Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Don't know why, but the trailer played out like a trailer to a television series rather than a movie. The actress Rachel Hurd is beautiful...
    I like her eyes.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Nobody actually bothered to post the trailer for "Echo Park", so I'm posting it now:

[​IMG]

I just found out Ava DuVernay's studio "Array Releasing" released this movie.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

LA,does Echo Park has a happy ending? If not I will not get that DVD. I don't like endings where either homeboy or WW die at the end.

4. ColiBreh1

"Echo Park" hasn't been released on DVD, Blu-ray, or even iTunes. And there doesn't seem to be any plans for it right now. It's only available on Netflix.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Is it IR when they're both biracial?

6. The Dark King

Loved her since break out kings shes bad af

7. The Dark King

That's Meryl Streep's daughter I adore her acting. She's dope in Mr. Robot definitely gonna see this

8. ColiBreh1

I didn't know either of them were bi-racial. I always assumed Nadine Velazquez was a White Latina.

EDIT:
    I just did a Google Image Search of Nadine Velazquez. She does look more like a bi-racial Afro-latina in some of these pics. That would explain why I often see her in certain black movies/TV shows or paired up with black actors.

I forgot she looked like this in "Ride Along 2":
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  9. The Dark King

Yeah liked her a lot since The League.
    Cute af

10. darkcurry

Really? I never knew that was her daughter. So her daughter did an IR film before her legendary mother did one. Interesting side note.

11. Soulthinker

I had seen The Bouce Back and it is a great flick. The only thing I will say is the IR has spread to one of the latina's friends.

12. ColiBreh1

13. Soulthinker

Just saw the trailer for The United Kingdom starring David Orlyelo and Ms.Pike. Loved it. It said it will be released in Feb,next year.

14. darkcurry

Watched Prometheus last night and they allude to Idris and Charlize hooking up with her inviting him to her bedroom, but no scene of the actual hook up.

15. ColiBreh1

Welp, looks like I was right. This movie flopped going up against "Star War: Rouge One".

16. ColiBreh1

https://twitter.com/shadowandact/status/812687479241408512
    [​IMG]
    http://shadowandact.com/2016/12/23/...blu-ray-check-out-2-nigerian-interpretations/

17. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

They don't need to remake that film, it's like re-inventing the wheel at this point. We don't need to be constantly reminded how taboo a BMxWW pairing is.

18. Soulthinker

True indeed. Why remake a classic?

19. ColiBreh1

I just found about this teen sci-fi thriller film with a black lead (Played by Jacob Latimore) coming out this year (April 7th) called "Sleight":

[​IMG]

The main supporting chick is played by Seychelle Gabriel. According to Wikipedia, Her father is of Mexican and French descent while her mother is of Italian ancestry in case anybody was wondering if she was white.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  20. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Seems interesting