European women really more "liberal" than US WW?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by TheChosenOne, Jul 14, 2008.

1. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

Not every one from the Middle east are Muslims.

2. Canelle

Canelle New Member

Right. And not every mulim is a fundamentalist.

3. aozora

aozora New Member

Kat,

Even though you are being sarcastic that is true not everyone in the middle east are fundamentalist. Also that is almost like generalizing blacks that we all live in the inner city and are basically thugs.

TheChosenOne,
    I do believe though that European women are basically not as high strung at times about dating black men. Most likely from America although I believe it is more of a religious/culture issue they have than someone's ethnic group.

4. Canelle

Canelle New Member

No I meant it. :wink: I had my predjudices against muslim people as there were so called "honour killings" in Berlin and I experienced my female classmates from turkey were not allowed on trips with the class.

But l lived in a muslim country for 6 weeks with muslim roommates, which changed my view a lot and I also have liberal friends from libanon, Irak, Indonesia and Tunesia now. Not to mention my westafrican students, some of them are very liberal (some not and they hate argueing with me ).

Its a lot of stereotyping in the media, but living in a neighborhood inhabited by a lot of arabs I also know that there are fundamentalists as well. ;-)

Its not that every german wears trousers made of leather but there are some, yes. :mrgreen:

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw on Fox News last weekend called Murder in the Family. One Muslim man killed her daughter because she was dating a Black man. Her murder was caught on tape because her father was investigated for terrorist links.

6. Canelle

Canelle New Member

That killings of emancipated women happen here every year.
    My black muslim student always wonder, why muslim arabs dont accept them as brothers in believe.

7. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Here is a joke Black muslims tell:

A White guy and a Black guy join the same mosque on the exact same day...

One year later..

The White guy is the Imam...and the Black guy is the Janitor

8. Canelle

Canelle New Member

As muslims usually show a strong solidarity with one another, it is confusing that in Germany most black muslims are rather married to polish or german women but not to turkish and arabian women.

9. Soulthinker

Before 9/11 the Muslims in the US did not give a rats butt about Black Muslims whether it was Farrakhan or the son of Elijah Muhammad. Now,since their Saudi brothers burned their White Boy card they claim victim.

10. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

What about those commercials popping up in each forum category now?

11. LizzieSunshine

LizzieSunshine New Member

Im european girl and i cant really say if we are more liberal but we are definitely more chilled ,less materialistic and more open-minded than american girls. I've met some american WW and they were quite mean to everyone,especially guys. We are more relaxed and less judgemental.
    I'm not talking general,just my case.

12. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

I have to agree with you on that part man, I read in some parts of the U.S. the black Muslims had to stop the overzealous good ol boys from running up in the mosques(the non black ones that is). What can I say but welcome to me world.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I remember when one of my soccer teammates (who was from the United Arab Emirates), said to me: "I'm like you now, we're the same," after 9/11 happened. I guess he did that because he figured the white guys were going to give him hell, for looking the way he did and for being named "Mohammed."

So much anti-muslim sentiment has been built up ever since the attacks. It's only natural that they would try to align themselves with black guys, because we've been under the same microscope for some 200-300 odd years now.

:)

As for the polish girl comment...

I met one back in college, who was crazy about me (until she found out that all black guys couldn't dance, lol ).

14. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

You met some atypical people then. Most people I know are normal and treat people in a normal fashion.

15. Ronja

Ronja New Member

Don't forget what's "normal" will depend on where you are... So what seems normal to you wher you are, might not be normal here...

All the men I know who have dated American women say they're too materialistic as well. So sorry....

What seems to reoccur is
    - they hardly ever split a bill or offer to pay on a date
    - they want all "anniversaries" to be remembered and they want a date and a piece of jewellery on that day. (They'll make an anniversary out of pretty much anything (like 3months since first date, 10th date, 6 months since the day we met...)
    - they only date a man for who he is, never for his potential (hence a guy who's studying in uni isn't attractive, even if he's well of in 5 years, cause he's broke now)
    - and for some reason it matters which car the guy has.

I know men who have serious relationships with women from various parts of Europe, south east Asia, South America, Australia and Africa, but everyone who has ever dated an American woman seem to end up ditching her cause they think it's too pricey in the long run (and this is men who don't have money-problems or men I'd call cheap).

Of course, all of this isn't really a problem if the man is American too, cause he'll know that's how an American woman expects too be treated. But a European man might find it a bit too demanding. It's a just another cultural difference I guess. :)

16. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

Preach it.

17. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

emile heskey I will ask this guy Europe has it's share of assholes also.

18. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

European women do seem more lax in college I got more foreign exchange students numbers than anybody else.

19. Soulthinker

Just learned last Wednesday that Emam W.D.Muhammad died. He brought his group to mainstream Islam when his father died in 1975. I wondered if the major Muslim organizations went to his funeral? If not I sincerely question this "togetherness" towards Black Muslims.

20. Soulthinker

Welcome

Welcome to the site LizzieS. What part of Europe are you from?