Taylor Swift and Drake?!

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by brethard, Nov 5, 2016.

1. brethard

brethard Active Member

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqOGdpA9EZY
    [YOUTUBE]LqOGdpA9EZY[/YOUTUBE]
    I've been wanting to see Taylor Swift date a brotha for a few years or so. Not because I genuinely want to see her with a BM. It's because I hate her fake-ass, conservative, fake virgin, Fake Feminist all-American good girl image.

Nothing would destroy that image more than if she was dating a BM. I used to hope she was messing with Rapper Kendrick Lamar since she used to always talk about Kendrick so much.

Tn the meantime, I'm enjoying these beefs she's had the last couple years with Demi Lovato, Katy Perry, Kanye & Kim, Nicki Minaj, Her ex-BF Calvin Harris, & etc.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  3. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

She has beefs like you expect some hood rat to. She SHOULD be dating brothas lmao jk

4. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

I don't think she's going to risk losing millions of her racist country music fans.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Since she moved to pop, I don't think she longer has a large country music following. But I don't sense anything in her fanbase, at least the times I have paid them attention to suggest a lot of them are racist.

6. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

I think she still has a lot of country music fans that followed her to pop.She was just at the country music awards catering to them and hinting at a return to country.These are the same people that flooded the CMA website with racist comments for allowing Beyonce to perform.

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/4...urn-roots-country-music-during-cma-awards.htm

7. ColiBreh1

It doesn't matter that she went full Pop on her last album. She's the biggest music artist in the world & big part of that is because of the fake conservative all-american good girl image that she sells. Her dating a BM would definitely hurt that image.

I've always joked that I bet that Taylor Swift's people probably go out their way to keep BM away from her (Unless it famous mainstream black celebrities for a photo or promo op) so she doesn't get any ideas.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remembered when Dolly Parton expressed an interest in recording pop songs to reach out to a broader audience, she was told not to do it and stay in country music. Parton didn't leave country but she does sing songs like 9 To 5, Here You Come Again and Islands In The Stream(with Kenny Rogers), songs that did cross over successfully like other country artists in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

Country music was very popular in the 80's. Just about every artist in country had their songs on pop radio at the time.

I wasn't surprised that Taylor Swift would transition from country to pop because her music reaches a lot of young girls and her writing and musicianship are top notch. She still has her fans and even if she transitions to jazz, they would still follow her.

As to the possibility of her dating black men, that would kill her career faster than a speeding bullet.

9. darkcurry

Well let's squash this right now, are there any racist comments out there by her fans for the rumors of her dating Drake? If so is it a lot?

10. ColiBreh1

I think most people don't believe this rumor to begin with. Drake is 1 of the biggest popstars & is a half white jew. Taylor wouldn't get as much hate if she dated Drake as she would get if she dated Kendrick Lamar.

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I don't know, rednecks aren't fond of Jews, either.

When I read this, I could hear the intro from the old Superman series.

12. darkcurry

That's fucked up if she is open to dating outside her race. One of the reasons why I say if you want to be famous attract the kind of audience that fits you personally as well as the genre. Or come into the game being open minded and put it out there that you are open minded.

13. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Drake is linked to a new women every other week. It was Serena Williams, India Love, Rhianna, etc. and now Taylor Swift.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'm telling you, most of Taylor's core fanbase who are either teeny boppers or 'tweens, would not give two shits if she dated a BM celeb.

Their parents, on the other hand, would probably shit a brick.

Madonna back in the day had the same bigoted White fan base, except on the East coast, and they still bought all her records when she was chasing after BM.

This isn't a Dixie Chicks situation, since most of Taylor's fans are children.

I had the misfortune of being caught on the subway after a Taylor Swift concert downtown and it felt like I was trapped in this massive Girl Scout jamboree but with dads and moms too chaperoning.

15. darkcurry

Good point. But my nieces have encountered some of these teenie boppers that are racist and have picked on IR relationships. But still good point to think about.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Country singers K.D. Lang and Chely Wright came out as lesbian. Lang also revealed that she is a strict vegan. This didn't sit well with a lot of country music fans. Lang now songs LGBT songs and sometimes songs in movies like Tomorrow Never Dies(she sang the song Surrender during the end credits) and she sing the standard Love For Sale in the film The Black Dahlia.

If one is in country, one has to be of that genre because it's not just about connection and relating with the audience, it's about being what one songs about. It must show at all times. Any deviation of it will be costly. I guess it is like that in other musical genres, as well.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It would do just that. If Britney Spears back in the days stated that she would date black men, her career has ended. Fans, especially white fans, have an idea of who a popular performer is and has expectations of whom they date.

Advertising(courtesy of management) does wonders.

Elvis Presley never did a duet with a famous black male singer because of Colonel Tom Parker. He wanted to make sure Elvis kept himself free of black male collaborations other than songwriting. Elvis sometimes met with Chuck Berry, B.B. King, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddley and others in a small club for jam sessions.

18. brethard

brethard Active Member

Drake has been buying Taylor Swift presents for her cats.

The One Dance hitmaker - who is rumoured to be dating the singer following his split from Rihanna - has been trying to win over the 26-year-old beauty by splashing out on kitty accessories for her two Scottish Folds - Meredith and Olivia.

A source told the HollywoodLife.com: 'Drake knows the way to Taylor's heart and he's going for it in a big way. He stopped in PetCo and went buck wild on cat accessories for Taylor. He went all out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...sents-cats-Meredith-Olivia.html#ixzz4Pb8YkRSr

19. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Pretty much. The "teenie boppers" got pissed off when Zac Efron and the dude from twilight were dating bw.

20. darkcurry

Sounds like what some rap fans and rappers try to do with those that don't do a certain type of rap music like gangsta rap.