Jamie Fox and Katie Holmes

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by JUANMACKER, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think Katie just wanted to meet a nice guy. She could have her pick of any eligible man anywhere in the world. She chose Jamie. I think it was Tom's religion of Scientology that may have been a problem. When Nicole Kidman was married to Tom, she said that members of her family were scientologists. And when she married Keith, they were married in a Catholic church.

2. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

I'll speak for anyone between 27 and 37 that came of age around the time of Dawson's Creek: Many men and women used to have a crush on that girl Joey Potter. Though Katie isn't breathtakingly beautiful, she definitely fits the bill for a lot of people. I've never been able to put my finger on it but there's just something really compelling there. She has an air about her that says soothing to the soul.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

disagree with this as a person in that bracket. preferred the teacher or dawson's g/f.

4. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

I agree.I didn't watch Dwason's Creeks but started liking her after Batman Begins.I really think Tom was draining the life out of her as she didn't look as good or happy while she was with him but she looks good now imo.I also think she's a strong women to be able to walk away from such a rich, powerful and controlling man like Tom and his crazy cult.

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention Tom Cruise's first wife, actress Mimi Rogers, who (supposedly) divorced him because he refused to have sex. Said he wanted to become a monk. Mimi is quoted as saying "He thought he had to be celibate to maintain the purity of his instrument, but my instrument needed tuning, and we had to split."

6. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

Mimi was practically robbin the cradle. He was 22 at the time, she was 29. He probably had no clue how to satisfy a woman at that point in his life.

And how could you both leave out All The Right Moves. Excellent movie and he and Lea Thompson almost set theatres on fire in that one.

7. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You call 7 years difference 'robbing the cradle'? Funny since that age difference is supercommon, the man being 29 and the woman 22. And to the comment that a 22 yo man would not have a clue how to satisfy a woman.... Bahahaha, hillarious. Tom is simply a weirdo cult drone, chalk it up to that, nothing more. Scientology has his mind,body and soul 100%

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I did. Sorry. I didn't know about that part of their marriage. I didn't care at that time.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Like I said, Tom was playing characters that were at their best(which includes All The Right Moves). He seemed tailor-made for roles like that. The Color Of Money was another example.

When asked at the premiere of the film Someone To Watch Over Me, with Mimi Rogers, he simply said the film and Mimi were terrific(or something along those lines. Mimi was 31 and Tom was 22. She wasn't robbing the cradle. Other actresses have been married to younger men and it was the trend back then before it became common.
    It was after he did the film Losing It, he had this issue about sex. He once said in an interview that he went to see the film Porky's and walked out because it was about sex(sex was a part of the film but the main theme of Porky's was revenge).

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I believe that Scientology is a religion for one's own self. That they could achieve more when they focus on their journey. They don't need outside tools like drugs, counseling, or anything that would be considered in Scientology circles as a detriment to their journey. Throw in the belief of aliens and otherworldly beings and everything becomes clear to the practicing Scientologist. My brother had read an edition of Dianetics. I read it and I was confused about an number of things. My brother had other books from other self help gurus like Napoleon Hill(Think And Grow Rich) and a weird book called TNT, a Dianetics inspired rip-off. Tom's journey has been a profitable one and there is no stopping him. He and other actors like John Travolta and the late Isaac Hayes, will defend Scientology because of what it had done for them. I have not met a Scientologist, but I do not argue their commitment to their religion and their journey.

11. playboy90210

playboy90210 New Member

I have to disagree with you TheUtopian. I actually met Jamie Foxx last October when me and my girl (yes the blonde woman in my avatar with me) were in her hometown of Denver. He was at Lucky Strike bowling alley with his daughter and baby mama and a few security guards. We didnt wanna be annoying and ask for a photo but we walked by and said Hi and he was CLEARLY checking out my girlfriend, not even noticing me. He muttered under his breath something like "alright alright..." staring at her and not at me. And he even looked back at her AGAIN after we walked away and sat down across the alley. Made her uncomfortable too. And she's a blonde white girl in short shorts and cowboy boots. So white chicks with an innocent vibe are definitely his "type"...

12. K

K Well-Known Member

I think it would be really difficult, if not impossible, for a non-Scientologist to be with a Scientologist. There is no way for anyone to know what it's really all about without being deep into it. Cruise is supposedly very deep. My guess would be, that's the major factor in the ending of all of his relationships. There is no part way in.

I've known many who were once Scientologists, some who were active when I knew them, and some who ended up going that way. My opinion is it's a cult.

It's not surprising that Katie left the way she did or that she doesn't have direct communication with Cruise. Good for her for finding happiness (assuming she has).

As far as the bro code, I think Hollyweird is a major exception to that one, no one really knows what's going on between 2 people in that "community".

13. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

Somehow this thread is taking that nasty turn towards persecuting people for a religious belief. I am not rigorously religious but it would be idiocy to forget Christians, Jews and many other religions were also persecuted at one time, with horrendous results.

Crusafixions or Genocide anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Explain, please. No one is persecuting anyone for their religious beliefs. To those of us outside of any religion, practices in that religion may seem strange to us. Millions of people around the world from the biblical times onward to today have murdered other people in the name of religion, from the battlefield to the streets of any city or town. Tom Cruise is a Scientologist and that may be why he somehow cannot maintain a longer lasting relationship with Mimi, Nicole and Katie. These are his issues.

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

It has been rumored for awhile that Foxx has a preference for white chicks. He's just been too big a coward to openly act upon it much for public consumption.

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

This is the first I've heard about this.

17. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

The point I was making is in reference to the fact that any time the term "Scientology" pops up, whether in discussions, the media, comical commentary (Last week's Real Time with Bill Maher had a segment on it), the term is then accompanied by any or all of the following terms:

cooks
    cult
    weirdos
    freaks
    subversion
    fiction

So odd that so much opinion is made of another's religion, in a time when there is supposedly freedom of religion? Why does anyone feel the need to comment on what tom Cruise chooses to practice? Is he doing something wrong?

Just google scientology and you find more sites trying to strike it down altogether than any that promotes it. What is with all the fear. Remember, Hitler feared the annihilation of the aryan race.

In regards to it being "fiction", I'm sure the idea of god creating the world in 6 days, then putting his feet up on the 7th and cracking a beer seems far more realistic.

I think I've made my point, not trying to derail this train...

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol