Name the last three books you have read...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sir Nose, May 12, 2009.

1. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
    Florida Rules of Civil Procedure
    Government-In-The-Sunshine Manual

I know, my life is soooo exciting...

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I finished the Fifty Shades trilogy...thank God. LOL.

They were okay.

I've never read any romance novels, but I have to think that they don't contain as much sex as the Fifty Shades books do. It got so monotonous. They were having sex like 4-5 times every day. I mean, come on....

The third book utilized a lot of flashbacks, which was kind of stupid.

And there was a really creepy, weird line of dialogue at the end of the third book. I can't say it because then I would spoil the books. But it really left a bad taste in my mouth.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I have yet to hear a really good review of these books. Lol. But then I'm getting reviews from sophisticated readers like yourself. I've seen some reviews from women that most likely consider reading Home & Garden serious reading so you can imagine the fluff that those reviews were.

6. Otis

Otis New Member

I've been tiptoe-ing past this thread for a few days, but it's time to show mine (my mom finally left for work).

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua

Top of the Class by Soo Kim Abboud & Jane Y. Kim

The Wall Street Journal I get home & digital

The Washington Post weekend & digital

There. Now I told on myself.

7. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Sci-fi Romance Drama, IR Erotica, Historical Epic

1. Alien: A Girl From Another Planet Looking For Love by Black Dragon

2. Interracial Models by Black Dragon

3. Shogun by James Clavell

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Four out of Five stars read.

[​IMG]

Four out of Five stars read.

[​IMG]

Five out of Five stars read.

9. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Nothing deep, all very easy reads lol

Marian Keyes - The Woman Who Stole my Life

Stephen King - Mr Mercedes (I hated this by the way)

Christobel Kent - The Crooked House

10. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I didn't even get through the first book it was that bad, friends were waffling on about how steamy it was at the time and I lent 50 shades of grey from a mate.
    It is the first book in the last 10 years I have completely given up on, very wooden and no flow it was awful I didn't finish it and gave it back to my mate.

Considered myself very fortunate I hadn't spent money on it tbh.

Haven't seen the film either

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Now I am on Iain Banks 'Culture' series. Read book 7-9 and am now on book 1: Consider Bhlebas. If you are a sci-fi fan, this is awesome. If you like 'flowering' language, he does get on tangents, but I like it!

12. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'm way behind in my book reading, but I'm sure that at least my last two are James patterson books.

13. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

"Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass" by Frederick Douglass. What an outstanding read of an extraordinary man. A black man married to a white woman in the 19th century. What guts he had then.

"Weapons of Fitness: The Woman's Ultimate Guide to Fitness, Self-Defense, and Empowerment" by Avital Zeisler. An excellent book on female self-defense. I use it as a mandatory supplement reading for my female students to add to their knowledge base.

"Juijitsu: Advanced Techniques for Redirecting an Opponent's Energy" by George Kirby. Check out page 76 on the value of visualization. This principle is essential for not only self-defense, but also in general learning of any subject.

- Blacktiger

14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Slow start but great story :smt023

[​IMG]

Pretty good

[​IMG]

I always enjoy a good poetry collection.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Has anyone read harper lees new book

16. Bookworm616

No, but one of my Facebook friends who is a huge To Kill a Mockingbird fan read it. This is what she posted about it on Facebook:

Final verdict: It's awful. I'm so bitter at the money hungry people who took advantage of a beloved author. This book is clearly a draft- it's awkwardly written with poorly developed characters and bad dialogue. The only reason to read it is to see the earliest roots of what eventually became To Kill A Mockingbird. I hope this book never dims the brilliance of what she wrote next...

17. Bookworm616

After 6 months, I finally finished book one in the Game of Thrones series.

It took me forever to get through the first like 400 pages of backstory and character development, but once the action started, I finished it pretty quickly.

The start was way too slow, but it made up for it and now I'm eagerly reading book 2.

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Wow. I heard the publisher or whoever pull some slick stuff about getting the book but didnt know the details or whatever

19. Bookworm616

I'm not sure if that's just her opinion or fact.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I have heard on the news about something to that extent. I really didnt pay toooooo much attention though