BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I think found the thread: http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25126

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Just discovered this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Actors Lloyd Reckord, right, and Elizabeth MacLennan share television's first interracial kiss on Granada Play of the Week You and Your Small Corner, first broadcast in June 1962

[YOUTUBE]rlHK58dCa24[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

3. darkcurry

Gunn and Fred - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Just saw it on the BBC website. Hope to see the entire show when it comes on DVD.

5. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Don't do that to me. Don't show pictures of Gunn and Fred, you cruel, cruel human being.

6. JamalSpunky

Yeah, I think TPTB will be taking some liberal license and watering down the racism of that era.

Still....Supergirl, Jessica Jones, Agent Carter. All of these white female superhero shows in which the title character has a romantic interest in a black dude. That must piss off portions of the population. Of course Jessica Jones IR with Luke Cage was established in the comic books and I've read somewhere that Agent carter was involved with a black soldier in the comics.

7. JamalSpunky

Ahhh. So it beat the Kirk-Uhura kiss by roughly half a decade.

8. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Damn if this was aired in America :rolleyes:

9. ColiBreh1

LOL, how you gonna forget about Supergirl in the comics?...

With Mr. Terrific
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

With Val-Zod aka the Black Superman
    [​IMG]

Random Wheelchair Brotha
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She also had a black kryptonian boyfriend in the Man of Steel prequel comic

10. darkcurry

On a unrelated note I went as Val-Zod for halloween once, nobody got it. lol.

11. darkcurry

Comic Books never really showed that much discrimination. Some comic book fans maybe, but this was going to happen when they started putting more comic book heroes on screen. Now what they chose to do with CBS allowing supergirl to be in IR relationship was a risk, that for now is paying off. Supergirl is still doing well in the ratings, had a big premier and a lot of white female fans on social media loves the relationship... the same with Jessica Jones a lot of female fans on social media are swooning over Luke Cage and the actor playing him.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Mr. Terrific had another IR romance with a Meta-Human in The comic book Checkmate. Amanda Waller was pretty pissed about it(she went rogue and became a villainess, the Bronze Tiger and others from the Suicide Squad went back to their criminal ways).

13. ColiBreh1

I also forgot to mention that Lucy Lane is also into Brothas in the comics.

14. ColiBreh1

Oh shit, really? I need to hop on Tumbler & see it for myself. I remember someone predicting this would happen, looks like he was right.

15. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

There's a Captain Marvel movie coming, too. In the comics she has a relationship with James Rhodes (War Machine). Who knows if they will do that in the movies. They may change it up and match her with Anthony Mackie's character (Sam Wilson). Or not have her in a relationship at all.

[​IMG]

16. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Guys that's Power Girl in the first few pics.

Supergirl, Power Girl and now Batgirl have all been with black men. According to a few variants Mr. Terrific is end game for Power Girl as her one and only and it seems DC is priming for Batgirl's black boyfriend to be end game eventually as well

17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Oh yes,on Public TV I've saw a mini series on Masterpiece Theater called A Repectable Trade of a African man who fell in love with a English woman back in the 1700's. Many years back on American Playhouse I remember another miniseries called The Files on Jill Hatch back in 1984. It memtioned the story of a biracial woman whose parents are a Black US Soldier and a English mother who met during WWII.

18. ColiBreh1

Power Girl is Earth 2 Supergirl, so it still counts for the point I was trying to make.

What do you mean by end game? Do you mean Main love interest?

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Look for the Checkmate graphic novel called Fall of the Wall(as in Amanda Waller). Mr. Terrific has quite a few scenes in which he is romancing this metal-human(I forgot her name). She wasn't Power Girl who is blonde. The meta-human was a short-haired brunette.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw The first part of The Files On Jill Hatch. Didn't get to see the other part because it was on during a school night back in 1984. PBS was way more daring than the network television shows of today.