Most black men date FAT/UGLY white women

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by Adolescent09, Jul 30, 2008.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

"Okay I reloaded!!!!!" lol
    Espy I didn't start this thread I just added my opinions based on observation and literature I've read. And in my comments I say over and over and over again that these are my opinions and I know this isn't true in every instance. So those getting emotional are just that emotional. They ignore what I said either to defend being fat and happy or offering up their rare situation? There are certain undeniable truths to this country that I think get overlooked because people either think their experience is everyone's experience or they live in a dream world where race doesn't matter.

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Your last paragraph had me laughing! Especially the first sentence. :smt071

It's so true! You can't make these inflammatory arguments, and then go, "what did I say? Why does everyone hate me?" You want to "argue" the way you argue, then that's fine, just be prepared for the storm that comes at you and act accordingly.

And I don't believe Andrae is a troll either. I'm with Espy on this one..I think he just likes to argue for argument's sake.

3. The Dark King

That's completely untrue. I didn't start this thread I participated in it. If you guys want to constantly say I'm arguing to just arguing please give me an example because maybe I'm not seeing it.

4. Espy

Espy New Member

Lock and load all you like Andrae, I not only fully understand the concept of duck and cover, I'm bulletproof!

In this case, I don't think it's that people think their experience is everyone's experience, it's that it appears to people as if that is what you're saying. Broad generalization will almost always be met with a rebuke from the person, or persons, it does not apply to. That's all that happened here. You stated a somewhat generalized opinion, which was immediately met with several replies from people who defy that particular generalization, myself included. When you hit a nerve, people get emotional, and your comments clearly hit several.

Sterotypes in general are deplorable, they aren't fair to the person they're being applied to and show the ignorance of the person suggesting them. Take what CBQ wrote and really read it Andrae. To realize a particular sterotype exists and to be so offended by it, or concerned with it, that you would alter your own behavior to disprove it. Damn, now there's a woman who'll got to extremes to prove a point. Considering that should make any reply you received from her more easily understood. I for one don't give something like that a second thought. What other people think about me, and whether it confirms or denies some BS idea they have, doesn't matter in the least. People need to mind their own f-ing business.

5. Espy

Espy New Member

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 You crack me up CBQ!

But I must say, the lengths you go to in order to disprove what a bunch of ignorant assholes think, is impressive. I respect how much it means to you, but really I have no doubt that even if you didn't go to such extremes, you'd be a positive example of IR.

There will always be stupid, petty, racist people in the world. I for one don't give a shit what delusions they are operating under, I'm just happy I'm not one of them.

6. Bookworm616

Dude, you can stop proclaiming that you didn't start the thread. We can plainly see who did start the thread.

How about the fact that every time you post you aren't addressing anyone's argument against what you say? You tell people to go read books (which cannot help you with "real world" examples) then you call them fucktards. How is that not arguing for argument's sake?

These women are coming at you with real world examples and all you can come back with is your same tired argument. Where are your examples?

I've seen PLENTY of in shape, good-looking black men walking around with obese black women. Others have said the same thing. Yet all you can say is the same thing over and over like a broken record.

Try addressing the examples and start to debate this topic instead of rehashing your tired argument every time you post.

And you can refrain from calling everyone who disagrees with you a fucktard. Jesus. How old are you???

7. The Dark King

Ok maybe I should give you more of my background. I have a degree in applied mathematics so I'm a numbers guy so if I see something happen with more frequency I'm going to go with that as a norm. For example if the number of robberies in Compton La is more than Burbank I would say that based on the numbers Burbank is safer even if there are streets in Compton where people don't get robbed. You should take a look at Freakanomics it's a great book. They actually covered a section on dating where they found ww were more likely to date out of their race if the man was making twice what his wm counterpart was making. This book was supported by a lot of data not opinion. So I know there will people who tell me they're situation isn't the norm and good for them but don't tell me thatsince the guy down the street won the lottery I should stop going to work.

8. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

loving the ignore button:smt061

9. The Dark King

So when CBQ calls me an asshole is that not immature I don't see you saying anything to her Bookworm. I keep reiterrating that didn't start this thread to point out the fact that I'm not spewing hate, that I'm speaking within the context of the thread but comment after comment address me as hateful and arguementative which isn't the case. I usually tell others to read because individual experiences might skew their perception. As I said before I'm a numbers guy and I go with majorities when I use examples or make so called generalizations. I get that what I say might hit a nerve for some of you because you might identify with those who aren't on the majority but I go by what I see not what I feel or hope. As for your plenty of in shape with fat bw what does that have to with anything? I never said there weren't dudes who like that.
    As for reading books I just wish some could articulate themselves better. There's obvious lack of education when I read some of the responses I get.

In closing I'm annoyed that I get absolutely no support from some of black guys on here since in other threads I see others having similar discussions.
    I also tire of the emotionally charged responses by some of the women. You guys are killing communication because your emotions run you. You hear what you want instead of what is.

10. The Dark King

Lippy I never commented on anything you said you ALWAYS comment first so why would you need the ignore button for me

11. Bookworm616

Exactly. That's been MY point for you in that other thread. Why are you so concerned with what other people are dating? Who cares what other men and women see in their significant others? If they're happy, let them be!!

If a dude likes that, what does it matter what color the woman is?? Why is it okay, as a bm, to see a good-looking bm with an obese bw, but it's NOT OKAY for a good-looking bm to be with an obese ww??

Please tell me what is the difference between these two?? Why is one acceptable and one not acceptable??

As for the rest of your post that I'm not addressing, we'll just agree to disagree on all of it.

I'm not saying anything to CBQ because you have done the majority of name calling. Let's have a discussion and keep the swear words out of it, shall we?? That's what grown-ups do. We can disagree and still have a lively discussion without resorting to name calling. At least, I can. Can you?

12. Espy

Espy New Member

Alright, then given your background I suspect you fully realize that statistics actually can be completely misleading depending upon what is included or left out. You can look at one statistic and make an assumption based upon that information, yet if you have more information that assumption might change. Anything without sufficient or proper context is completely useless.

Consider your example about robberies in Compton and Burbank for instance. On the surface that appears to be a completely lucid, factually based observation. However one cannot truly make a determination without considering other factors such as population. I'm completely inventing numbers here to loosely illustrate my point, so don't look it up and correct me. If the population of Compton is 200,000 and there are 4000 robberies per year, that's a 2% robbery rate. If the population of Burbank is 100,000 and there are 2000 robberies per year, that's also a robbery rate of 2%. Therefore though there are more robberies per year total in Compton, per capita the two cities are actually equal. Therefore your chances of being robbed are equal regardless of whether you are in Compton or Burbank. Additionally other factors play a part that statistics don't account for, for instance I suspect if you park your Ferrari in Compton and leave it running with the keys in the ignition, the chances of it being stolen jump to almost 100%. So you see Andrae, many factors play into statistics, to the point that some of them though mathematically sound, are completely useless. Here endeth the lesson. ;)

13. Bookworm616

I think I've developed a girl crush on Espy. LOL.

This is an excellent example of how statistics are just numbers.

Stats are good, except they can easily be taken out of context, as well as said in such a way to prove a point, when in actuality, they can also prove the opposite point. It's all in how you say and use the numbers.

Stats are good, but not foolproof for proving what it is you want to prove.

Great post Espy!! :smt023

14. FG

FG Well-Known Member

LOL Books, I know ESPY is pretty brilliant!!!

Like she said, stats can in themselves be accurate but if its not normalized or taking in context - it means absloluetly nothing.

My favorite example of meaningless stats is from Sweden:

In the 20's a political group wanted to do a suvey of the general public to find out what the ratio was between Socialdemocrats (Left-wing-ish) and The Moderates (Right-wing).
    The results were that the vast majority of Sweden were supporters of The Moderates.
    Now, anyone that knows anything about Sweden knows that Sweden has been Socialdemocratic (for the most part) for a very long time, and especially back then.

