Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I really don't know what the fuck is going on anymore with people

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I have become addicted to Daniel Boone. Of all shows! Can't believe l am even typing this.

What has me addicted is the relationships between the settlers and the native Americans/Indians. The dialogues between the two is top par. Prolific metaphors...insights. The distrust and the trust. Boone's respect for the Indians and their different cultures. The various Chief's willingness to adopt some of the 'White man's ways'.

Fascinating episodes containing history lessons, from a harrassed by the British, Ben Franklin making an appearance, to ciivil war soldiers, to the gold rush, to the non violent Quakers...to the booze prohibition (before the 20th century one), to women's roles, to learning the many Indian tribes and chiefs, to the food they ate and clothing and cloths they wore..to just how they lived in general during the pioneer days.

This is(was) one hell of a country.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Replace Indian with Native American and maybe I'll buy into Daniel Boone respecting them

7. The Dark King

She's from Australia they don't have indigenous people.... wait :rolleyes:

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What are you talking about. That is what they called them then. Even lndians called themselves Red skins and White skins. Please leave modern day reclassifications out of it.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Those poor aborigines....things worked out really well for them too

[​IMG]

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

God, l love Stanley.
    You, not so much right now.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

thats from the "office " rite

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

15. The Dark King

This really shows how out of touch these people are with the current market place and what consumers actually want. Why pay for something that we can all get for free from other sources? Amazon prime offers it with a bundle that allows me to get free shipping with purchases and free tv shows but they want to charge 10 to 20 bucks a month for what exactly? To preserve some nostalgic idea of supporting already incredibly wealth rock stars?
    The better move would have been to offer direct to consumer incentives that only they could offer since they're the artists we love. A subscription with them could mean an automatic 50% reduction on all tours and merchandizing. Give more bang for the buck actually work for the mountains of cash you're hoping to get for 4 minute songs.
    If someone really wants to change the game for music/entertainment period, develop an anti piracy software that either deletes the file after a certain amount of copies or digital code to track stolen downloads.
    Well I am interested in seeing how the public reacts.

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

17. The Dark King

Have you actually used the headphones? They are definitely not 10 dollar head phones

18. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Was I underestimating?

19. The Dark King

Yeah fam they're really dope

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Your anti piracy idea is pretty good..
    You can get an idea of how the public will react by reading the comments..Spotify is king to them, and Netflix, among others. For me it's Pandora..It's free and $4.99 mnth ad free.

On more thing you realize is people are willing to buy hard copy music if it's good music. But they won't shell big bucks for streaming, especially for the commercial music of today.