BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope to see that flick soon.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I stumbled across a film called Exists. It was out last year and is a found footage horror film in the tradition of The Blair Witch Project and The Dinosaur Project. It is the story of a group of friends who go to a cabin in the woods, only to discover that it is in Bigfoot's territory. There is an ir couple(bm/ww) in the film. Check it out.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

*sigh* 8 episodes into the current Season 2 of "The Knick" with 2 episodes left in the season, is it safe to say that the Alge-Cornelia IR 'ship is finished seeing how this season how this has played out with Alge's estranged wife being introduced?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  4. Soulthinker

I wonder about that too CB1

5. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

It isn't finished because it hasn't been concluded. Since the two characters were about to start up their whole sexual escapades all over again until Algie's wife showed up, obviously TPTB still have some plans. Otherwise why have them begin things all over again if you just wanted to sweep the relationship under the rug as if it never happened. Either it will continue in some capacity or it will be given a proper ending in which we the audience can see that the two former lovers have really decided to call it quits. Right now their relationship is in limbo but if they still feel the way they do for each other as we've seen last season, their affair is far from over and can pick up again at anytime. Just like Thack and Lucy's relationship could pick up again. Right now the bigger concern is probably getting a third season for the show.

6. ColiBreh1

Uhhhh....It's obvious to me the Thack & Lucy are done. It has never crossed my mind that Thack has the same feelings for Lucy that Alge & Cornelia have for each other.

7. ColiBreh1

Andre Holland (The actor who plays Algie) did a Q&A with Rotten Tomatoes on Twitter today. The question came up:

https://twitter.com/AtTheKnick/status/675423275086979074
    [​IMG]

Link to full Q&A: http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/theres-a-big-reveal-coming-in-the-knick-plus-11-other-things-we-learned-from-andre-holland/

8. JamalSpunky

Of course he doesn't. But he entered into a relationship with her before when he also had minimal feelings for her. Maybe with the recent turn of events he will spiral downwards again and revisit that arrangement. Of course Lucy is so fundamentally changed that she would probably be the ones less willing to try it again. However if the series lasted long enough the two of them, both older and wiser, could hook up again for more appropriate reasons this time around.

9. JamalSpunky

Hmmm. Interesting. It sounds like this is more about what Andre Holland feels than what he knows in terms of future possibilities. But even that worries me. I love Holland but he does seem preoccupied these days (post-Selma) to be all wrapped up in a racial justice/black empowerment mindset that it could bleed into his work. Nothing wrong for him having this sort of ideology and wanting to tackle real issues in our modern world, I'm just hoping he doesn't pull an Eriq La Salle and protest if the writers continues his character's relationship with Cornelia. And regardless of whether he's joking or not I hate his response that his wife's character wouldn't put up with any affair. Maybe but this is not about his wife. It is about his character's connection with the woman he loved first. If he is to bury any chance of that relationship being revisited it must be Algie's decision, not his wife's.

Also if the relationship is dead then TPTB must actually give us a scene or two in which we can see that nail being hammered into the coffin. We haven't had one scene between Algie and Cornelia alone since she learned he had a wife. It would be horrible writing to have no followup whatsoever.

10. ColiBreh1

Anybody watch "The Leftovers" on HBO? I saw someone mention some potential IR between Margaret Qualley & Jovan Adepo's characters.

11. ColiBreh1

Just found out David Ramsey had a IR 'ship with Jennifer Carpenter on "Dexter":

[​IMG]

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I knew it, I just couldn't find an image to put up. lol.

13. Soulthinker

Did not know that CB1,hope to find out however since I seldom see The Leftovers.

14. ColiBreh1

Found this pic of Michael K. Williams & Kristin Wiig in the IFC comedy miniseries "The Spoils Before Dying" from another thread:

[​IMG]

Are they in a IR 'ship in that miniseries?

15. Soulthinker

Hope I got that on cable.

16. JamalSpunky

A great relationship that lasted for one season. And then it was gutted by the writers very early the following year in a manner that was inexcusable IMO. Breaking up the relationship wasn't as big an issue to me as how TPTB did it.

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They hook up.

18. ColiBreh1

Are the previous 2 seasons worth watching or should I just skip to Season 3?

19. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Season 2 didn't have IR pairing

20. JamalSpunky

Well, I'll admit that The Knick season (series?) finale took me by surprise in many ways. One of those ways is that TPTB apparently forgot that Cornelia and Algie had an intense relationship at one time, one that should have been given a moment or two of official closure. I guess some of you were right about this and I was wrong.