unarmed WM killed by police in Iowa...no one cares

Discussion in 'In the News' started by lippy, Jun 12, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

Stay down tdk....stay down

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

He was killed in June not July but I am not going through the news on that day.

The article is

Police Killed An Unarmed White Man In Iowa And His Community Didn't Seem To Notice

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/11/ryan-bolinger-des-moines-police_n_7560874.html

after the day of this article and lippy, there was a protest. It got coverage and people in that community cared. Lippy and the maker of that article moved too fast to discredit people.

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

You sir are 100% correct.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Nope. Wrong.
    Follow the story...you responded to my post (see above) that l had responded to GL who spoke about his parents going on CNN.

Here you go...directly from my story, which GL, Bilbo and l referenced:

Aug 4
    Zachary Hammond, an unarmed white 19-year-old, was in the middle of a seemingly routine vehicle stop in South Carolina last week when a police officer fatally shot him.

Zachary Hammond, 19, was killed July 26.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Who dismissed non black deaths?

6. The Dark King

I was only asking because I wonder if you're only picki nh up on bits and pieces and not the whole story. Carry on

7. The Dark King

I think Native Americans go unnoticed because there are so few of them. I only knew about a recent activist because it happened within days of the Sandra Bland case and one publication tried to connect the two. Hopefully they all get more training because this shit can't continue

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Right.
    And this can't continue either!

Cold blooded and cowardly': Sheriff's deputy shot dead 'execution style' while filling up his patrol car at a Houston gas station
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...-deputy-fatally-shot-Houston-pumping-gas.html

This fucking back and forth murderous violence has to cease, PERIOD! :smt009

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

10. archangel

no you are right. It was July but there was still other stuff covered. I think dubose's murder on video was released around this time.
    I assumed we were on OP's topic but we moved on. Dubose had a video recording. I don't see how one compares to the other in this article. I saw a man shot in the head on video. No amount of words on paper is going to be as gripping as that. The police officers are straight up monsters. A high five with the dead person. :smt012

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  11. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Seems like you don't have to do much to get yourself shot in the US, it does make me wonder about the Police men and women though, what has someone so on edge that the first answer is Shoot, then ask the questions (police or not)

Race Problems aside

The answer to me is obvious, Guns are the problem, Gun's available to the public means anyone can have one and they aren't a Police only weapon.

Gun amnesty is the answer, the more out of circulation the better, we still have amnesty's now.
    The Dunblane Massacre was enough to get us thinking that just because someone has a legal weapon doesn't mean they should! have one.
    I remember watching it on TV I was about 14 or 15 and all those parents waiting for their kids to come out of school but they never came home again, me and Nan watched it and I remember she was upset I know she was thinking it could have been one of her great grandchildren (my nieces were the same age then)

Disarming the public is the best option, maybe then you'll get a better playing field for the Police (or at least they won't have the excuse to shoot first anymore)

12. archangel

Someone doesn't have an NRA in their country.....:p

It is very complicated in the USA.

13. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Nope lol
    We have illegal firearms problems but the law is clear and if your neighbour saw you with a gun (let alone hear shots or point it at anyone) you would have a special swat team at the door ready to whisk you off to court and then at least 3 or 4 years in prision, doesn't matter if you were trying to pick your own nose with it or whatever.

Here is some wiki fun facts about us and guns, even our Olympic shooting team have to practice outside of the regulations Northern Ireland or Sweden, we is that strict for realzzz lol

In the United Kingdom, access by the general public to firearms is tightly controlled by law, although this is less restrictive in Northern Ireland. The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world.[1] There were 0.05 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in the five years to 2011 (15 to 38 people per annum). Gun homicides accounted for 2.4% of all homicides in the year 2011.[2] Also, there has been increasing levels of concern regarding the availability of illegal firearms.[3][4][5]

With the exception of Northern Ireland, previously, it had been public policy that police officers in the United Kingdom should not generally be armed with firearms.[6][7][8] Shooting fatalities of members of the police are extremely rare; there were three in England and Wales in the eleven-year period from 2000/01 to 2010/11.[9] About 7,000 police officers have received firearms training.[8][10] Standard police firearms include semi-automatic carbines, and pistols, such as the Heckler & Koch G36, Heckler & Koch MP5SF, and Glock 17.

Edit I'm not sure how complicated it is, people walk into your schools and kill children with legally owned firearms that to me is simple.
    You cannot eradicate all guns, there will always be that criminal element, but you can make it harder for them by banning non essential arms.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  14. archangel

It seems simple but it isn't. You would have to change the second amendment to counter anyone saying I can own a gun. The NRA will donate money to politicians to stop that or will destroy the ratings of the politician to stop them from being hired through ads on national state and local level.

From a psychical perspective, you need the man power to watch over 308 million people. You need that man power to seize the guns. Some people are willing to get into a gun fight over it. I assure you it will happen. There are no databases to who has a gun.(Probably are but the Government can't legally divulge that... what idiot doesn't keep track of weapons that a potential enemy may have.)

It sadly is a social norm to have a killing device in the USA. You would have to change that norm and that really isn't going to happen. It is hard to change beliefs....... That being said most Americans don't own guns. If you can manage to live away from the gun nuts, you'll be ok.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  15. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

For countries like ours, what happens in the U.S. baffles us. The answer is simple, but it just seems that they want it it be complicated

16. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

17. The Dark King

Neither of you are bordered by countries with third world poverty and insane drug trafficking. The guns are already in circulation so the only way your way of thinking works is a police state where law enforcement does never ending searchand seizures with law abiding citizens while outlaws continue to get their guns illegally. What helped your countries are great social programs and basically living on islands.

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Now that's the funniest damn thing I've read all day, especially coming from you!!! I still haven't figured out why the hell you're even here. Do you even like WW, much less date them? I've proved myself time and again and some folks know me off the forum. Your turn, joker.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol i know right. He dont like women period.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

TDK, I didn't read the entire thread. Someone sent a link to me and I stuck my head in here and read the post I commented on. I go weeks at a time without even thinking of this place now, but every now and then, someone or something brings me back. Just made an observation that seems to pop up every time I do wander in here.