The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Exactly
    It should tell you something when people consistently pick Batman over Superman for their favorite superhero and doesn't even have super powers.
    In comparison to the movies Batman did much better critically and financially. Vulnerability is relatable

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Doomsday was created to be a creature whose ability is to survive. To be the ultimate being. Nothing but rage and violence. There is no calming him down. And if he is killed, he will return to kill and destroy again. He cannot die by the same means twice.

Doomsday was born on Krypton before it was habitable.

He was subjected to many cruel experiments, most of which resulted in his death. The experiments went on for a hundred years...until he learned how to adapt.

Doomsday is an unstoppable being. Other than Kryptonite, nothing and no one can kill him. Superman can kill Doomsday but he would have to accept that he wouldn't survive, either.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wished I lived on Earth 2. lol.

4. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

:smt043 :smt043

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[youtube]/pyZw_oqk7Q8[/youtube]

A close look at BioWare's long-awaited Mass Effect:Andromeda.

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Darn it got caught into politics I forgot to post this but yes it will be good. Can't wait.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]0pyVPfCdtcg[/YOUTUBE]

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Doomsday cannot die from Kryptonite at all. It wasn't born in Krypton because when it was an infant, Krypton was an uninhabitable, wild environment way before the modern Krypton we know and love. It's race is unknown, actually, since it was pretty much a science experiment for Bertron. It's a bit of a misconception, since the Doomsday being from Krypton only applies to the 30+ years of being cloned and evolution, thus the birth part was defined.

Also, it's virtually impossible to kill him and Superman knows this, so the only thing he could actually do, is send Doomsday to the end of time.

9. Morning Star

I do find that argument rather myopic, since people often miss the point about DC superheroes. You are correct that Marvel superheroes are more relate-able compared to those in the DC Universe, but I would argue that the characters in the DC Universe should not be considered characters whom you could relate to, as much as characters that embodies, personifies, or even symbolizes a certain trait or quality that one should strive for. Perhaps that's what comic book fans often forget nowadays and that seems to be lost on them.

That's why I can appreciate characters of the Marvel, DC, Image, and Valiant universes, because they all have characters being made for various reasons, and it shouldn't be compartmentalized by one particular thing, otherwise you're not fully appreciating the reasoning behind their characters. Superman was long established as a symbol of hope in his beginnings and writers have always reinforced that throughout his adventures. He is still a rather relate-able character in a sense that he's a person who is conflicted between his home and his heritage, which would draw parallels with the two creators - both whom are Jewish by background and would have to wade through the horrors of discrimination and such. And that is why I have a greater sense of appreciation for why DC characters are made the way they are.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This was my favorite bad guy. Doomsday is whack.

[YOUTUBE]ERQV_wQqWBA[/YOUTUBE]

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL. Awesome. Cap is down.

13. archangel

[YOUTUBE]G4VmJcZR0Yg[/YOUTUBE]
    trailer looks good....:( not happy that it looks good.

14. andreboba

Is her character a cyborg or an android????

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The character is a military cyber operative who has had her entire mind digitized so that she is able to literally inhabit any computer, robotic or cybernetic device. She no longer has a real flesh and blood body but is able to download her mind into cybernetic bodies to interact in the real world. Hence the name "Ghost in the Shell".

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Man in the High Castle Season 2 trailer.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  17. archangel

[YOUTUBE]MbA8TKIeJ7g[/YOUTUBE]

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Luke Cage Returns

Official Defenders set photos of Luke Cage's return to Harlem featuring Mike Colter and Rosario Dawson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Morning Star

I saw this and made me think of Tamstrong. I'm beyond impressed with this.

20. andreboba