Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Added to my Redbox list.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

dont say that too loud conservative talk show hosts will lose their minds

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Michael Moore's films sometimes mention Canada. Even the Canadians are sometimes skeptical of the U.S.A.. They have a healthcare system that is better received there than it is here because we have never explored the option enough without bickering about it and the assumed future costs and taxes. I say this; money is going to be spent. There is no avoiding it no matter how fiscally conservative(or any part of that label) one is. "That which is owed to Caesar, is paid to Caesar." And, you can't take it with you.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

well stated....
    fiscally conservatives....is a lie. they want to cut back food stamps, lay off teachers and not do health care but can find money for football

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/05/07/ncaa-finances-subsidies/2142443/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

if you were the movie theater owners wpuld you have shown the movie

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Having once been the assistant manager at a big theater chain, I probably would not have, because we live in terroristic times, and crazy people.

But l would not have given in to thier second demand of wiping all traces of it, of which Sony complied.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i agree....the liability is too high.
    people on tv talking tuff in saying show the movie are the ones who wouldnt be there or flip the bill for hospital costs and long term care

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think The Interview will be shown in theaters. But it will be a while. The film Spider Baby(the film starred Lon Chaney ,Jr.,who also performs the theme song composed by Ronald Stein, and Sid Haig) was made in 1964, but released in 1968. The film Panic In the Year Zero, with Ray Miland and Frankie Avalon was released shortly before the Cuban Missile Crisis and was considered the most frightening film of that year. The films The Sum Of All Fears and Collateral Damage suffered because of 9/11.

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

just remember to keep you expecations as low as you can. in fact throw them away. That's when you will be able to say it was not half bad.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah...i heard its horrible

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yes. And not just that, but think about all the other people who will stay away from the other movies because of fear of something that might happen at the movie complex.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

good one....didnt think on that

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ok, just watched tonight's new season episode, lol...And I want to revise my original answers to your comment....
    I thought you were referring to the one night that they drunkenly hooked up.

However, at the very end of tonight's episode, they were all having Christmas dinner and Carl said that it's the first time he's eating there as a member of the family, and Vine replied, "you've been dating Victoria for 4 months...." I was like, okay I'm not up to that yet in the reruns..now l see what you meant. It's awesome that they are a couple now.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Well, things have moved forward on Mike & Molly. I remembered when Carl was trying to date an attractive single mother who is an optometrist. Carl had always dated women of other races, but they never showed it.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

korea has no internet.... i wonder what happened

[​IMG]

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lmao

Mess with a bull, you get the horns!

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Like in most detective/spy stories with a high tech subplot, a group or individual who happens to be highly skilled with computers, sent a ghost program(or something along those lines), and bounced it to N. Korea, making us believe that the N. Koreans were responsible. This is one hell of a subterfuge.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

True. The Russian chick he fucks is always invisible, and pissed off his Grandma with her clothes flung everywhere.
    Optometrist was Holly Robinson Peete.

Epic! Quite possibly the funniest post you've made. :smt005

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember her( I think her father was on the first season of Sesame Street his name was Gordon). She was the original cast member from 21 Jumpstreet with Johnny Depp, Richard Griecco, Peter DeLouise and Steven Wright. Carl's grandmother was a trip. I guess he couldn't afford his own place on a Chicago Police Officer's salary, so he lives with his grandmother. But being a cop has its advantages for him as a young, single man. And Carl uses them.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

thank u
    thank u