Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Good point. Might rent it for a week then see how I feel. Had my eye on this car for a couple of years and now that I can kind of afford it I want one so bad. But it may be a matter of impulse control like you said

2. K

K Well-Known Member

Wow.

smh

3. K

K Well-Known Member

Hell rent it for a month if need be. Whatever it takes for you to be sure. Then hopefully if you do go with it you won't have the buyers remorse thing.

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

If you're ready to buy a car... I'd strongly suggest doing lengthy test drives to see if it's one that you can live with. Cars have long been a hobby for me so I always knew exactly what I wanted long before i purchased it.

5. The Dark King

I really want that Tesla big homie. It'll be a second mortgage lol but I want one badly

6. DudeNY12

Oh yeah. Big bucks. My ex was saying the same. Would take some planning to own since the range isn't much more than 200 miles, but still an awesome car, nonetheless.

7. The Dark King

I'll probably punk out. That price tag ain't no joke. I'll rent and then keep the memory in my heart lol

8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

This.

Just rent whatever you desire and have fun... Theirs always gonna be something you want better so ultimately you won't be satisfied.

I like Tesla's but personally inside I felt like they were no different than being in a Nissans. Dont know how it is in NY but Tesla's are a dime a dozen in Cali. Every single car manufacturer stepped up to the plate majorly where alot of cars feel somewhat similar so cars dont move me like they did as a boy.

9. DudeNY12

I see tons of them in the northeast. Here in DC you'd think they were giving away the SUV (model X). I'd love to drive one but won't buy any car that cost much more than 1/3 of my salary, which means I don't see Tesla falling into my budget any time soon (if ever). I am curious about the "affordable" Tesla model 3, but I think we're still 1.5-2 years from it starting to sell. You're right in that nearly everyone had to step up their game. Kinda hard to buy a crappy new car nowadays.

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

A few cats at my previous job had one. They are crazy quiet, it's waaaaay too easy to creep up on people in them. Seen a couple near accidents in the parking lot.

Speaking of cars, I'm loving Honda's whole line of new vehicles. Top notch quality cars inside and out. If someone would of showed me a debaged the CR V and showed me, I would of thought it was a Japanese luxury SUV.

11. DudeNY12

Yup! I bought my first Honda in 1995. I was still in NYC, and I bought a used '92 Accord. I absolutely loved that car, and I've stayed in the Honda/Acura family since with no regrets. Last fall I bought a used Accord with V6 engine/6-speed manual tranny as a second car, and is that car ever a blast to drive.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

#F8

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I even read where for extra motivation, those who decide to check their phone, pick up the entire tab.

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The new hondas are more American than most domestic cars. That's pittsburgh steel in those cars. The other parts are made in Ohio. If you buy one, there will be no shortage of parts.

15. meowkittenmeow

Which model?

16. The Dark King

The model s even though loving the x right now too

17. meowkittenmeow

Where would you drive it? Isn't NYC mostly public transit?

18. The Dark King

I work in the city but live outside of it in the suburbs

19. meowkittenmeow

Hmmm. Are there many recharge stations in the city and where your home is?

20. The Dark King

Yeah a bunch on I95
    They're becoming very common especially with the Volt becoming more popular and the electric BMW