why men cat call

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

When I visited DC in October, my friends commented on how out of character it was... to see me wearing jewellery, nicer clothes. Cat calling while I lived in DC actually wore me down. I was sick of getting hit on when I was simply walking to the grocery store in oversized sweatpants, and a XXL hoodie. Guys caught on that I couldn't hear, and rather than just yell out to me, they'd gesture. I stopped making ANY effort to look good whatsoever, because I hated the attention.

I was out for a run once, and stopped to catch my breath, walk instead. Some guy was walking on the opposite side of the road, and yelled out. I looked, and thought, "Dammit!"... he started crossing the road towards me. A real rough, thug-ish looking guy. Comes over, says something. I point to my ear and shrug. He offers me part of the sub he was eating... I turned it down (lmao...).
    He asked if I had a phone, I said I didn't. Then my phone vibrated, and I started coughing, hoping that covered the vibrating sound somewhat :p , I felt like he'd totally kill me if he caught me in a lie. Then he opened up his phone, showed me some pictures of kids he had on there. a bottle or two of wine/champagne/something, and then some pictures of his guns.
    After another few awkward gestures, off the topic of guns, I gestured that it was time for me to start running again. Then, I took off.... I could barely breathe, but wouldn't stop to walk again, I was too close to home... didn't want him to know where I lived, so I pushed through it, ran all the way back to my apartment.

Here, I basically don't exist to guys, so I can actually put the effort in to look good, for *me*. Guys aren't as aggressive here... cat calling isn't much of a thing at all.

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

We're horny, simple-minded motherfuckers...

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

As long as it's mutual, it's all good. ;)

Stubborn with a mind of my own is my kind of craziness. :smt023

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that type of craziness. ;)

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

:smt058

6. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I see cat calling as childish. If a man is grown and has confidence in himself, he should do the decent and grown up thing and approach a woman. It doesn't have to be rude or overly suggestive. I appreciate a man who speaks, holds a door open for me, or even tells me I look nice that day. Nothing over the top, and nothing that is going to make me think all you want is a piece of ass. It's called respect. Very simple.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Please u get over the top rope catcallin every time u post pics

Hell many of the women here get catcalled when they post pics and seem to like it

Guy decides to catcall u for looking good in the hood and suddenly it's a problem

8. Cherok33

As long as dude is respectful in public then no, I am usually polite and smile and say thank you and keep it movin. Cat calls in here with u crazy fellas is totally different because we are familiar with each other. I can appreciate crazy cat calls from a few because I know them and I know most are just being silly.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Omg stop being so sensible

But hey

What about the flash in the pans that don't know anyone, post seductive photos, get catcalled and reply with hugs n kisses

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I think people confuse cat calling with a man approaching for a date.....hell alot of dudes completely come off completely foul doing it

11. Cherok33

Lol I'm sorry I'm being sensible and boring :D I promise, I am quite entertaining offline! But yes hun, you do have a point. Some women quite enjoy cat calls and attention. Most women appreciate being noticed and to feel beautiful.

As Goodlove indicated, some men just don't understand the proper approach.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

True true

In real life I don't catcall women unless like you said, we know each other and flirt like that

I once worked with a guy who used to catcall strange women who walked past our sneaker store and felt awkward as hell

Different strokes for different folks i guess

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah....when i was in college dudes would say some dumb shit ......hell it didnt stop on canpus...juat look at the nite clubs...hot mess

14. Cherok33

Whew don't get me started with the night clubs and liquor powered confidence! Yikes!

15. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I think it takes a special person to not understand the difference lol. You can't fix stupid I guess :rolleyes:

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

OMG GIMME A PIECE OF THAT

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

"When approaching a woman....put some pimping in it"- says petty

18. Cherok33

I bet Petty had no need for cat calls, the women naturally gravitate to him and given the nice view he probably only has to smile lmao

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

"Baby ...eehhh...its a blessing and a curse. a blessing for all the women that are in my presence...and a curse for the ones that are not" says petty

20. Cherok33

Lmao! Lemme find out GL is hysterical! Good one!