"she's not hip hop" says hip hop star

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Pssst.

So when you read this post I came across as mad to you because I simply used the term "NIGGA SHIT"? Really? :shock:

2. satyr

satyr New Member

Hip-hop is three artforms that unify under one culture. Those artforms are breaking/poplocking, graffiti, and rapping. You might include DJing but that is not distinctive to hip-hop, as you find it in myriad forms of electronica music (trance, techno, etc.) too.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol....i asked that from the begining. Looked at the start of the thread.

Lol
    Damn

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Alot of sampling....whats cool about that is thats kind of cool to figure where did they get that beat from.

A friend of mine and his son was liatening to diddys song about biggie. We told him it was sampled from stings song every breath u take. He swore up and down it wasnt. He looked highly hurt when we played them side by side.

Yeah...it seems to continuing to evolve for what it mean to them.

I know my grandfather hated the hell out of it.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I knew hip-hop was heading into troubled waters when Curtis Blow was sued by Bernard Edwards and Nile Rogers of the group Chic in court for using Edwards' and Rogers' song Good Times in Blow's song Rapper's Delight(I think). P.M Dawn used Gilbert O'Sullivan's Alone Again(Naturally) in a song and O'Sullivan took P.M. Dawn to court.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

:smt105
    Lol....hate to say it but ....

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Proceed, sir.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Its just sad that something that was produced by poor people to create a voice for the voiceless and something to just have fun turn do ugly

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The Sugarhill Gang made Rapper's Delight. Kurtis made The Breaks.

Rodgers and Edwards threatened to sue, demanding entire song credit, and got the label and group trio to grant it. So to this day, Rodgers (,and Edwards Estate) get all the songwriting royalties.

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Kurtis Blow, Rappers Delight? Really? Just stand down. :shock:

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bliss.:)

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Thank Deborah Harry and Blondie for bringing rap out of the underground when they made the song Rapture. My father had a remix of that. It had a long playing time on it. Sometimes, I think back to Bootsie and Funkadelic. Those were the days when r&b/ soul artists played and experimented. The keyboards, bass guitar and percussion were prominent and the lead guitar popped in on occasion. Then came the woodwinds and brass. Put all that into a stereo, turn up the volume and you're on your way to becoming a hit in your neighborhood.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This is what you've been saying pretty much the whole thread. In fact this is pretty much what you say everytime you discuss Hip Hop in any other threads whenever it has been discussed. Only difference this time is you see one of the current poster children for overly commercialized & corporate owned Hip Hop as a positive thing.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Uuh yeah. We will go with tha

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Debbie and Fab 5 Freddie often get that distinction, but the reality is over a year earlier, Rapper's Delight was the first hip hop/rap song to become a mainstream hit, making Billboard's top 40 and a hit worldwide. It's still going strong 35 years later as a classic, and infact, "..Was preserved into the National Recording Registry by the Library of Congress in 2011, calling it "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]xidRjFqMHyQ[/YOUTUBE]

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

But, no one is saying these guys aren't Hip-hop. They call them wack. They say they aren't talented. They say they are studio hoods. But, no one is saying they aren't Hip-hop. What's the difference between them and her besides a vagina?

I'll take it a step further; I don't think she would get as much hate if she weren't some cute Barbie Doll chick (although she isn't that, really. At least not by white standards). But, if she was some struggle faced, sorry looking white chick, she wouldn't get so much scrutiny. Cats would think it was cute, then. Like they did with that filthy beeya Crayshawn. She was truly horrible and far less talented than Iggy. Damn, I could have done better than her and I haven't laced a beat in damn near a decade and a half. ...lol

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You seriously believe that Kreayshawn, V-Nasty,Lil Debbie or any other similar sub par female rappers wouldn't be getting called out for their wackness if they were getting the same high level exposure & push that Iggy Azalea is getting? :confused:

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Oh, they would get called out. No doubt. But, I don't think it would be to this extent. Although, I'm not familiar with V-nasty or Lil Debbie. Where they worse than Crayfish ... ur ... I mean Creayshawn?