gender double standards?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Mar 22, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I remember reading something like that before. It also has to do with job choices since men usually take higher risk higher paying jobs like logging or crab fishing while women take lower risk jobs like retail and daycare.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I know where I work they have set pay rates based on years of experience etc

If you're not making what a man makes, it's because he simply has more experience/years on the job

3. The Dark King

Yeah my job works on how much you bring in. Race gender religion none of that shit matters if your numbers are right

4. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

I got some real estate in Antarctica you should really take a look at....

Your making too much sense fam...

A bit exaggerated with the retail and daycare, but there are very few women jumping to become firefighters, longshoremen or frackers. Hell I live near MIT and you would be shocked at the ratio of Male/Female engineers they put out, and that is simple choice of profession. I'm proud to say I know one lady that graduated near top of her class there.

Don't even start with the stuff about female CEO's or the business world. Sorry but men don't take a few years off to start a family, they do BOTH simultaneously which = value.

5. The Dark King

My point was pointing out female dominated areas which don't make a lot of money. Also women pick professions based on the idea they want to have a family one day. Ask a hundred female teachers why they got into the profession and at least 80 will say it was a profession that would allow them to be home for their kids when they reach school age.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

free speech protection is only when the govt is trying to put u in jail for saying something crazy.

u maybe rite in that if it was an unknown person nothing wouldve been said.

but check out what he said tho. not just the slut thing but he stated that she got blasted by a team at some point in the tourney.

so the fact that she blasted the boys before that ...well it doesnt mean nothing. at the same time did society set this up for him to say that.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm confused by this reply. Your beginning reference seems to indicate that you disagree with my post, but you then go on to site examples that support my conclusion.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt042

10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I sincerely doubt this. Those women more than likely chose to be a teacher because they were exposed to the teaching profession and liked it. If they are honestly thinking of children, they would realize that that profession doesn't pay well.

11. The Dark King

They also banked on being married. They take lower salaries because they figure their husbands will make more.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i think they choose teaching because society , historically, pushes the profession on them. also mostly is its a public service issue

i will agree with u on this...u better marry money cause it dont pay crap. i think it doesnt cause its considered a womans job

13. The Dark King

Well so is a nurse and they get paid really well. The issue I think with teaching is most under value a quality education and view teaching as babysitting. It's very sad and shows you why our education system sucks right now.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yep no doubt

15. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Life isnt supposed to be fair :cool: