Question? Why do ww women like black men when they get older

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by Rocket, Jun 11, 2008.

1. shyandsweet

shyandsweet New Member

Tuckerreed-the last time I emailed you-you never replied. I like for the man to do the pursuing. :wink: [/quote]

2. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

I can't lie....a lot of older WW...(for me that starts at age 35 and goes up to the mid 50's) have that "je ne sais quoi"....that the young ones don't.

It makes you wonder if it's a quality that develops with age or if it's a quality that a certain generation of women have but that the younger generation doesn't have.

I see them all of the time....almost always dark brown hair that cut at the shoulders....tank top w/khaki shorts....a good tan....a necklace and a wedding ring (damnit)....dark sunglasses that hide the beautiful eyes...perfume that smells good but isn't too strong.....and 95% of the time..you'll see them in three places:

1) Grocery store
    2) On the road...driving an SUV that's a little too big for them
    3) At the mall

3. PilgrimSoul

PilgrimSoul New Member

I didn't know A-A men were my favorite when I was young for the same reason that I didn't know Thai food and Sushi were my favorite foods. I just didn't encounter any stuck out in boring white-bread suburbia. That's not true. I did encounter one A-A guy in my youth and I made out with him after a party but he ended up dating one of my house mates :cry:

4. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

That happened to me in college. Do we know each other? :lol:

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Older WW are great for flings but not for marrying,a brother wants one if he wants children of his own. It just feels like the Black men are just getting leftovers. If she is livin large it would not be so painful.

6. karmacoma.

The main bros who are running down the mature ladies have shown no evidence of even getting younger ones. :lol:

7. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

Zing and zing.

8. PilgrimSoul

PilgrimSoul New Member

Doubtful. Unless you are older than most on this site. I'm 43. I've always been open to dating men from different backgrounds and I've always preferred men with dark coloring but when I was in college my dream date would have been Jimmy Smits. I was married to a WM for almost 20 years. After we separated, I posted a profile on Match.com and I indicated, honestly, that I had no racial preference. I started getting asked out by a lot of really attractive (for various reasons) A-A men and eventually I discovered that one reason why this happened was that I am physically the "type" preferred more by more A-A men than WM (Though I must say, based on my experience, there is a strong minority of WM who do strongly prefer the "type" of woman that you guys post pictures of here rather than the super-skinny type. For instance, I would guess that Bill Clinton is one of those guys.) The other reason a lot of A-A men asked me out was that I quoted an Aretha Franklin song in my profile and one of the guys I dated told me that signaled that I might be open to IR dating.

Anyways, the reason I started reading on this site is that I've discovered that I have very little desire to date WM anymore (the last 3 men I've dated have been A-A) and I can't quite figure out why and I kind of feel bad about it. I don't want to dismiss anyone for superficial prejudicial reasons but I can't deny my preferences. Therefore, I am interested in gaining insight into the POV of other women who have the same preference so that I can explain it to myself better.

9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

PS,hope you can find the brother of your dreams.

10. PilgrimSoul

PilgrimSoul New Member

Thank you. That's sweet. I think one of the reasons I'm kind of hooked on dating A-A men now is that even though things didn't work out with the last few guys I dated for very different reasons that had little to do with racial differences, things went so well between us and ended so amicably that if I ran into any one of them in the grocery store, I would just want to give him a hug. It's nice when both parties can come out of a relationship feeling like they gained something from the experience.

11. karmacoma.

I prefer to call it "mature." :lol:

12. PilgrimSoul

PilgrimSoul New Member

LOL- I have to say I find it rather amusing that some of the youngsters think an attractive woman in her early 40s would have a hard time getting dates and therefore would have to "settle" for mature A-A men. I get hit on by white kids in their 20s all the time as well as their fathers. I've discovered that it's a different world out there since I last dated in my early 20s and apparently I belong in the category which is known as MILF.

13. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

I would tend to agree with the above comments regarding mature women being less inhibited and now have the maturity to overcome the social barriers to dating outside her own race.
    However one must not think that only older divorced women are dating BM. Young WW are also dating BM. One has only to visit any university to see this. Just in case anybody might think that its only WW who have passed their "sell by date" who date black. Lots of my frends who are in their early 20's date BM.

14. loverofBlackKings

loverofBlackKings New Member

maturing & breaking away from familial pressures

Rocket,I'm sorry you and many other fine Black men experience rejection from younger ww,and that there is so little understanding regarding this, I see where you are coming from but will say this, I was ALWAYS attracted to Black Men but discouraged and forbid but I never treated any man like *hit,it was as I matured and realized it was MY choice and my life that I chose LOVE over familial pressures! My youngest dauhgter was also a catalyst for total acceptance when she fell in love with a fine Black Man and knew her mother was proud of her for her choice of love versus color according to my family,which, btw,we are no longer part of due to our choices. I raised my dauhgters differently and am joyfull I can also be with whom I chose, Possibly, you may not have met the right one yet, be well and be happy!

15. Persephone

Persephone New Member

I'm 23. My friend at school is 19, and she has a black boyfriend, too. Cute as a button, I might add.

It's just like every other "black men only date so and so when it comes to white women" stereotype. Same thing with white men only liking sticks. True, a lot do, but not all. Same thing with not all black men liking older women, or thicker women, or whatever.

It's called preference. E'erbody who dates anyone has one, whether it be body type, hair color, skin type, eye color, etc. I really don't see why every single preference has to be picked over so damn much.

Some people like S+M. Some don't.

Some people like classical music. Some don't.

Some people like french fries. Some people don't.

How many times do we gotta argue about shit we can't change? If you like it, holla, if you don't, move on and let those who do enjoy what they like do it in peace.

16. loverofBlackKings

loverofBlackKings New Member

applause

Thankyou Chosen One,,there is much to be enjoyed with mature ww that many overlook,unless you are wanting children.A wise woman told me in my 20s to enjoy each stage of life and trust me,without the worries of little ones schedules to work around us a few other bothersome worries of the young,I can devote my enregies into the plesaures of my Black King! Je ne sais quoi can be a big plus for those who appreciate it! To each his own,that's what makes the world an interesting place,all the delicious possibilities!

17. amalowze

amalowze New Member

Well said,

Do you by any chance have any photos for the brothas to see how an attractive mature ww may appeal regardless of age and past choices? Stressing on the "type preferred by the A-As?

18. PilgrimSoul

PilgrimSoul New Member

I've sort of developed an allergy to randomly posting pictures of myself hither and thither. Also, I'm inclined to be rather annoyed with myself for engaging in any kind of stereotypical thinking. However, several weeks ago my kids were watching an episode of Celebrity Family Feud and Ice-T and Coco were competing. I am definitely not nearly as attractive as Coco but I am vaguely the same type. Really, I am kind of dorky and bookish and I don't usually dress to show off my "hour-glass" figure. However, for some reason, I find it fun to do it when I date A-A men. Like I feel more free to be a "show-off" when I'm out and about with a man who projects confidence.

19. CarlosNevada

CarlosNevada Active Member

Maturity simply brings a greater sense of self-honesty and realization about what you really like and want. As an A-A gent in my 40's, I have become more candid about my lifelong adoration of wfs. And the qualities I admire in wfs do not necessarily expire as wfs age. I find many, many mature wfs extremely sexy and desirable. Some maintain their beauty well and their added confidence and directness are erotic. You youngsters will realize that we all tend to go for it more as we age and, for a number of reasons, some of us did not pursue what we really wanted in our youth. I know that I have missed out on some opportunities with wfs that I would jump at now. Frankly, my posting replies on this site is one way that I am "coming out" about my affection for attractive wfs. I have posted the why of my attraction on the other threads on that topic.

20. karmacoma.

LOL I love it.