Hard out here being a white woman in America

Discussion in 'In the News' started by 4north1side2, Oct 28, 2014.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I hear you and with the exception of two guys everyone else just said hi or paid a compliment. You can't fault them for trying. Human interaction is getting really weird

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Good morning america is going to profile the video today

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

GIVE SPACE. It ain't quantum physics

4. RicardoCooper

Agreed on this one

5. RicardoCooper

I'm gonna make a video of how many times you hold the door open for a woman and she doesn't say shit

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'd actually pay to see that.

7. desert-queen

desert-queen New Member

"No one is more arrogant toward women, more aggressive or scornful, than the man who is anxious about his virility." Simone de Beauvoir

8. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

I don't think so..look at the video . The girl is dressed absolutly normal, not sexy or special at all. She looks straight, not even once she makes eye contact, she doesn't stop- not even looks into the windows, she moves fast. All that signals tell you- I don't want interaction (out of whatever reason). The comment " am I too ugly for you?" is the attempt to involve her into a communication by using a provocation and suggestion, she obviously doesn't want. Why is this person saying this? Because if you charge someone to be better than yourself, most people feel the need to defend themselves..and voilà, you have your interaction and communication
    A person, who is just nicely complimenting without expectation, I will absolutly not blame for anything, but I'd honestly advice every woman not to get involved with a person that approaches you in this way.

9. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Nobody says women are perfect, women are better. You can find unpolite, harsh, manipulative,,every kind of women. The topic was just the video and there you see a woman and not a man opening the door for a woman.
    But it would be nice, make it!
    A foundation I also find weird..

10. smoothtalk

smoothtalk Member

It`s all about location.

Plenty of places out there ( outside US ) where BM are very welcomed to approach WW.

Plus, it`s not a big deal to be approached by WW too.

11. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Some of the comments in the video were rude and outright disrespectful. Some were harmless interaction. The guy following her around for minutes was just... someone call the cops creepy. I can certainly appreciate women being made to feel uncomfortable or even threatened by the actions of some of the men in this video.

Typically, if I catch eye contact with a woman, I will only smile at her and strike up conversation which rarely amounts to more than 'hello, how are you?' when the smile is returned... sometimes even if it is not. If we're in an elevator, I might whip out my dick.

One thing that I notice is not shown in this video is the thousands of guys in NYC who didn't so much as bat an eye at her. This is not to excuse the 100+ who did... 50% or so of which were disrespectful. Just... you know.,.. we're not all fuckfucks.

12. RicardoCooper

Can't argue with that quote

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Well stated ...for a ten hour vid she posted maybe 5 minutes but im sure you would onky get a sample.

She was on gma saying it was a variety of men cat calling

14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I never understood what men who cat-call or make suggestive comments to complete strangers on the street are hoping to accomplish. What high quality woman is going to respond positively to such behavior? A simple smile and friendly hello/good morning, ect. is all you need to see if a woman is interested, if she does not respond, go about your day. Simple.

That being said, this particular woman from the first video does not seem to mind attention on her terms....

[YOUTUBE]R8e7ls4uPow[/YOUTUBE]

15. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

This guy nails it completely.

[YOUTUBE]bJX6owYq93k[/YOUTUBE]

Dear fellow gentlemen,

If you ever see a woman that you're interested in, DO NOTHING. Do not sexualize her by saying she looks nice. Do not patronize her by saying hello. Do not acknowledge her existence. Do not hold the door open for her, that will allow you to fantasize looking at her ass. Do not buy her a drink, you all have no clue what that can lead to.

SHE WILL APPROACH YOU. NO MATTER WHAT, YOU WILL BE APPROACHED!

She will know exactly what she wants, and she will provide her intentions upon meeting you.

16. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Cause she posted a shitty workout video? It's not like a twerking video or anything.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Congratulations for making this woman famous, internet

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Posting a video while wearing tight as can be workout clothes and posing in suggestive positions, is clearly seeking attention, I don't buy that its only demonstrating the benefits of stretching. She is not even speaking in the video or giving instructions, just posing.

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Pretty much. This wannabe actress and her wannabe director boyfriend had an agenda behind the video... it didn't really have to do with the harassment of women. This video was their gateway to viral stardom and also to steal money from naïve folks for their fake cause.

20. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

This, I agree with.

I still don't see an issue with her posting a workout video that like... 11 people have seen. This is no different than anything you'll see if you go to a gym or a yoga class.