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy and the two additional scenes were awesome!

Lol! Well, if tonight's episode has taught us anything, it's that if you're enjoying some chicken and The Hound shows up requesting to be included in your feast, you had better give him as much chicken as he wants.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

MINI-SPOILER. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SEEN IRON MAN 3.

So, if he's in the second Avengers does that mean War Machine is taking over the Iron Man spot on the team due to what happens at the end of Iron Man 3 regarding Tony Stark & his armors?

13. Morning Star

Tony Stark will be able to make more suits in the future, so don't count him out. War Machine may play a role in it, but more like another supporting role, unless he's heavily emphasized.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yes, of course Stark can make more suits, but the reason I asked was because RDJ's Marvel contract was due to expire at the end of Iron Man 3 & speculation was he might not renew, hence why Iron Man 3 ended the way it did with no plans for any future sequels featuring RDJ. Word is RDJ did renew his contract but only for two films : Avengers 2 & 3. That means he'll be in both movies as Tony Stark, but doesn't necessarily mean Tony Stark would don Iron Man armor and since Jim Rhodes spent time as an Avenger, primarily on the West Coast Avengers team, both as Iron Man & War Machine in the comics they could go that route in the next two Avengers movie if Stark indeed doesn't don armor.

15. Morning Star

That's a pretty plausible argument, but are you saying that Rhodes actually took over as Iron Man in the comics?

16. Morning Star

Never mind. Stupid question, bro.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yes. There was a good period of time in the 80's were Tony Stark turned to alcohol to deal with all his personal & professional woes, and it got so bad that he couldn't function as Iron Man much less run his company and Rhodes took over in the role as Iron Man.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043

I'm guessing you remembered?

19. Morning Star

Hahaha, the internet is my friend.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

In one comic book, Rhodey thought that Tony was dead, so he took up the mantle. He even had a swirl with a white exec there. But when he discovered that Tony was alive, he yelled, "TONY! YOU SONOFA'...I QUIT!!!"