can you be pro-black and still date/marry a white woman?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by shion, Sep 29, 2008.

1. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

"respect where it's due" should be required reading before being allowed to post on this forum...there is a difference between being pro black and being racist militant black...

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Yes, you can be pro-black and still date/marry a white woman!

There I solved the question. Time to move on.

3. Ymra

Ymra New Member

most folk that claim to be "pro-black" aren't doing shit for the black commuity but being black.

You might find them on line talking about this or that...

...but in the community
    ...volunteering
    ...giving their time and energy to change the black situation

...mofo ain't doing this. Every person that claim to be pro-black did something other than CLAIMED it...how amazing would the black community be.

I can be proud of who I am, love who I am promote who I am..and STILL love another.

The question is silly.

4. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

My personal opinion is no you can not. I mean sure you can support the black community, you love yourself and your race or ethnic group. You can fight for their freedoms, you can buy from black businesses, etc. While all these things have to do with being pro black IMO there is more to it than that. Being pro black IMO is all about promoting the black race and culture. If you going outside that race and culture that is NOT what you are doing. While there is nothing wrong with dating/marrying outside your race it doesn't really do anything positive for it. Doing so within does. It helps keep that race and that culture going. When you go outside your race and or ethnic group your child is no longer just black nor is your child only apart African American culture. I see this a benefit to the multiracial movement NOT the black power one. I got this from wikipedia. emphasizing racial pride and the creation of black political and cultural institutions to nurture and promote black collective interests[3] and advance black values[4], as opposed to multiculturalism.

5. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

6. Bhayes

Bhayes New Member

7. Ymra

Ymra New Member

Your reply was packaged nicely you put some good words in pretty good order...but its still BULLSHIT.

NOT ALL [insert race] as ever looked that same....no shit? But they idea that we are all "one people" is what has kept "US" at the bottom of the ladder.

This is the sillies thing I've read on this site in at least....

...hmmm a month.

When a black person receives
    - the same income for the same job
    - the same interest rate with credit score and income are equal
    - the same stand of health care services
    - the same access to education
    - the same change to get a job (when skills and education are equal)
    - the same government contracts
    - the same application of the law

on and on and on on...when you can say that, then you can talk to me about "the struggle being over" I love white women, I think they are some of the most beautiful women on earth. And that is not to exclude any race, but that doesn't mean because a FEW accept me I am going to forget that most still don't like me, trust me, and fear me based SOLELY on the color of my skin.

If you believe the STRUGGLE is over, then you are fool.

8. Tirkah

Tirkah Active Member

"Let me tell ya something. You're suspect! Yeah you."

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Fredrick douglas was married to a white women.

I think that would answer the question

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

damn I didnt see this post. repeat.

being pro black doesnt make you antiwhite. the civil rights movement gave everyone their opportunity for equal rights it help white folks. a fat white man can now be a airline stewardess.

moses (according to the movie the 10 commandments) was a white man married to an ethiopian. you can get any blacker than that. numbers 12: 1-14...and people got mad at it (they were really jealous of the fact the moses was the man) and G-d cursed them who spoke against that IR (primarily moses).

so speaking against IR and another race is spitting in G-ds face

11. OpenHeart

OpenHeart New Member

Yes, a black person can very much have compassion and a dedicated commitment to all that concerns the black community. Moreover, the spouse of the other race can share in that commitment.

As far as getting back at the white man for what was done to BW in the past, I personally don't believe that when a BM is in love with a WW that he is trying to get back at the WM. Only in the case of criminal rape can this be a possibility. In the case of sleeping with as many white woman as he can, he is not trying to get back at the WM, he is simply being what he is...a whore.

12. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

One can not be a Black nationalist with a White spouse for sure. Pro Black assumes there is a specific politic with regards to Black people, there isn't. Clarence Thomas and Alan Keyes can claim to be pro black just as much as anyone. Black nationalism is more specific in its political ideology which is why BN's can easily lay claim to pro blackness.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  13. Bhayes

Bhayes New Member

i absolutely agree!

14. satyr

satyr New Member

There are two distinctive forms of black nationalism, cultural nationalism and revolutionary nationalism. Cultural nationalism implies a relatively closed relationship to the rest of the world and the pursuit of a type of cultural purity in the black community. The Afrocentric movement is an example of this.

Revolutionary nationalism, by contrast, seeks to advance political objectives for blacks through the prism of left-wing ideology (e.g. Marxism). The Black Panthers would be considered revolutionary nationalists.

Both worldviews reached their peak in the 1960s and 70s, but they'll likely be a resurgence of one or both in the future. We saw an upsurge in cultural and revolutionary nationalism during late 80s and early 90s with rap acts like Ice Cube, X-Clan, Paris, and, of course, Public Enemy.

I'd say that one could easier reconcile revolutionary nationalism with choosing a non-black partner than one could with cultural nationalism.

15. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

LOL B/C I believe being Pro a race means something more than racial pride and help with the community of that race.

This is me and this my family. Having difference of opinions on things doesn't always equate to that. Well I don't know how to do this youtube link but here this my page and my video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2yo6v4l32g . Here is my myspace. http://www.myspace.com/regina_starling

16. sockervadd

sockervadd New Member

Can u be a feminist and still marry a dude?

17. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

Can you explain more in detail what in your opinion pro black is? I guess for me I see it as the same as the nationalist thing.

18. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

Damn you just blew my mind with that one.

19. sockervadd

sockervadd New Member

as long as it's not a racist white girl or a mans-chauvinist it will only do good.

only marry out of love, not color, that's just stupid

20. z

z Well-Known Member

Marry out of love of money.

Fixed, there! lol