Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

It wouldn't make a difference. Politicians rarely prioritize the interests of the people. Politics in this country are $$$ driven, so corporate interests will always trump. When the black community begins to prop up and fund more of it's own businesses, they will have economic power which will open up political influence. The only difference between a black politician and a white politician is the amount of melanin in their skin.

The catch 22 in this scenario is that black businesses have to incorporate themselves into a system of capitalism that in itself is oppressive to the middle-class and poor. In order for these businesses to thrive, they have to target demographics that have the capital to support them. Which is rarely ours.

Why don't we have the capital? Because we don't have the jobs. Why don't we have the jobs? Because, in addition to being held back at the starting line due to this countries racial past, we often lack the education, motivation and focus.

This is something that will undoubtedly change as generations pass and we dig ourselves out of the hole that this country created for us.

2. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

as far as education....american culture doesnt value it until they cant do the job properly or get the job.

america is too into sports versus education

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i said this in a different thread....bp need to manage their money properly (including me) , spend money in your hood, get educated (you dont need a phd. vo-tech is good too), and vote

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Pretty much

But on the bright side there was just one incident like that after what happened to mike brown. Most people know that doing shit like that doesn't really help the cause.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah, looters and the type arent there for the cause ...they are there for stuff

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Hell, all it takes is one. Didn't help they were 20 deep either.

8. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

there was a peaceful protest in Toronto...some guys at the back of the crowd started looting and throwing rocks.....guess what??

They turned out to be Toronto Police officers.

Look up this phrase

Agent Provocoteur....

9. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[YOUTUBE]T_98ojjIZDI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah that's what really got me

Mob mentality was in full effect

12. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

13. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[YOUTUBE]UWH578nAasM[/YOUTUBE]

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the new offense: Existing While Black.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What do you mean new?
    My prediction is blacks with means are going to slowly get the fuck out of dodge. Life is toofucking short to be dealing with this bullshit and honestly its truly breaking my heart to see how many people I used to be friends with don't care or defend this excessive bs.

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

It's already happening/happened. This bs does not reflect blacks with means.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

In bigger numbers then. My entire focus is Canada right now.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The more things change, the more they stay the same

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True POJ since 1619.

20. weird

weird Member

what a foolish statement....

canada is just as worse....its a not racial utopia as you think they are.....

canadian blacks still face racism in canada just like their black counterparts in the US......

have you heard of africville?

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/africville-canadas-secret-racist-history