No charges in Joe McKnight murder...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by medullaslashin, Dec 3, 2016.

1. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/12/ronald_gasser_suspect_in_joe_m.html

Shooter Ronald Gasser (above) released overnight without charges.

Witnesses say he pulled McKnight out of his car and shot him down -- firing a number of shots while standing over McKnight. According to witnesses McKnight had approached Gasser to apologize.

Doesn't sound credible to me, but that's "witnesses"...

Cops, on the other hand, say that all the shells were found in Gasser's car, suggesting that Gasser shot McKnight while still inside his car (and McKnight was outside of his). Shot him 3 times. McKnight was unarmed.

Gasser was released with no charges. We all know how it would've been different if the roles were reversed. For example, if the Trump supporter in the vid below calling the black dude "nigger" had been blown away by the black guy in the car, everyone in nazi america would be saying "he didn't have to do it, because there was no threat. He was in his car, and could've just pulled away." ...So the black guy would've gone to jail (if he wasn't killed at the scene by police).

No charges for Gasser though.

2. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

...& oh yeah -- a hung jury, on the verge of "mistrial", in the Walter Scott shooting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

You guys remember that one right? Where the cop shoots the guy in the back for running away (on the excuse that the guy grabbed his tazer), then plants the tazer next to the body -- all right there on camera?

...Smells like he's gonna get off on the basis that he "felt threatened."

The walter scott vid:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

This is absolutely unbelievable to me. I feel intellectually challenged to still be surprised by crap like this, but I can't help it. When the evidence seem so black and white, I always find a little comfort in "knowing" that justice will prevail...because the facts aren't really disputable, right?? Sadly, I'm consistently proven wrong. I'm just over it. I'm over the ugliness, the blatant injustice, the willful ignorance coming from much of white Amerikkka. I don't want to lose hope that things will get better... I can't lose hope, my husband and my children's safety depends on things being better...but it's really difficult to stay positive sometimes.

As for the original story you posted here, this guy isn't a first time road rage offender. He shot from his car, I'm assuming claiming "fear for his life". While his actions show a pattern of violent behavior, this is white America. Men of color do not have equal rights and as unjust as it is, they've got to take extra precaution to stay alive. My husband and I have this conversation all the time. I don't want him killed, so God forbid he's involved in an altercation or accident or anything of the sort... he has to take different steps than a wm would. He's not afforded any of the luxeries or benefit-of-the-doubt type exceptions that wm are and he needs to keep that in mind if he ever find himself in a sticky situation. That mindset is unjust and demeaning but until shit changes here, we need to keep reality in mind to LIVE to see another day. He's black and he's huge, he's an automatic "threat".

I pray someone takes a closer look at this shooting and finds a way to get some justice for the man murdered. Can't even imagine how scared I'd be as a bm in amerikkka right now.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

This right here.

(and congratulations!!!)

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  6. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

PLEASE stop that "men of color" shit...PLEASE.

Mexicans and Arabs are considered men of color and they hate Brothers just as much,if not more,than White racists.

The only men of color in this country are Black men.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Don't forget that most Latinos & all Arabs choose "White" as their race on the U.S. census.

[​IMG] Even most Afro-Latinos choose "White" on the U.S. Census instead of Black:

8. RaiderLL

It has nothing to do with who likes or dislikes each other. The point was that skin color has a huge impact on how people are treated. I completely disagree that black men are the "only men of color" in this country. With Trump in the whitehouse, the spotlight is on every non-white person. Your interest in degrading (specifically) Hispanics is incredibly sad.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

As far as unarmed men being shot down by the police and vigilantes and getting away with it... It's predominant my something a black man will experience. It's been this way forever and it only gets more Traction now because social media can report on it (before social media it was rarely reported in regular media). So, I agree that men of color hating black men isn't relevant to the issue, the treatment of black men and the killing of black men (not "men of color") is relevant.

This is about another gunned down black man. Not a gunned down Arab man, Latin/Hispanic man, or Asian man. We do not experience the targeting and being gunned down equally. So, this isn't really the thread to lump all non-white men together as if this is every non-white man's experience I'm America.

10. RaiderLL

I understand your point. My post may not have been suited for this particular thread. I completely recognize the injustices that bm face in this country and wasn't trying to lump everyone together as suffering the same level of injustice but I don't agree with the mindset (especially in today's world) that bm are the "only people of color". Maybe this wasn't the right thread, but the point still stands.