can you be pro-black and still date/marry a white woman?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by shion, Sep 29, 2008.

1. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

LOL, bro you aren't following the thread postings. This post was my response to her post suggesting that it's all about "protecting" her "culture". My perspective is that people couch their motives in ways that rationalize their prejudice. The piece I posted sounded to me like her post and that was the point.

It was NOT my position. I'm the first one to say that the confederate flag is more about preserving the racist traditions of the South than Southern pride.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

My bad I misread that. I was like this man has lost his mind thinking the confederate flag was a positive symbol of the south lol.
    Interestingly everyone talks about southern hospitality and how willing Southerners are to help their neighbors but people living in big cities are more likely to give aid and donate to charities. Which makes sense since the south are full of fiscal conservatives who believe you should help yourself and refuse handouts where the north is know for more liberals who amp up every cause they can. Saving the whales sure as hell wasn't a Mississippi initiative lol.

3. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

No problem, lol, it happens. By the way, the whole hospitality thing is a matter of perspective. I have NEVER heard black people extolling the virtues of Southern hospitality. I cringe just a bit whenever I hear the words Southern and hospitality in the same sentence. Hospitable to some yes, to others no. It's easy to say that others should "help themselves" when you have stolen and taken everything for yourself.

4. Iggy

Iggy Banned

"pro black"? lmao

The dudes on here would have a fit if a ww said she was "pro white"

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

My post wasn't about abortion per se; it was in response to a particular post joking about "post-birth abotion" (i.e. killing a baby after it's born). I simply said the idiot we were discussing shouldn't reproduce, but if he did, the child should be taken away & given to humans so it'd have a chance in life.

I think the focus should be on responsibility & pregnancy prevention (a.k.a. birth control), & the majority of unwanted pregnancies wouldn't even happen. I haven't crammed my views about abortion down anyone's throat & I'm not going to have someone try to cram theirs down mine. It's like religion & politics...I have no issue with stating my position on the topic or someone stating theirs, but I prefer not to discuss it so I choose not to.

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]

7. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:smt023

8. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Just leave homegirl.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

LOL...only in america