European women really more "liberal" than US WW?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by TheChosenOne, Jul 14, 2008.

1. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

In college, we are more exposed to other people who are of a different color, religion etc. So we become more open. Im not sure what you mean by "lax".
    When I was in University, there was a lot of overseas students, particularly from Africa. So contact was easy.And dont forget that we have many immigrants from former colonies.
    So, I cant compare European versus American women, but young European women certainly are liberal in outlook.

2. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

I mist typed I supposed I meant more open

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Open not Lax

European women are more open and not lax. They are kind and considerate.

4. TribalHouseMusic

TribalHouseMusic New Member

I want to add anyone that has been in the military and been overseas can testify to the openness of foreign women. If you're Army the talk is of German women but if you're Navy and Marine its the other spots especially Australia

5. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Less stress is why

I spend a fair bit of time in Europe since most of my family is there, but I live in Australia.

We are more relaxed because life is good here (not bagging you guys out, but really, it's so much more peaceful and relaxed).

Sydney is a world class city like any other in the world, you have everything you want, the best food, all kinds of people, etc. However crime is so much lower and the whole atmosphere is more low key.

After spending 12 months in Denver, I can see why some of your women are more highly strung at times. That shits stressful.

Australia is definately not immune from the racism problem, I'm not ignorant about that. But our nasty awkard history is with our Indigenous people.

Every now and then my man will have people at the post office or bank s p e a k r e a l l y s l o w l y as if they are assuming he won't speak English well. Doesn't happen Sydney etc though.

European women (I'm only commenting on my own slavic heritage) I think are very different as well. You may be picking up booty calls when they are in college because they are enjoying the freedom and are away from their family, might be different at home though. We are open and relaxed but in a different way. I think being deeply confident and understanding of your own solid culture helps you interact well with others, because you want to share it and you don't feel threatened. You understand the beauty of diversity. You may experience racism from older generations though.

6. Maroon

Maroon New Member

Western Europe is way more egalitarian than the US, thus the women tend to be more "liberal" (if that's the word you wanna use).

7. FEHG

FEHG Well-Known Member

I concur with this observation! ;) The more I travel, the more I love home.
    I haven't been to Europe, but the observation on USA vs Aus is the same as mine. :D

Everyone should visit Australia. :D

8. Madiba

Madiba New Member

Got a quite a big Aussie community here in London, especially in wimbledon... And got to say you guys seem a bit different to the Brits.Not as reserved, from what I've seen..You hear Aussies speaking to their friends on the train at the top of their voice, effectively telling the whole train about their travel plans...its usually interesting though..

Met a few Aussie girls in clubs as well..usually good fun..

9. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Generally speaking Euorpeans have fewer hang-ugs than Americans. Not suprising consdering the US is fairly isolated (geographically, language, currency, etc).

10. FEHG

FEHG Well-Known Member

I can't WAIT to get to the UK - probably London - and get a network happening. Hopefully can catch up with some Zimbo contacts. It's going to be a laugh. :)

Can't wait to have a bigger variety and number of BM to check out. ;)

11. FEHG

FEHG Well-Known Member

I don't think it's to do with isolation - I think it's to do with your history and the "forefathers".

Australia is just about as isolated as it gets and we are way less stressed out than the USA, generally. :D

12. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

True FEHG, but Austrailia from what I can tell is a lot more conservative than Europe. Your last president was very conservative, right?

13. Soul man

Soul man New Member

Europe has always been more liberal than the US.

So by it's very nature yes the women are more liberal than the women in the US. I've traveled through Europe and I feel more free in Europe than I do in the US. Doesn't make the women over here in the US bad, and that doesn't make European women less of a challenge to hook up with.

14. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Augh no, speaking at the top of the voice I definately DON'T agree with. How embaressing! :) It really depends on your own cultural background within that Australian culture as well. I mean, more than a third of us were born overseas or at least one of our parents were, so we come in many, many varieties.

15. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Prime Minister, yes John Howard- he certainly was. He won by the barest of margins propped up by silly September 11 hysteria, and was widely slaughtered in the opinion polls for most of latter portion of his term.

In the end, he famously declined to give up the party leadership (in Australia, the person to be nominated for leader is decided in the political party room, then if the party wins , they are Prime Minister). He staunchly carried on to the end like an insolent old man, and was absolutely slaughtered by Labor and our new guy, Kevin Rudd.

Kevin Rudd is left-eg, will align very closely with Obama if he wins.He also speaks fluent Mandarin, which is pretty interesting. A very affable man in person, too.

16. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

That's cool and thanks for the update on Aussie politics. I am from Texas in the US, and a lot of comparisons have been made between the people of Tex and Aussies. Several Texas cities have sister-city relationships with Aussie towns.

17. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

This thread seems to be set on the idea that liberal somehow means more right or better. I have never been to Europe, I would love to go, I think you are all entitled to your opinions, beliefs, and political decisions, but being liberal or anti-christian, should not in my opinion be thought of as any better.

I am a Christian, American, Woman and proud of all 3, Oh, and I am also conservative (most of the time). I am seeing a wonderful Black Man, also American, Christian, All Man, and conservative (most of the time).

I would not want to be more "liberal" by our American political definition. However I am free, to make that decision, so I guess I am indeed liberal, by actual definition. Oh my! Such a quandary!

I have friends of all different religious persuasions, including Muslim, Hindu and others.

One of my best friends (a liberal) has had at least 6 live in boyfriends in the past 5 years, I still love her, and I do not condemn her but I would never want to go through the crud she has gone through with them. If she doesn't ask for my opinion I don't give it.

I see no problem with a woman changing her belief system to align that with her husband's, so long as it is a true change of belief, because if you believe something, it is something you are persuaded to be 100% true (definition of belief).

If anyone were to be able to persuade me that to be a Muslim was the only true way to God, then I would by definition have to become Muslim. (I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.) But I also do not see anything wrong with sharing the way I believe (since I am persuaded of my belief) as long as I do so in a respectful manner, and do not try to force it on anyone.

I know I am new here, and may not really have yet earned the right to speak so boldly, but I was concerned about what appears to be bashing of the (White, American, Christian, Woman) for being true to her belief system. And I believe there are more of us on this site whose posts I have read on other threads.

18. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Your post is interesting Tinkerbell and thanks for sharing.

Interesting though that you seem to talk about political view points and personal lifestyle choices simultaneously.

I understand this thread has some how merged that way as well, but personally, I think it is a dangerous association.

Perhaps my perspective is different though, politics in Australia is essentially secular. You may hear the odd conservative senator talk about God but it's not common.

I kind of think it odd that you jump from discussion of your own political views to your friend's lifestyle choices. Of course in the US religion and politics seem inherently intertwined- superficially or in the rhetoric at least.

19. Madiba

Madiba New Member

Ha..you travelling the world...USA, then the UK. Well, I'm sure you gonna like London, there is loads to do...Word of warning though:Its very expensive! probably know that already.Current credit crunch, should probably make renting a little cheaper though...

If its Black men you after, then welcome to heaven. Seriously though, there is a hell of a lot of us here...mainly Caribbean and West african, and a sprinkling of Southern africa..

20. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

In America, the words "liberal" & "conservative" tend to be more political than otherwise. They are also words often associated with lifestyle, which it appears the author of this thread intended. (At least that was the impression I got.)

However as you state, religion, lifestyle and politics do seem to be inherently intertwined in America. I can also see the danger in that, but it is deep rooted culturally, and even though we intertwine the two, we still believe in the separation of church and state. Every Christian I know personally, is more than willing to defend the right of others to believe and worship as they see fit.

I would be an "independent" politically if I thought it carried any weight. I tend to vote that way often, I have been known to vote for "liberal" candidates more than once. To tell you the truth McCain tends to be considered a "liberal" by most "conservatives" in America. That explains the Sarah Palin phenomenon.