Turns out that the group used the phone book to get a sample fo subjects to interview.... Well, who had phones in the 20s???
    Mostly the rich!
    So of-course they got the results they did, its was accurate data from their sample but the sample was not an accurate crosscut of the Swedish populaion.

Andrae, you say that poeple think that their experience is everybodys experience, but I think you are the one living under that perception and the above is an examle of what I think you are doing, even though people try to give you examples here, you refuse to take it into account.

It is ok to say, "I might be wrong", you will not implode:)

I think you will have to live in many, many places for a long time and observe before you can for sure say you know the truth about this. There is too many subcultures and local behaviour and too many people in this country to generalize like that.

On the flipside, just because a ww is overweight, doesnt make her a reject of the wm.. there is plenty of wm liking that. Why is that ok, and its not ok when a bm likes a meatier woman? and why do you really care what others tastes are? Do your thing, have fun and live and let live

:)

15. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Andrae, I've discussed the lame brothers thing vs. the fat/ugly WW thing with you to show you how perceptions can be skewed and flawed. With your opinion still standing, it reminds of when you hear some people say that your everyday Black men, Black male celebs and/or athletes are all dating WW. When in turn, (since you're a Mathematician) that is totally false. I think 90% (don't quote my exact stat, but I know it's in the 90s percentile) of BM are with BW.

16. idear987

idear987 New Member

Majority of Black men that I see are in relationships with Black Women.

17. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Thanks for reaffirming that...lol

18. The Dark King

This statement is why I get so frustrated with you guys
    1. Your arguement is baseless because you're confusing frequency and population of an event. You compared the population with the frequency of an event but one has nothing to do with the other. The amount of people has nothing to do with the frequency of the crime maybe if you compared amount robberies within a given period you might have been on to something. Your example would have been accurate if you were amount of people convicted of robbery within a given population. It's surprising how all three of you cosigned Espy's brlliance (this is why I say pick up a book)

2. I never said I was completely right in my assumption I was just sharing a view point. You guys are saying that statistical analysis can't be trusted yet I'm sure it helps you determine where you might want to live or what kind of car you want to buy. If you keep expanding a sample parameter of course the data will seem to be skewed but me saying that in a book they found that ww who usually date outside of their race usually pick men who make twice as much as an average wm is easily proven or disputed. Btw those numbers came from the 2005 US census bureau look it up. If you need help feel free to ask.

3. Lastly I never said or even implied that if you a guy finds happiness in the arms of a larger woman he shouldn't pursue it. I merely made an observation of what I see. Flying Geek I'd love for you to point out where the IR haven of nothing but beautiful IR couples is because I live in one of the most condensly populated areas in the world and I think I see a pretty good sample I'd what's out there.
    As for seeing things through my own experience well duh... I never claimed my experience dominated all others I just don't pretend what has happened to me happens to all. I'm lucky and blessed enough to be educated decent looking and coming from an educated loving family. This has afforded ne experience most don't get, I often feel I date way out of my league but I'm not so self centered and arrogant as to believe it's the norm.

And one more time for the peanut gallery since you all just see what you want. My opinions are just that opinions so stop taking it to heart and if you
    are so easily annoyed don't participate in this kind of thread.

19. chicity

chicity New Member

Maybe richer, better educated women are better able to recognize a Black Man's worth. That'd make sense, actually.

You're expecting us to draw the conclusions you want without giving us the full stats or sourcing. If there's a part of Freakonomics you'd like to include in the discussion, post the snippet. This is the internet. Demanding everyone read the same books or concede to you is not an effective method of argument online.

Otherwise, this whole bit of "ww only want rich bm!" (in addition to once again sounding EXACTLY like mr. not-dbwoodside), sounds pretty much like those ww are racist, and the revelation that some ww are racist is not exactly the scoop of the century.

Why is it that everything you observe about interracial couples, all of your opinions, are negative? Ever notice anything positive about interracial couples? Still claiming not to be a bigot?

20. chicity

chicity New Member

Go to downtown Chicago at any weekday lunch hour. Stand at Michigan & Madison. Within an hour, you'll see many interracial couples, and most of them will be attractive.