Zombie Fans : Walking Dead Season 2 Starts Tonight.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Oct 16, 2011.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Tonight's episode has some serious gravitas. They broke one of the most durable Hollywood rules ever.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

not once but twice even though you can argue it happened during season 2 as well
    My jaw was dropped for at least 5 minutes. Almost as shocking as red wedding for me

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The only issue I had with this episode was the voice over at the end. Seemed kind of clichéd and forced. That, and the prop they used for Judith at the very end. Didn't look right to me.

But, those were two very minor quibbles in a very good episode. It seems like the best episodes are written by the show runner, Scott Gimple.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Dropping kids is a rarely violated rule of cinema. I mean seriously, how many examples of that happening can you think of? And the other thing that was so shocking was the way it was handled. No metaphorical scenes, like a toy falling to the ground or something, but an actual execution. Brutal. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. As for the red wedding, I will never forget the wail of Rob Stark's mother as they killed Rob and she stood there dumbfounded as they slit her throat. Intense.

5. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the next episode.

(finally I found a cool gif image,too :) )

[​IMG]

6. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Lol me and the man watched this together, I saw the girl cutting her sisters throat from a mile off TBH, anyway he's sat beside me and says "well they will have to stay awake until they reach the others, otherwise that baby's not safe.
    So he asks me what would you do if that happened.

I'm like, you'd have to kill her, there is no other option, not when the group is so small and not knowing when you might reach this Terminus place.
    You have to think of the baby.

It was shocking but real, damn shame though, considering she saved Judith in the first place.

7. The Dark King

Yeah but she was crazy and mutilated animals for fun. Her wiring was all fucked up

8. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

A pre zombie history of messed up wiring, queue the sister telling her to look at the flowers after the zombie came out of the house.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]BZXvns_k0jA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YBIL5TGdZjE[/YOUTUBE]

10. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Their is a special episode of the The Talking Dead tonight on AMC.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

REMINDER : Walking Dead Season 5 premiere is tonight.

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

To quote a Classic Jackson 5 lyric, "I'll be there."

On a related note, is anyone here watching Znation on SyFy? It's not bad as long as you understand it's not really a serious show. If The Walking Dead is a new century Dawn of The Dead, then Znation is the new Return of The Living Dead. In other words, dumb fun.

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the note.

14. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Thanks!!

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I should be ashamed of myself for saying this but it's clear Tyreese isn't having any trouble finding food during this apocalypse. Can Chad Coleman afford a dietitian?

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

It was an ok opening. I thought they were going to drag this through like the prison or the farm but seems like they want to do something different. I'm happy to see more black men in the show after so many complaints.:smt042

However, I prefer the guy who saved grimes.

They really messed up tyresse's character. He was suppose to have fallen in love with the one he escaped with and she is not suppose to be so old. Not a fan of tyresse though.

though I am not a fan of anyone's but grimes.

Lets hope Lee can make an appearance with clemetine.....
    No more Kenny:smt018

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It was just okay?? What more did they need to do to make it better than okay from your POV?

And there was no way they could have drug out the Terminus storyline for the whole season the way they set it up. Although I'm sure that Gareth dude will probably show up again. Rick didn't kill him with the red handled machete as promised.....:p

18. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

It's coming!!

19. The Dark King

Its hard to look at them as thew bad guys when you see the bs they had to go through. It's easy to adopt the butcxher cattle mentality when you've the cattle for so long.

20. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

No doubt!! I loved the episode! I'm a big sissy so I was jumping the whole time, but we enjoyed it from beginning to end!