A tribe called quest is back

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove8, Nov 13, 2016.

1. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Tracing A Tribe Called Quest's Path Back From Their 18-Year Hiatus To A New Album And 'SNL'

https://www.yahoo.com/music/tracing-tribe-called-quests-path-160101886.html

The article succinctly talks about the groups individual accomplishments after the groups break up and now new album. It also discussed the riff between phife and q-tip

Question: do you think the album will be a success?

2. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Pretty crazy though looking forward to the release!!! I think it will be a success. ;-)

3. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

I hope so but will the old fans follow them and will the young folks get it.

4. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Yeah it'll either be a massive flop or it'll be a success. Kinda feel that in a sense it's hard to get back into a group that's been absent for such a length period. And whether or not they've kept that distinctive flow/sound is another thing. It'll be iinteresting to say the least. Aren't the young folks just into trap and slurred rhymes that make no fucking sense. Lol

5. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

I'm with you on that for sure.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It'll be a success as far as true ol skool hip hop heads copping it due to it being the official final Tribe album to feature Phife.

The current generation won't touch it never mind the fact the way they track album sales now is skewed because they base everything on how many downloads a particular artist gets off of tracks/albums than physical albums actually sold.

7. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

True true.

I saw them on SNL...they were ok