What do you think about French women??

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by Celine, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Lexington

Lexington New Member

Actually that's all changing now that fast food restaurants are proliferating in France as elsewhere. Plus size clothes are a hot commodity too.

France heading for US obesity levels says study

01/02/2006- France is heading towards American levels of obesity, diabetes and heart disease, claims a new study.

The Kaiser Permanente Study, which appears in the International Journal of Epidemiology, makes sober reading for a country that, more than any other, has placed gastronomy and good food at the heart of its national identity.

But a fast food culture that is quickly taking over more traditional patterns of consumption is changing the character not only of city centres and family meals, but also the countrys health profile.

An estimated 50 million Americans have metabolic syndrome, a combination of conditions, including abdominal obesity, high triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol, elevated blood pressure, and insulin resistance.

Now the French may be headed for similar problems.

The new study, led by an American researcher working with scientists at France's Institute National de la Sant et de la Recherche Mdicale (INSERM), followed a normal-weight group of 3,770 French men and women for six years.

They found that each kilogramme of weight gain increased the risk of the metabolic syndrome by 22 per cent. After six years, 21 per cent who gained nine kilograms or more (19.8 pounds or more) developed the syndrome.

Teresa Hillier, lead author of the article, said that it is important to note that the more pounds normal-weight people gain, the more their risk increases for developing the metabolic syndrome. Secondly, insulin levels had the greatest proportional increase among all metabolic syndrome parameters across all weight-change groups, nearly doubling for both men and women.

"This is important new information because it shows that even mild weight gain is associated with insulin resistance," she said.

For France, which has had the lowest prevalence of obesity among nine northern European countries and among the lowest of westernised countries in the world, these results raise some important social and cultural questions.

The so-called French paradox - the belief that there is something in the French lifestyle that protects them against obesity, heart disease, and diabetes - may be a myth or it may be a truism that is passing into history.

Because as more and more French men and women adopt a lifestyle that is increasingly American - fast foods, processed foods, soft drinks and little or no exercise - they may be entering the front end of the obesity and diabetes epidemics that began in America nearly 20 years ago.

Europe is beginning to take notice. Speaking at a conference on metabolic syndrome in Athens last year, professor Philip James, chairman of the London-based International Obesity TaskForce, said that governments needed to take action to slow the rise in this condition in Europe.

Epidemiological evidence suggests that consumption of wholegrains and following a typical Mediterranean diet may reduce the risk of this condition. Other studies have investigated benefits from specific nutrients that can improve blood sugar control, such as chromium supplements and antioxidants.

France recently banned all vending machines from schools in an attempt to tackle the problem. But the Kaiser Permanente study underlines the fact that more action is needed if an American-style epidemic is to be avoided.

The European Commission says that 14 million Europeans are obese or overweight, of which more than 3 million are children. Obesity-related illnesses, which include heart disease and diabetes, account for up to 7 per cent of healthcare costs in the Union.

The Kaiser Permanente study was funded by a Trans-Atlantic Fellowship and awarded to Hillier by the American Diabetes Association-European Association for the Study of Diabetes (ADA-EASD). Dr. Hillier spent a year (2004-2005) in Paris at INSERM working on this study and other projects.

Kaiser Permanente is one of America's leading integrated health plans. It is a non-profit group that serves the health care needs of 8.3 million members in the US.

2. Celine

Celine New Member

Lexington

You've earned a cookie :wink:

3. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

Yup...

and, check out her thread about what she doesn't like about this site.

4. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

And slimy snails aint the same as a southern bbq with fried chicken, ribs, friend okra, black eyed peas, iced tea, corn bread, collard greens with tobasco sauce, and pecan pie. Followed by some dancing to blues, r and b, or jazz. And ending the night with a slow southern fuck.

[​IMG]

Of coarse, everyone is different. Some people like snails. Myself, I will take the slow southern fuck and some collard greens anyday. :wink:

5. infiniti

infiniti New Member

Damn flygirl! Seriously, I don't consider french women to be any more sophisticated than say "the girl next door". I have found that people who try so hard to be perceived as being sophisticated are at best, simple. I have met a few French girls but have never had the hots for any of them.

There is nothing more sophisticated that meeting someone who enjoys being himself or herself (hopefully herself).

6. JREMINATOR

JREMINATOR New Member

European WW think very differently from American women...black or white...I have been with French girls (lived in France for 9 years) and also Danish, Polish, Greek girls...sorry back to the point...bcoz of the culture here in the US, most women firstly want to know what kinda JOB u have...what kinda MONEY u make or you are going to make...If you pass the "BANKABLE MAN" test and they also like you (BM or WM), GREAT!!!

In Europe, most girls will go for you if they like you...regardless of your social status or race...now maybe American BM that have met French WW liked them a lot bcoz they didn`t immediately bring up the "How much money do u have in your pocket" subject!

7. hellspawn72

hellspawn72 Member

While I was going to college a few years back, I would run into french girls every semester. Some were prettier than others, but generally they were very nice and friendly. I do remember that any of those girls that I befriended were never interested in what kind of job I had or the kind of car I drove. This was refreshing from American women, who only seemed to care about those things. Also, just going up and talking to them was easy. Actually I found myself self-conscious sometimes considering how difficult it is for brothas to approach white girls in this country without some form of rejection or getting ignored all together.

I don't know how much more sophisticated they are from American women, but french women have a style all their on in their food and their socializing. They make you comfortable by treating you like one of them from the beginning. Hell, if more American women were like that, this country would be a better place.

8. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

and we all love you flygirl, you are so right on!!

9. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

and women of Spain

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Celine, Black men esp from America does have a long history in France starting from WWI. French women were the first to treat Black American men like human beings. During the expat years of the pre and post WWII era Black American men love French women. It has changed since Black men were able to travel Europe.

11. Magnum Brown

Magnum Brown New Member

Supremely feminine

12. OmahaBoy2003

OmahaBoy2003 New Member

Don't know about French women but to me it seems Euro women in general are alot more caring and open to me then the homegrown product. Of course this is based on what i've gotten from talking to the Euro women for years online.

13. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

I am currently befriending a couple French girls(Five who are friends) in their early 20's. They seem to be cool and all are decent to fuck'n sexy. I am actually trying to get with one of them. I noticed that their personalities are little bit shaped by their region. The girl I am trying to talk to is from the south of france, and she is the most down to earth of the group. She actually told me that south of france is where you can find those types and said one chick is from paris and is little stuck up(little shy and reserved), when we first met. I also know a little french, so i'm using that to my advantage.

14. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

How can we generalise an entire nation ? In France we dont meet many Afro americans. However we do meet many BM from Africa.

15. sarah23

Eating snalis is not an everyday menu for the average French person.
    But French people do eat more "correctly" than Americans. And we still value a family meal. Not your typical American meal which is often consumed in a car !!
    Americans who visit Europe are recognised by their obesity. But Europeans are following the American way.

16. sarah23

Even when they were badly treated by the U.S. army.

17. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Hey Sarah, any tips to impress the french women??

18. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

I can just say one thing- in Europe french women are the "High Class" in Sex Appeal, look,feminity, accent and manners...men are very proud, if their girlfriend or wife is french..

19. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

dated several in my younger life, fell in love with one and loved every minute of it. she was older, mature and classic beauty

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Melvin Van Peebles' movie Story of A Three Day Pass is about a US Soldier in France. Has anyone seen it?