White Teen girl fundraises 10K after parents disown her cause she has black boyfriend

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ColiBreh1, Jan 13, 2017.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Why is her teenage boyfriend suppose to be her parent? They are kids. Two kids who liked each other and wanted to date. What responsibility do you expect from him?

2. The Dark King

Which two adults? She's asking for help with her tuition not his. They're 18 not 30 and she asked for help and got it. I hate how we do this nickel and diming garbage.
    It's not like helping her takes away from helping sick people. What takes away from helping sick people is the collective will not, the political will not. So until we can make sure all sick people get help absolutely no one else deserves help?

3. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

They are college students....They are eligible to join the military so if they are eligible to join the military then they can get their butts up and handle business.

4. The Dark King

So that's what we should hope for our kids when in doubt sign up to risk your life. I'd much rather see them put up a gofundme page before signing up to dodge bullets in a desert thousands of miles away.
    And why do both of them have to join if only one is asking for money?

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the answer to how donating money to this girl or anyone else for that matter equates to revolutionizing the educational system/making college free........

6. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Im saying if a person is considered adult enough to join the military they are adult enough to find a way to get things done. Oh the military is another avenue to go to college. If you don't like that then start a GoFundMe campaign for all people who wants to go to college.

Here's an example of a person ( a teen ) handling business.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...p-who-buys-him-bike/?client=ms-android-att-us

Explain why can't the bf and the girl handle business.

Explain how come the bf can't go pick her up and take her where she needs to go?

7. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

There's none

8. The Dark King

I never said that it would. What I did say have been saying this illustrates and highlights how dire things are and shows our responsibility to the youth of our nation. Continuing down this over priced and unsustainable way of educating them isn't working for them or us. If education can't be free it should be greatly subsidised. I'm still waiting for one you to help me understand why college tuition should be more than half of what a family makes or in the case of many students who have to take out loans nearly 3 years worth of salary on average.

9. The Dark King

What on earth are you talking about? I'm your mind is bf another term for husband or father?
    And just because people hustle to make something happen doesn't mean that's how it should be or only can be.
    Before Obamacare people with preexisting conditions would have to try to go to Canada to get care. Just because people can and have done it that way doesn't mean that's how it should be.

10. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Wait a minute are you saying that her bf shouldn't help his gf get back and forth to work or school? I'll address the others later.
    But answer the bf question first.

11. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

State colleges are subsidized.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not every job in the military is as dangerous as being a marine or special forces. I'd rather join the Army than work at the waffle house. If it gets robbed you're a sitting duck, and 7-11? Hell naw.

Then you still have Navy, Coastguard, and Airforce. Biggest threat of dying on most of those jobs gets greatly reduced by simply following saftey regulations.

13. The Dark King

He goes to Clemson which is in another state. How? And even if they went to the same school he's a kid he should be focused on school not forming a bond out of guilt

14. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

He's old enough to drive her around and that's not getting in the way of school.

So are you saying he shouldn't have to drive her around cause he is just a bf?

15. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I came into this thinking...While I'm glad she stood her ground vs. her parents I didn't quite agree with the gofundme account (part of me still doesn't), but I have to say that you've made some really good points in defending her decision.

16. The Dark King

He goes to school in South Carolina for what appears to be a football scholarship so no he cant drive her around in Tennessee. Also its not his job dating doesn't make you responsible for another person. Goodlove tell me what's her responsibility to him them. Would she be obligated to drive him around if the same thing happened to him?

17. The Dark King

I appreciate that fam made it all worth while for me.
    Most of you guys are very smart and I respect you a lot so that's why I'm willing to engage. Other people not so much and that's why I challenge the thinking. None of us are cold and unfeeling people so that's why it's hard for me to grasp the callous attitude towards someone who is just trying to get an education.

18. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

It's nothing to do with be callous towards her . If you want to do it then knock yourself out. The problem I have is the fact that she's an abled body . wThere are a slew of opportunities for her to go. Hell I showed you a teen biked his way to work. There are a slew of stories of teens making extreme sacrifices to go to school.

Like you said there's no obligation from him to her and vice versa so why should you be moved to pay her education. He's not moved to help her in any form. That's pretty odd. That is pretty telling.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Exactly how does THIS particular situation show that???

20. The Dark King

That the cost of college is so insane a person has had to resort to asking for help to pay it. She's 18 you act as if she should hold down two jobs and make it happen. A 20 hour a week part time job used to pay for tuition and extras use to be the standard now you need two jobs to go. How is anyone ok with that?