Christina Hendricks to play Ice Cube's love interest in comedy film "Fist Fight"

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

LOL. I remember the days when black men were shamed for liking light skinned black women. I had no idea that they were still doing that. I also remember light skinned black women being even more adamantly opposed to black men dating outside their race than darker skinned were.

However, I did mention in my comment with regards to BM/Latinas that the "get out of jail" card is very tentative. A black man dating an olive skinned/brown Latina (e.g. Eva Mendes) just will not draw the ire of a black man dating a straight up white woman. But, he WILL catch it. And his "race card" is still revoked.

I don't know that BM get flack for dating Afro-Latinas. Christina Milian consistently dates black men and no one says anything (at least to my knowledge)

A black man that dates/marries a white woman usually has to keep a very racially and ethnically diverse social circle that often includes very few other blacks (usually other BM with WW) in lieu of having a large circle of black friends.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This is so ironic and hypocritical, but It's true. I remember telling some of my bw coworkers that MLK was smashing ww after I learned about it in school. lol
    You should have seen their reactions. They were less concerned about the fact that he cheated on his wife, all they seemed to have heard was the fact that he cheated with ww.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL! That reminds me, I watched the movie "Jungle Fever" for the first time ever earlier this year. I was amazed that the Black Women in that movie were more mad about the fact that it was a white woman that Wesley Snipes' character cheated on his wife with than the fact that he cheated on her.?

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

G,the last time Ice Cube acted with a WW was that South African flick with Liz Hurley called Dangerous Ground.

5. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

I think it was "From superman to man".

6. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

Yes, and in that movie I remember that he expressed contempt for his brother's relationship with a white women (Hurley)

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That was the only film I had seen Ice Cube in,also. I had only seen parts of it. He didn't really get Elizabeth Hurley at the end. They were simply set free. Since then, he was ways the friend and ally.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I can't say that Christina and I are a match made in he'll. No. That's a bit too extreme. I would say that the pairing isn't right. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt. They may work out well on screen.

9. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

I wish I could be paired up with Christina Hendricks. No doubt.8)

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You and me both. But this movie won't be called Fist Fight. It'll be called Love Years. LOL

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  11. Soulthinker

So are a lot of brothers,myself included. She played a woman brothers dream about in the 60's and 70's especially when the Twiggy look arrived.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You're talking about AMC's Mad Men, right?

13. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

Cube, Denzel, and those cats don't like white women. Stop trying to live vicariously through them and just enjoy the fucking movie damn.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I know that it's just a movie and I certainly am not living vicariously through Denzel, Cube or other men, for that matter. It's okay to fantasize.

15. Soulthinker

Yes,G. When Twiggy came along there were a few photos of women like Ms.Hendricks and her contemporaries back in the 60's.

16. flaminghetero

You don't know what they REALLY like.

Stop trying to think for other people.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember Twiggy. I remember how pretty she was but not how skinny she was. Actually, there were quite a lot of women that had Christina Hendricks' figure before the 60's. Look up Allison Hayes(she was in the cult classic Attack of the50 Foot Woman), Betty Page, Ava Gardner, Yvette Vickers and Mara Corday(Corday and Vickers both posed in Playboy). There are many other women, I'm sure.

18. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

She'll probably just be a teacher who has the hots for him but in a very cartoonish way and he actually won't be into her or anytime they try and get down something wild happens

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

It's even worse if you admit to liking mixed-black women.

20. flaminghetero

No other race is shamed by their women but BM.

Other races of men are the ones that do the shaming.