Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

WE are the only ones that have mothers that don't seem to identify with the shi.t their men go thru.
    Palestinian women(for example) get the real fear their men feel...and you best believe they'd NEVER tell their sons not to fear the isreali police.

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

History is best qualified to reward all research.

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

From what little research I have done so far, I am leaning towards supporting the comments of Susan McGraugh below.....

"Susan McGraugh, supervisor of the Criminal Defense Clinic at the Saint Louis University School of Law, said all the exceptions to the normal grand jury process, appear to be heightening tensions among residents, particularly among racial minorities who believe they're treated differently by police.
    The police officer is "getting a whole special grand jury process," McGraugh said. "I think it really adds to the consternation — you know, the frustration — that people are feeling."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/2...in-michael-brown-shooting-unusual-in-variety/

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Somebody rep this man over here since I can't right now. Thank You.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

79% of the businesses are minority owned.
    The BF bakery owner....Americans with HUGE HEARTS across the country have donated $70,000 and counting to help this woman pick up the pieces of her loss, and start over. Not sure if it will be in Ferguson, though.

I would not ever rebuild there if they burned my business to the ground.

6. free816

free816 New Member

Ding ding nothing to add here

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Everybody should be upset over Chicago and any other major city where it's open season on young black men

But whatever floats your boat

They're all criminals killing each other so who cares right

:roll:

That's funny considering my mom was VERY aware of the racism in philadelphia and made sure that i knew that as a black man, I already had a target on me drawn by other black men and racist institutions

In fact I was encouraged to stick with black women because she figured they would be able to identify with my struggle as a black person in America, being black themselves

But....again whatever with the generalizations that people like you seem to throw out with blatant disregard

Ur obviously trolling as usual

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I was going to say that I've had plenty of BM say the same about their mothers/grandmothers warning them.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah I don't know what the fuck people around here are smoking today

Black women not identifying with or preparing young black males for the reality of society?

Huh?

The video Loki posted about police in watts having football camps, with black mothers who were afraid to let their sons go because they always told their sons to not trust police, was obviously not watched

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

As a side note, Intra-racial violence is a known thing about any group in America

The problem is that the death tolls and victims from such violence is heavily lopsided towards the 14-15 percent of population of this country, which is why people keep talking about it

Much alike people addressing racism from whites towards blacks, with white on black hate crimes blowing away any other type there is

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not the KKK, that's for sure.

It's funny, the poor disenfranchised asshole who held a sawed-off shot-gun to my head and ribs to take my last $20 and cell phone (he walked away richer than me, haha AND his accomplice had a car while I was riding Septa)... well the next day he shot and killed an innocent young BM in the stomach doing the same robbery thing. Funny that....

Or my local favorite Blockbuster sweetheart worker... he was 17...he loved movies with a passion. He would spend HEAPS of time with my boyfriend and I when we visited, telling us movie plots, showing which one to get, which not...
    One evening, he left work, got some Chinese food, and was robbed and shot dead in the head as he walked towards his house-gate...and they took his food.

I wrote a letter to his mom, gave it to his manager...I wanted her to know she had an incredible son who touched others lives in a beautiful way, how my heart-ached for her losing him...
    To my surprise, she wrote me a beautiful letter back. I understood where he got his kindness and love for life from...she raised a great boy, and an asshole/s stole his life.

Not every BM victim is another criminal or gang banger. Sick of that excuse to ignore. and sick of the "poor makes them do it", excuses.

Sorry for the irrelevant digress...Back to Ferguson...

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Some more on that 'Chicago' thing

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/May-2013/Getting-Away-with-Murder/

There goes the assumption that unlike cops, murderers go to jail (must hold truth to other cities because it damn sure isn't the case for Chicago) which is usually a response to black on black crime, or Intra-racial crime in general

Maybe I read this wrong....it does happen...often

Or maybe this chicagomag website is right wing garbage

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

On a side note, that link you posted mentioned a show that airs tonight called "Chicago Love" produced by Diddy about the violence in Chicago. But I can't figure out what channel it's on unless Directv just isn't carrying it. I see Comcast is. I'd like to watch it.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Wiki says cable like Comcast or time warner for Revolt TV, but I'm PRETTY sure it'll be ripped to youtube

15. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Lippy is suspiciously awesome...... :smt049

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Shity cops and black on black crime is not the same issue. Yet people bring it up EVERY time someone talks about police violence toward black men. Every profession outside of law enforcement is held to a much higher standard of accountability as far as malpractice, negligence, and recklessness is concerned. If someone dies on your job due to your lack of due diligence. They are going to look at your education, training and experience and say that you should have known better and most likely you will be going to jail. If you and others in your profession are allowed to kill people in the hospitals I can guarantee you there will be protests to stop your shitty practices, all of which has nothing to do with black on black crime.

17. free816

free816 New Member

Funny you say that when I was about 15 or 16 1st time a white girl came to my house, moms was def polite gracious etc etc think she sat in the living room watch TV anywho soon as I hit the door from walking her out, " her daddy knows she over here seeing you" my mother is staring 80 in the face and raised in 1940-1950 ALABAMA she gets it trust me, and there is a bit of truth in if you ain't doing wrong the police won't bother you, I'm pushing 50 it's getting easier, but from 10-25 it's not open war but the conflict is thick in our neighborhoods when the police come driving thru and my arguement is more so there

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The black on black thread had no one posting in it

So I came here instead

I get ur point tho and I pointed it out before as well

Both arguments deserve their own space and should not be the result of expertly timed deflection, as was the case with rudy giuliani

Instead of actually addressing the frequent murders of unarmed young black males by police, he decides to go on a rant about the black community and Intrarracial crime

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

My mom flat out told me I better NOT bring home a white girl

We lived in a racist section of philly (which one wasn't) so she had purpose beyond her words

She was afraid of what people would do to me if they caught me with a white woman...along with the idea that ww simply could not relate

Yes

Emitt till was real within the hearts of black parents nationwide

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

But it's the means to the end. In the end, you have dead people. I don't think a person about to be killed gives two fucks that it's a white or black person of any profession doing it.
    Everyone wants to address the cop killers but not any other killer. I swear if I saw cities burn down for both issues that plague, maybe people would pay attention to not just the one, Then we could as a country seek some new solutions, because not much is working right now for either. In the end, we want to save lives, period.