The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Just comes to show how far tech has come. back in the day, no way you could have all of this in the palm of your hand.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's crazy isn't it lol

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Hell, I remember when coin-operated games in 7-ft tall cabinets didn't even look this good.

4. archangel

First time that I have given a meh to a telltale game... game of thrones is just not my cup of tea. I guess I will wait for dragon age to come down in price.:???:

I wish I could go back to dragon age origins but I am just sick of it. I'd rather start from scratch with inquisition.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Dragon age inq just dropped down to 35 dollars for ps3/4

I won't spoil anything for u....but I will say it's very expansive

I'm just mad because I paid full price for it a few days ago

I was really jonesin' to continue where I left off on dragon age two and couldn't wait for my mail rental lol

I never buy games...especially at full price, but bioware has never let me down

If I know the game can easily take 50 hours to complete and collect everything, the price is justified

The order 1886 has been reviewed with a 3-5 hour campaign, so I'll never buy that

Not worth the money

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The New Nightcrawler

[​IMG]

Tuesday evening, director Bryan Singer revealed on his Instagram that Kodi Smit-McPhee has been cast to play the mutant Nightcrawler in the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse.

This is a re-casting of the Nightcrawler role after his portrayal by Alan Cumming in X2, also directed by Bryan Singer. As you can tell, Smit-McPhee is noticeably younger than Cumming and falls in line with the younger re-castings of Jean Grey, Cyclops and Storm. In comics, Nightcrawler is the child of Azazel, who was played by Jason Flemyng in X-Men : First Class and Mystique, played by Jennifer Lawrence in the past two X-Men movies and has grown to be one of the franchise's most prominent characters.

Singer has stated in the past that he originally planned for Nightcrawler to have a role in 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past, but had to trim the part to focus on just a few core characters.

Kodi Smit-McPhee is best known for his lead roles in Let Me In and The Road, and recently co-starred in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. His next role is in the film Slow West, co-starring Michael Fassbender, who coincidentally plays the younger Magneto in the X-Men movies.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

He'd make a good Night Crawler. His eyes look innocent and sympathetic.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

First look at Jason Mamoa as Auqaman!

[​IMG]

9. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Not bad. Not bad at all. He definitely has the makings of....

[​IMG]

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Isn't Aquaman blonde haired and blue eyed?

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

There weren't any model aryans available

12. The Dark King

lmao shit I don't know why they didn't offer it to Chris Hemsworth's brother he looks the type.

13. archangel

smh robin and super powers.... I could tolerate Damian but now.... I enjoyed batman going back to save the kid but I really didn't want him to get powers.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Warner Bros is smart. With the changing ethnic demographics, they know they just can't have a bunch of white men saving the world. If they want their franchise to thrive, The Justice League must be more racially inclusive.

15. The Dark King

You think so? Then why not just make new heroes and new themes. There are so many rich ethnic characters in the comic book world you don't need to change white ones. If they're going after the already built in fan base those people are married to the original source material and won't see it.
    If they want a black character that appeals to kids why not Static Shock? Or Green Lantern? Black Lightning?
    Like I said they have so many to choose from. This is obviously the work of someone who sees the success of comic movies and is trying to capitalize by using a twist to seem "original"

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Samson's right because there is some speculation that they maybe considering making the Green Lantern for Justice League not only a female but Hispanic based on the fact that all the other characters have been cast except for Green Lantern and the current Green Lantern now in the most recent Justice League issues is a Hispanic female, although she currently does not have a power ring that comes from or is a member of the Green Lantern Corp. But Geoff Johns, writer for both Justice League & Green Lantern comics says that will soon be changing and she will become the first official Earth female Green Lantern.

So since they are basically basing the big screen version of the Justice League off of the current New 52 version which includes Cyborg, who covers both the black and tech related character, don't be surprised if the female Hispanic Green Lantern does happen to cover the additional female/ethnic/space related character.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

....because having two black characters would scare everyone off

And Hispanics are considered white by many so I'm not sure if that's inclusive anymore

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You sure about that? Your boy Flaming might say different. Oh..wait..that's why he hates them because some want to be seen and treated as white.....

Anyway they are still ethnic enough, along with Muslims (especially brown skinned Muslims) to be getting the good Ol' American "Niggas Go Back Home" type treatment, sooooooo........

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Some...many...it's relative to what defines your threshold

As for the second half of ur post......I've been saying that for a minute

We have it bad as blacks...but be real.....all of the minorities catch it to some degree

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And let's be honest....There are some/many Black folks just as guilty of wanting to be on that "I want to be seen/treated like I'm White/Fuck those other Negroes and their struggles" shit. Quit Hatin'. :p